Worldwide Trafficking / Missing Child numbers? Each year?

Anyone got any numbers?
100,000s of missing if googled?
I have heard reports over the years about the numbers of missing persons in general, not just children. I do not know if this is real, fake news, a hoax or conspiracy theory, because I choose not to look too deeply into it. It may be a rabbit hole.

Anyone got any numbers?
100,000s of missing if googled?

How would you even count that? Beware of people who have a financial interest in convincing you that there's some nefarious underworld scheme going on.

I don't like the subject of missing persons for a variety of reasons.

Is the FBI a reliable source of statistics that you could and should instantly believe? I don't entirely think so.

FBI Releases 2019 Missing Person Statistics
The FBI’s National Crime Information Center (NCIC) recently released its 2019 Missing Person and Unidentified Person statistics. As of December 31, 2019, the NCIC had nearly 87,500 active missing person records. Youth under the age of 18 account for 35 percent of the records, and 44 percent of the missing person records are people under 21.

Missing person records are retained indefinitely—unless a missing individual is located or the reporting agency cancels the entry. During 2019, law enforcement agencies across the country entered more than 609,000 missing person records. During the same time period, reporting agencies canceled more than 607,000 records.
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/cjis-link/fbi-releases-2019-missing-person-statistics

Last edited:
Is the FBI a reliable source of statistics that you could and should instantly believe? I don't entirely think so.
Are US Navy, the NY Times, Pentagon, the US Navy, DIA etc.? I suppose it depends on how desperately you want to believe what they're saying.

I think it's clear to those who give any thought to the figures that it's a record of people reported missing. It's not necessarily updated when said people are found, and imo that's more to do with the difficulty of maintaining live statistics than any particular failing of the FBI if compared to any other large bureaucracy.

To complicate things further 'missing' is a sometimes a subjective perception. I might cash out and head for the hills, never contact anyone from my old life again. They could report me missing, I intend to stay that way (to them). Am I missing if I don't miss myself?

You know who doesn't like the FBI statistics? Folks who latched on to the #SaveTheChildren movement last year spouting absurd things that made it seem 4 out of 5 children are snatched right off the street in front of the school with their parents watching 1 foot away. (Although, that may actually be true; I've read a huge number of child abductions are from their own relatives/people they know.)

At least, that was my experience with a former co-worker who didn't like the fact that her over-shared post detailing Missing Persons statistics claimed more children go missing than the FBI reports all individuals as a whole was baloney. Also didn't like hearing that a lot of these people are found b/c they're just kids/adults who want to run away and a lot eventually come back once they've had time alone. Although, I guess the straw that pissed off the camel was indicating she was following a fad and would forget all about this a year later like she had other things. Last I heard, she got into Q so I was probably wrong on that.

Last edited:
Back