World Supersport 1000 Championship, Season 1- Congratulations Champions Harsk, Ducati and Thematic!

• Thread starter Harsk100
  • 90 comments
Well, the video is a different thing. But the times must not be discussed here to avoid thread cluttering.
ANNOUNCEMENT: A regulation ammendement has been made. The videos can now be posted on the thread. But the rule of "not discussing the times on the thread" remains.
That is not why the rule is there. The "no posting of times" rule is there so that no one can post a made up time that is fractionally faster than another posted time. It's a throwback to when a lot of challenges used the honour system as a lot of times couldn't be proven. (Lack of video equipment and an inability to retrieve replays from a memory card.)

So enforcing the "do not post times" rule and then allowing videos that clearly display the time, is a bit silly.

That is not why the rule is there. The "no posting of times" rule is there so that no one can post a made up time that is fractionally faster than another posted time. It's a throwback to when a lot of challenges used the honour system as a lot of times couldn't be proven. (Lack of video equipment and an inability to retrieve replays from a memory card.)

So enforcing the "do not post times" rule and then allowing videos that clearly display the time, is a bit silly.
Ok daan. I'm sorry.

I corrected the regulations. I hope that this issue won't happen ever again.

Sorry for double post, but the things related to the lap time cannot be discussed here on the thread, but on PM. Sorry, guys... :(

Three lap times have been sent. Now I'm waiting for the lap times of MXHyland and LXM3500.

2 days for the deadline ending! If you can't submit your lap time in 2 days, you'll have 1 week of tolerance before the round 2 starts.

Round 2 is scheudled to start on January 20th, but if these 2 drivers aren't able to send their times until January 19th, then the Round 2 will start at January 26th.

I'm also ready to submit my time. Expect a PM soon :)

As for the Yamaha R1, it is certainly a different beast from the Ducati. A lot less unforgiving with a tendency to lift the rear wheel (and do a front flip) if breaking heavily when coming into the Dunlop corner. Not to mention the wheel spin - although it makes for some neat pictures.

2vwcpdd.png

Last edited:
I'm also ready to submit my time. Expect a PM soon :)

As for the Yamaha R1, it is certainly a different beast from the Ducati. A lot less unforgiving with a tendency to lift the rear wheel (and do a front flip) if breaking heavily when coming into the Dunlop corner. Not to mention the wheel spin - although it makes for some neat pictures.

2vwcpdd.png
I have recieved your PM.

UPDATE:

Don't forget that:
Class 1 is for stock bikes while the Class 2 is for modified bikes. This applies to Group 1 (Racing Modify) and Group 2 (Road Bikes).

UPDATE ON POINTS SYSTEM
The points will also count for Pro Mode. I'll edit the OP in a few minutes.

Last edited:
The standings are almost finalized. As LXM3500 didn't submit the lap time today, then the Round 2 is postponed to January 26th.

Here's the final results!

Official Entry list:
entry list.JPG

Official Final Classification of Round 1 of 8:

overall classification.JPG
pro mode.JPG
race class.JPG

normal mode.JPG

Warnings issued:
warnings issued.JPG

Final Standings after Round 1:
Standings drivers.JPG
standings manufacturers.JPG
standings motorcycles.JPG
standings pays.JPG
standings race class.JPG
standings race class 2.JPG

standings race class 3.JPG
standings race stock.JPG

standings race stock2.JPG

standings race stock 2 custom.JPG

standings race stock custom suzuki.JPG

standings portugal and ducati.JPG

standings normalpro.JPG

standings pro mode.JPG

standings pro mode 2.JPG

Congratulations:
@MXHyland for the win of Round 1;
@Harsk100 for winning the Race Stock, Normal Mode classes and the Ducati Category!
@listerstorm2009 for being the fastest rider between the MV Augusta's;
@DOKNYCE for being the fastest rider between the Suzuki's.

Driver standings:
@MXHyland leads the championship ahead of @Harsk100 and @DOKNYCE

Manufacturers standings:
Ducati of @Harsk100 and @SupermotoRida lead the manufacturers title 23 points ahead of @MXHyland's Yamaha.

Thanks for your presences! 👍
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to round 2 of World Supersport 1000 Championship, season 1. This time, we travel to USA where the Infineon Raceway is located. Let's go straight to the track's description:

Infineon Raceway is located in Sonoma, California which got its broke ground in 1967 and the first race was in 1968.
It was known as Sears Point Raceway from 1967 until 2001; Infineon Raceway from 2002 until 2012 and it is known as Sonoma Raceway since June 1st 2012.
This track holds an major events like NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, AMA Superbike Championship and Indy Car championship.
This track also held an FIA WTCC (World Touring Car Championship) between 2012 and 2013. In 2014, it was dropped from WTCC calendar and replaced by Chinese Round due to issues.

