WORLD WAGON CHAMPIONSHIP Fridays 17:30 EDT/22:30 BST: CONGRATS TO CHAMPION JOE__KERR/REEFER

We do seem to have an attraction. :lol:

I was being a little cautious yesterday because Tom was lagging a bit on my screen. One moment he was in front of me the next he wasn't an visa versa. Sorry for any taps Tom. A good scrap though in that first race.

The only tuning I'd done was to the gearbox, so in the first race the Scuby had a great top speed - but took ages to get there. A bit of gear ratio shuffling between races resulted in better acceleration which helped, but I lost concentration mid race and came last!

Yea - right since Classic Cars Paul; lots of good tussles. :)

Last edited:
Now I had a clear out of my replays and photos a short while ago and haven't been saving that many replays recently. But funnily enough I did save that race! I think it was because I overtook you at one point, so thought it worth keeping for posterity.

Different footage will show different things depending on the connection.

Anyway apon viewing mine it shows pretty much the same as you saw. No contact but Tom's car behaving like there was and flying off into the gravel. Tom was mildly lagging here and there throughout prior to the "incident", similar to what he appeared to be at Daytona to me. Puffs of tyre smoke and sudden position changes. Jocke has said he's seen the same.

I was wandering if Tom used Wi-Fi on his PS3 since that at times can cause these problems. Direct cable is always best. Network power adapters next. Wi-Fi last.
Wi-Fi can be OK but is always susceptible to slight outages that cause packet loss, all the PS3's then have to request the missing positional data again which results in lag - which for racing isn't ideal.

The other odd thing is that with you all the way over the other side of the world you'd expect some lag considering the distance. But no, you were pretty much rock solid, the slightest of glitches but that's it. The connection gods work in mysterious ways.

While we are at it I suppose I should also ask, do I appear to lag to anyone else? I'm wired with all my PS3 and router settings tweaked as much as they can be.

I used to run on Wi-Fi Paul, and seldom encountered lag probs on my input to the races. For the past 6 to 8 months I have been using a cable connection, and I am on fibre optic, so it seems there are other causes for lag unknown to me, not that I know a great deal about it. it's only the past 3 months at the most, I think, that people have been telling me my cars have been lagging.
I have noticed only occasional lagging from you Paul.
I was running with JK recently; only the two of us in the room, and we were both jumping all over the track - backwards, forwards, sideways - nuts.

Last edited:
I was running with JK recently; only the two of us in the room, and we were both jumping all over the track - backwards, forwards, sideways -nuts

Yeah, and it always happened at exactly the same place on the track at Daytona.

I've just changed my provider and settings. Now running 1gbps on a wi-fi set up.

Are your PS3 and Wi-Fi router quite close together because you always seem very stable? It's usually when there's a few walls or even electrical appliances around that it can tend to fall down a bit.

I have about 8 ft and 2 paper-thin walls between my PS3 and router. No other electrical appliances around. I remember Colin lagging before, not bad though, and some others, but can't remember who now.

And while I'm here, why don't we run in Championship reverse order for the last race? Just something to make it fun for those in slower cars than the '99 which a few have kept back.

Yeah, and it always happened at exactly the same place on the track at Daytona.

I was seeing you jump around at many points on the track Joe. I don't need to understand it all, but I'd sure like it gone.
1Gb p s - you sure? That's massive.

For the past 6 to 8 months I have been using a cable connection, and I am on fibre optic, so it seems there are other causes for lag unknown to me, not that I know a great deal about it. it's only the past 3 months at the most, I think, that people have been telling me my cars have been lagging.
Strange and interesting at the same time. You should be fine in theory.

I suppose you may possibly see lagging from others if there is data loss.

Three things I can think of off the top of my head...
When you switched to cable did you change the settings on your PS3 to reflect that - not just plug the cable in? I assume you did because it's been working fine for awhile you say.
It also might be worth trying some new cables because they can sometimes cause errors.
Or maybe the router may have become faulty.
One other thing is if it's only fairly recently perhaps your provider could look into it because their connection boxes can go wrong if they get moisture in them.

