World War 3

I'm guessing that Russia, China and Iran are preparing for WWIII at this moment in time. Not to mention North Korea.

Context usually helps, unless it's one of those intrinsic feelings you occasionally have.
Sometimes I forget that a lot of folks are busy working or going to school, and not retired and a news junkie like me. In case you haven't noticed, global tensions are rising markedly right now.

Sometimes I forget that a lot of folks are busy working or going to school, and not retired and a news junkie like me. In case you haven't noticed, global tensions are rising markedly right now.
Given the increase in US activity around the South China Sea over the last decade would it be a surprise if several nations were on high alert?

Given the increase in US activity around the South China Sea over the last decade would it be a surprise if several nations were on high alert?

Yes considering it's be an on going thing for a decade and nothing has come of it still, even longer than a decade.

No, they're building islands so that they can claim the South China Sea as their territorial waters and reap the economic benefits that come with it. They're building military bases so that those islands are populated, strengthening the claim.
Source, please?

Source, please?

Exactly what @TenEightyOne said it's a well known fact and I'm surprised when people (shouldn't be) don't know this. If you care anything about international politics, this is quite up there, along with Eastern European relations with Russia, the conflicts in West Asia, the tension between Pakistan and India and so on...

South China Sea disputes that have been around for decades in a post world war two global community are very real, and provoked by China. With China being backed by many smaller nations, and using their (China's) influence over said nations to try and even disrupt those nation's economic sovereignty in the area. For example like Indonesia

Exactly what @TenEightyOne said it's a well known fact and I'm surprised when people (shouldn't be) don't know this. If you care anything about international politics, this is quite up there, along with Eastern European relations with Russia, the conflicts in West Asia, the tension between Pakistan and India and so on...

South China Sea disputes that have been around for decades in a post world war two global community are very real, and provoked by China. With China being backed by many smaller nations, and using their (China's) influence over said nations to try and even disrupt those nation's economic sovereignty in the area. For example like Indonesia
Alright. I just didn't know it was hotly contested.

And because of the incident with the GTP Awards, I don't trust anything prisonermonkey says.

Alright. I just didn't know it was hotly contested.

And because of the incident with the GTP Awards, I don't trust anything prisonermonkey says.

Okay...

Safest thing to do is just do a quick google search of what he is saying when it comes to this stuff. If nothing pops up then call him on it. Still it'd would be good to read up on the region if you're actually interested in international politics that effect many global players.

No, they're building islands so that they can claim the South China Sea as their territorial waters and reap the economic benefits that come with it. They're building military bases so that those islands are populated, strengthening the claim.
I meant that, just keeping it simple.

I really hate how China just simply ignores the UN ruling. And our president isn't exactly helping with the situation. Only God knows what's going on in his mind.

If they ever bring back the draft I'm going to refuse to fight for America's war.

If you're American and they bring back the draft just do this.

Avoiding the draft may be as simple as not stepping forward. When you receive a draft notice report to where you are told and when prompted to take one step forward if you are there to join the military, do not. By asking you to step forward and take an oath, the military is fooling you into volunteering to join the military against your will. The 13th amendment prevents involuntary servitude. Just hold your ground no matter what the officers on hand say or do to you. Be prepared to be assaulted verbally and possibly physically. You will also probably be arrested on some charge or another and is usually not upheld by the court since the amendment was originally created to stop slavery.

Last edited:
Impose much heavier sanctions, perhaps? Anything. UN's pretty useless right now.

Impose heavier sanctions on what...

China doesn't even follow what the UN says unless it benefits them, or they want to make it look like they're in support of something to help make personal political gains for China in the region.

Impose heavier sanctions on what...

I dunno, whatever they can.

China doesn't even follow what the UN says unless it benefits them, or they want to make it look like they're in support of something to help make personal political gains for China in the region.

So much for being a permanent member of the UN Security Council. What a joke.

I dunno, whatever they can.

Doesn't quite work that way, one many would have to agree, that what China is doing is worthy of sanction, and with their status in the global economy that's not going to happen all that easily. Two, even if it did, it's probably not going to hurt China all that much. Look at the nation with the strictest sanctions ever, and it's still funneling in money for it's nuclear program and missile development... (I'm talking about North Korea)

So much for being a permanent member of the UN Security Council. What a joke.

What do you mean, they've been doing this for a long time now...

Couldn't China just veto any sanctions against it due to its status as a Security Council member anyway? Or is it something they can't have say in?

Couldn't China just veto any sanctions against it due to its status as a Security Council member anyway?
Yes, they can. They've mostly done it to position themselves as being on the North's side, offering a carrot while the rest of the world brandishes a stick. But they're not obligated to vote for or against a resolution - they can abstain from voting, allowing it to pass without actually putting their name to it. They don't do it often, but when they do, it's seen as a pretty overt sign that they're not impressed with Pyongyang.

I'm gonna bet WW3 won't happen not for another 50-60 years or if we are starting to run low on resources and climate change might start to take effect. Isis will be long gone at this point and it will only take one mad man in charge to start a war.

We already have several of those in place, which makes me think it will be much sooner than 50-60 years. Especially because by 2067 we will surely be under control of our robot overlords.

I just hope we don't have a war until I die so in 70 years please :)

Leave it to Trump to start WWIII. I hope if America does start the draft again that it's soon because I'm over 35 now and have a toddler and a newborn, so my family won't die for no reason. #makeamericafightawaragain

Jerome

Back