This track also appears in GT4, TT and GTPSP, but not in GT5 and GT6. What a shame.... :(

But anyways, let's regard the entry list: I have 2 entries confirmed (me and MXHyland), so, if anyone wishes to participate in round 2, please send me a PM regarding your bike choices for Round 2 in following format:

Bike:
Group (Road or Race):
Class (Custom or Stock):
Racing Number:

Remember that you can change bike and change your racing number after Round 1. You can also drive an different bike in Round 2.

A map of Infineon Raceway bike version:
infineon.png

The corner at 9A is really tough to get right and it may make the bike fall. So, be carefull about entering on this corner, because of 3-second off track rule!

Good luck! 👍

@cdx @LXM3500 @DOKNYCE @SupermotoRida @listerstorm2009 @Trismantis
I want you to confirm your bike choices. Remember that you can drive an different bike, an different class and an different racing number.

entry list.JPG

So far, I have @MXHyland's and my bike Selection (@Harsk100 ).

I'm sorry for double post, but this is very important to confirm your bike choices. Please tell your bike choices for Round 2 here on thread or on PM Conversation Facility.

Good luck to you! 👍

Harsk

As someone who has spent a long time away from TT - this track is a nightmare.
I am getting about 1 clean lap in every 5 !
When is the deadline for this round?

I am getting about 1 clean lap in every 5 !
When is the deadline for this round?
February 2nd, but if some participants haven't submitted the lap time, then this round may be extended to February 9th (if this happens, the 3rd round will be postponed until February 16th).

Infineon Raceway is a very tricky track regardless experience - T1 (or sector 1) in particular. Turn 6 will also pretty much make or brake your lap time.

:)

Infineon Raceway is a very tricky track regardless experience - T1 (or sector 1) in particular. Turn 6 will also pretty much make or brake your lap time.

Yeah, that T6 is very dangerous because if you go too slow, the bike will fall. I tried to make an clean lap, but accidentally ended on cutting corner which fortunately, I didn't have an penalty, because I stayed off track in just 1 second.

Did a 1:31.627 on Fuji 90's on the Honda CBR1000 RM '05. I know deadline has passed. I know I will not show up on round #1 leaderboard. Do I have to pick a "stock" RM Bike that hasn't been taken. Can there be more than one rider per manufacturer?

Did a 1:31.627 on Fuji 90's on the Honda CBR1000 RM '05. I know deadline has passed. I know I will not show up on round #1 leaderboard. Do I have to pick a "stock" RM Bike that hasn't been taken. Can there be more than one rider per manufacturer?

Yes, it can be more than one rider than manufacturer. But you pick your bike of your preference. But you can also ride an road bike, if you want. This road bike class may be withdrawn at the end of season if there are no participants of Roadgoing Class.

And yes, unfortunately, the deadline of Round has passed.
Therefore, note that you still have time to submit your lap time for Round 2. The deadline of Round 2 is at February 9th. 👍

Last edited:
If I read the information correctly. Because I will be in the Race "Stock" I can't touch anything and have to use the RM tyres. All settings must be left as is? I.E., at the default settings? I haven't chosen a bike yet. But here is my info from rd #1.

Name of the driver: oldmodelt
Lap Time: 1:31.527 (error in previous post)
Racing Number: 56
Bike: Honda CBR 1000RM '05
Group: Normal Mode
Class: Race
Stock/Custom: Stock
Riding Form (Neutral/Lean In/Lean Out/Motard): Riding form C

If I read the information correctly. Because I will be in the Race "Stock" I can't touch anything and have to use the RM tyres. All settings must be left as is? I.E., at the default settings? I haven't chosen a bike yet. But here is my info from rd #1.