Now running 1gbps
:eek: I'm still on copper cable.

Actually it's not speed that matters so much since there's not a lot of data being transferred, it's more the quality and reliability.

As for the cars, I must look to see what I have left. I've just been picking randomly. There probably is a Subaru or two.

I was seeing you jump around at many points on the track Joe. I don't need to understand it all, but I'd sure like it gone.
1Gb p s - you sure? That's massive.

I could pinpoint when and how you were going to jump on Daytona when running behind you. That day was crazy though. Yep, just upgraded my Internet for 1gbps Tom.

I just find it interesting how many times I've read in online rooms, "Such 'n such shunted me off, kick him out!" .. "No, I didn't." .. "Yes, you did!" .. ..

I could pinpoint when and how you were going to jump on Daytona when running behind you. That day was crazy though. Yep, just upgraded my Internet for 1gbps Tom.

I just find it interesting how many times I've read in online rooms, "Such 'n such shunted me off, kick him out!" .. "No, I didn't." .. "Yes, you did!" .. ..

Even after this long so many people are clueless. They don't even know what clearing cache is or are confused when 5 star rooms don't work on weekends

I just find it interesting how many times I've read in online rooms, "Such 'n such shunted me off, kick him out!" .. "No, I didn't." .. "Yes, you did!"
And if you add invisible cars into the mix...

Yep I've got two Scuby's left. I think I'll use the Impreza Sport Wagon STi '00. Is that good?

Aye the '00 is great! Can't remember where I used it, and don't think I actually got a good result with it, but I do remember enjoying it. Need to drink a little less on Fridays!

Edit - Just checked back the thread, looks like I used it at Ascari. Pole, fastest laps, a win and a second on a track I can never hook up. I'd say it's a good car!

And if you add invisible cars into the mix...

Yep I've got two Scuby's left. I think I'll use the Impreza Sport Wagon STi '00. Is that good?

Are you guys talking about motegi road course or oval? Remember there's two weeks left still. You'll probably want to save the fastest car you have left for the finale at the oval.

You'll probably want to save the fastest car you have left for the finale at the oval.

..where the master Paul will come into his own. Strategy will be everything for those in the faster cars but for those in slower cars it might be a long race unless we do a reverse grid or something. I'll be using the slowest car, the Legnum, for the penultimate race and the fastest (?), the '99, for the 65 laps which is a 44-min race with heavy tyre wear:cheers:

where the master Paul will come into his own
Only if pitstops are disallowed. :)

I was thinking, if I can make the race, that I'd use something with the engine out of a Lamborghini for the final race. Although then I may have to stop for fuel more often. We'll see.

Only if pitstops are disallowed. :)

I was thinking, if I can make the race, that I'd use something with the engine out of a Lamborghini for the final race. Although then I may have to stop for fuel more often. We'll see.

It takes 27 laps for my '99 to run out of fuel at the Speedway

I just wanna check I tune my cars on right track for Friday.
1. Motegi East Cource
2. Motegi Road Cource (weather&time option)
Right?

Good, thanks.

By the way my last unused cars that I'll be using are: Subaru Legacy GT-B '96 and Subaru Impreza STi '00.

Great racing with everyone.

I was too tired tonight and probably shouldn't have raced. :indiff:

Huge apologies to Colin @buybon355 for completely taking you out on the 2nd lap in the second race. I thought I'd braked early enough not to hit you but then you got nearer and nearer and I even hit the start button to ghost out but still got you!:dunce:

Blue sorry I didn't complete the lightning lap. I did mean to do it but life got in the way.

