Worst car in gt1

• Thread starter gordon gt
  • 185 comments
YES. The Lantis sucks, that's exactly what I remember. Like understeer heaven...even the info page at the Mazda dealer says the car basically sucks! :lol: Oddly, I don't think the Lantis/323 was as bad in GT2.

I would have to vote for the Mazda Demio LX G Package! After several thousand credits are spent, this sloth isn't barely making 200 hp! Of course as we all know in later GT games there are other cars that are slower (much slower) than the G package. :ill:

Last edited:
Manufacturer: Mitsubishi
Model Name: Galant VR-G Touring
Drive Train: FF
Stk HP: 142
Stk Wt: 2733
Stk PWR: .052
Max HP: 168
Tuned Wt: 2131
Tuned PWR: .079
Race Wt: 1829
Race PWR: .092

Old thread, but I LOVED the Lantis! I still do in GT4. I'd even own the car in real life.

SportWagon really laid down the gauntlet though. I bought that POS Galant to go all out on it, only to find that you can't do hardly any mods to it.

Weird coming from a guy who likes Subarus.....well the worst for me would be the Aston Martin DB7.Don't know why but it was horrible to drive.Constant oversteer and lack of grip.

mnm_bmx
Weird coming from a guy who likes Subarus.....well the worst for me would be the Aston Martin DB7.Don't know why but it was horrible to drive.Constant oversteer and lack of grip.
And the car shifts to third gear before you even hit 50MPH! Let's not forget the weight of it too.

Old thread, but I LOVED the Lantis! I still do in GT4. I'd even own the car in real life.

SportWagon really laid down the gauntlet though. I bought that POS Galant to go all out on it, only to find that you can't do hardly any mods to it.

Oddly, the front-drive Galant in GT2 also can't accept hardly any extra power but the VR4 version can.

For one reason or the other, I took a strong dislike for the Mitsubishi Mirage.

It could have been the oversteer, the 172 hp in a relatively heavy car...

''the little 5-door lemon that could but is'nt bovered to get of it's fat under steering backside''!

Why hello. :) Ever drove a Lantis before? I remember in GT1 I drove one briefly and I was like "damn this car sucks!!" Even the dealer spec sheet warns about the Lantis and its relentless understeer and basically says in so many words "this car really sucks".

Last edited:
I have never driven it, but I have guessed that it is crap by what people have said. I would go drive it now, but a few days ago my GT1 disc snapped, so now I need to get a new disc! :ouch:

I have never driven it, but I have guessed that it is crap by what people have said. I would go drive it now, but a few days ago my GT1 disc snapped, so now I need to get a new disc! :ouch:

Yeah that kinda puts a damper on things...:banghead: I wish i had a lot of money sitting around...I'd go online and buy everyone who needs a disc something off eBay.

Last edited:
The Lantis is not a van. Perhaps we should say "the little 5-door lemon that could".

Bingo. But, it was charming in its own way nonetheless... I actually felt kind of sad to see it outclassed by bigger cars (in the SSR11 All Night and GT-1 World Cup) and theoretically it should make an ideal race car (326hp/1730lbs?). However, it is, but the competition is that much better.

It does make for an interesting A.I. car, wagons aside.

Bingo. But, it was charming in its own way nonetheless... I actually felt kind of sad to see it outclassed by bigger cars (in the SSR11 All Night and GT-1 World Cup) and theoretically it should make an ideal race car (326hp/1730lbs?). However, it is, but the competition is that much better.

It does make for an interesting A.I. car, wagons aside.
Enter a race on the Deepforest raceway, and make sure you are racing against an [R]Mazda 323 Lantis. Then, after the race, watch the replay of the A.I [R]Mazda 323 Lantis driving around the circuit. Just watch the way it drives...

Enter a race on the Deepforest raceway, and make sure you are racing against an [R]Mazda 323 Lantis. Then, after the race, watch the replay of the A.I [R]Mazda 323 Lantis driving around the circuit. Just watch the way it drives...

:lol:

Why? Is it mediocre? I saw it in the GT1 Cup, and it seemed to just be underpowered.

Maybe once you drive it you'll see. I mean, it's been a few years since I did GT1 but I remember the Lantis in particular just understeered like a mule plow. It was shockingly bad..and of course in GT2 they cleaned it up so it handles a bit nicer. :crazy:

Last edited:
Right here is what happens. It drives off the start line really slowly, then it crawls around the circuit clumsly for the whole bloody race. It alway lends up getting 2 wheels on the grass, it sometimes it drives against the walls, it's just crazy. I would post the video I have on my camera, but I still cant find the flippin lead...

(sarcastic) Oh! Thanks for giving away the end!

Actually, you were right the first time. I saw it flounder around. Could it be better modified? Or was that just because SSR11 was a true closed-circuit?

Back