Name of the driver: oldmodelt
Lap Time: 1:31.527 (error in previous post)
Racing Number: 56
Bike: Honda CBR 1000RM '05
Group: Normal Mode
Class: Race
Stock/Custom: Stock
Riding Form (Neutral/Lean In/Lean Out/Motard): Riding form C
OK. But look, when you have decided the bike that you're using the Round #1, please let me know ASAP. Not on thread, but through PM. But thanks anyway. 👍

Have been enjoying my return to TT. Switched over to MT as my previous post mentioned. Might even go to Semi-Pro control but the extended button holding (for tuck etc.) might aggravate my slight Carpal Tunnel issues I have with my fingers. One of the drawbacks of my advanced years. Lol. It did in the past that’s why I used AT. But my therapy exercises has corrected it a lot. Using the right analog stick for the acc/brake function took away a lot of pain in my thumb.
As I mentioned to Harsk in my pm, I never minded losing. I just enjoy the game for the fun it gives me. I have found that even if I’m at a disadvantage controller but definitely skill wise against you young bucks I still can chip away at those leads. That 5 sec a lap difference might with practice get a little smaller and once in a while I may surprise one of you and actually place relatively high in the standings if you get too lazy.
I went into the challenges and even if you win in the Yamaha YZF R1 RM ’05 one you can’t choose a racing number for your bike.
I’m having fun I might even restart the whole game from the beginning. But probably not. I have most of the bikes except for a few repeats in colors from the challenges.
RacerPaul65 was invited by me but the fool no longer has a PS2 or 3. Hell, I still have my Intellivision game system.

Have been enjoying my return to TT. Switched over to MT as my previous post mentioned. Might even go to Semi-Pro control but the extended button holding (for tuck etc.) might aggravate my slight Carpal Tunnel issues I have with my fingers. One of the drawbacks of my advanced years. Lol. It did in the past that’s why I used AT. But my therapy exercises has corrected it a lot. Using the right analog stick for the acc/brake function took away a lot of pain in my thumb.
As I mentioned to Harsk in my pm, I never minded losing. I just enjoy the game for the fun it gives me. I have found that even if I’m at a disadvantage controller but definitely skill wise against you young bucks I still can chip away at those leads. That 5 sec a lap difference might with practice get a little smaller and once in a while I may surprise one of you and actually place relatively high in the standings if you get too lazy.
I went into the challenges and even if you win in the Yamaha YZF R1 RM ’05 one you can’t choose a racing number for your bike.
I’m having fun I might even restart the whole game from the beginning. But probably not. I have most of the bikes except for a few repeats in colors from the challenges.
RacerPaul65 was invited by me but the fool no longer has a PS2 or 3. Hell, I still have my Intellivision game system.
I'm glad that you're enjoying. Because we're all enjoying. I also enjoy myself playing TT, GT4 and GT3.

@MXHyland @cdx @SupermotoRida @DOKNYCE You have 8 hours left to send (depending of your local time)

I'll be PMing you my lap time for this week very soon.

Okay. But remember that you have until today, at 00:59 GMT+1 (your local time) to have your lap time submitted or you will remain unclassified for Round 2.

Okay. But remember that you have until today, at 00:59 GMT+1 (your local time) to have your lap time submitted or you will remain unclassified for Round 2.
I've been trying to beat my (now submitted) lap time for the past week with a busy schedule but in vain. Should be fairly decent, however, it's nothing out of the ordinary. I reckon that I could've probably shaved off at least another second. Infineon Raceway is a tough one to crack. Oh well.

Good luck everyone!

Quick question....
Who, like me, runs their laps in first person mode?

I ask, because in games like MotoGP I am about 2 seconds a lap quicker in third person as opposed to first.
In TT it's the opposite.....

Just wondering...

Quick question....
Who, like me, runs their laps in first person mode?

I ask, because in games like MotoGP I am about 2 seconds a lap quicker in third person as opposed to first.
In TT it's the opposite.....

Just wondering...
I run my laps in third person mode.

I run my laps in third person mode.

I did run them in 1st person back in the day. And I was 1-4 sec slower a lap except for the Ring which was more. But it was just so much more of a challenge and fun that I did it. But now getting back into the flow of the game I'm back to what they call the "chase view". I'm sure I will experiment with FP again.

Here is a run I did in FP years ago.

okay - that settles it. I am going back to third person.
As oldmodelt said, first person is much more fun and engaging... but I was on the limit at Infineon and still 2 seconds off....we'll see this time at Valencia...

I did run them in 1st person back in the day. And I was 1-4 sec slower a lap except for the Ring which was more. But it was just so much more of a challenge and fun that I did it. But now getting back into the flow of the game I'm back to what they call the "chase view". I'm sure I will experiment with FP again.

Here is a run I did in FP years ago.

Nice video, oldmodelt.

okay - that settles it. I am going back to third person.
As oldmodelt said, first person is much more fun and engaging... but I was on the limit at Infineon and still 2 seconds off....we'll see this time at Valencia...
You got very lucky, right on the limit! If you were offtrack for more than 3 seconds, you would get an additional time penalty. I also cutted the chicane, but also stayed off track during 2 seconds too! 👍

Back