Looking forward to the final race.
:cheers:

Results

Race 24 - Motegi East

1. jam_my21 - Legacy '96
2. joe__kerr - Legnum
3. PureGT_GOOFY - Airtrek
4. bloodyboyblue - Legacy '96
5. buybon355 - Legacy 3.0
6. iamtooma - RS6 '08
7. sutsagrd - Legacy Spec B
8. IfAndOr - Impreza '00

Pole: jam_my21
Fast Lap: jam_my21

Race 25 - Motegi Road Course
1. jam_my21 - Impreza '00
2. joe__kerr - RS4
3. bloodyboyblue - Legacy Spec B
4. PureGT_GOOFY - Airtrek
5. IfAndOr - Impreza '00
6. iamtooma - RS6 '08
7. buybon355 - Legacy 3.0
8. sutsagrd - Legacy Spec B

Fast Lap: jam_my21

Great racing with everyone.

I was too tired tonight and probably shouldn't have raced. :indiff:

Huge apologies to Colin @buybon355 for completely taking you out on the 2nd lap in the second race. I thought I'd braked early enough not to hit you but then you got nearer and nearer and I even hit the start button to ghost out but still got you!:dunce:

No probs suts. I was way off the pace anyway. Had fun throwing it around for the last few laps

THE FINAL RACE

It's already come to that time, the first World Wagon Championship season is almost over....it's been much more successful than I originally hoped for....anyways here's a post with info about this week's oval race.

Special Rules for Motegi Super Speedway
-Upon exiting the pits, you must stay below the line/on the apron until the white line that crosses the track on the backstretch. In true NASCAR tradition, there will be no rules in regards to pit entry. Just don't cut from the outside right over to the inside if there's anyone anywhere near you. But that's just logic
-The race will start with a NASCAR-style double file rolling start (aka everyone bumper to bumper, much closer than the default GT6 rolling start). I will set the room to 67 laps, so there will be 2 pace laps to get the order sorted out. Pace lap speed will be 70 mph. Odd numbered positions will start on the inside, even on the outside, with exception of the pole sitter who can choose which line he wants to start in. 2nd place will therefore be forced to take the opposite line.
-The green flag will wave when the pole sitter reaches the end of the pit wall on the front straight at the end of the 2nd pace lap. Everyone will then begin racing, but you cannot pass before you get to the start/finish line.

Provisional Starting Lineup
The starting order will be organized in reverse order of the points standings. It will be listed here. Let me know if you can't make it otherwise I'll assume you'll be there. It would be nice to see everyone who's made a start over the past few months return for this race and make it a full-ish field (@LexLathor @Mayhexx @Zolon32 @gkgamer @Venari ). If anyone knows anyone who enjoys oval racing make sure to invite them. I'll start the list with the 9 "regular" drivers.

1. JockeP22
2. IfAndOr
3. buybon355
4. sutsagrd
5. jam_my21
6. iamtooma
7. PureGT_GOOFY
8. bloodyboyblue
9. joe__kerr

Last edited:
Other ideas I had (listed from best to worst) that people can offer their opinions on....

We COULD all run the same car in this race if everyone wanted to (rather than some people having saved the fastest cars for this race) to make it a bit closer. There's still another Legacy that I didn't include on the list since it's basically a duplicate of the Spec B.....we could even all run it stock to make this a true wild-card race.

Heavy damage could be a possibility, but only if there's no lag whatsoever. Light damage will probably be more fun though.

If we stuck to the normal car rules, we could also give everyone not using an impreza a head start, of some arbitrary amount. Either half a lap or a lap...?

Other ideas I had (listed from best to worst) that people can offer their opinions on....

We COULD all run the same car in this race if everyone wanted to (rather than some people having saved the fastest cars for this race) to make it a bit closer. There's still another Legacy that I didn't include on the list since it's basically a duplicate of the Spec B.....we could even all run it stock to make this a true wild-card race.

Heavy damage could be a possibility, but only if there's no lag whatsoever. Light damage will probably be more fun though.

If we stuck to the normal car rules, we could also give everyone not using an impreza a head start, of some arbitrary amount. Either half a lap or a lap...?

I had 'the same car' idea as well as 'the head start' one. I think we should all run in the same car, not stock though, with a reverse championship order grid.

Back