Worst car in GT2

• Thread starter Mcloud1
  • 133 comments
What do you think is teh worst car in GT2?

I think it has to be either the Dodge Viper (You will spin out in every turn, guranteed), or the Dodge Avenger (Slow acceleration and the crappiest gearbox I have seen in a while. Is a dissappointment to all of the DSMS) or the Lister Storm race car (Worst. gearbox. ever)

What do you way?

What do you think is teh worst car in GT2?

I think it has to be either the Dodge Viper (You will spin out in every turn, guranteed), or the Dodge Avenger (Slow acceleration and the crappiest gearbox I have seen in a while. Is a dissappointment to all of the DSMS) or the Lister Storm race car (Worst. gearbox. ever)

What do you way?

Viper? Screw you!

Avenger? Yeah its not too great...

Storm? Eh, never drove it.

I think Espace F1 or TVR Speed12, or BMW 8 series.

Dude, teh Viper handles like crap. it is next to impossible to take a corner without spinning out.

That's only true if you have poor throttle control, don't know when & how much brakes to give, and aren't that good with countersteering yet. "Teh" Viper is not an easy car to drive--agreed--but it's been a while since I've had a spin of any kind in my Viper (excluding failed drifting attempts). :confused: I've won far more races in Vipers of all types than I've lost. You get the point.

The Avenger? I raced it a few times...I have to agree I wasn't too impressed with it for some reason. I preferred the Intrepid. Haven't driven the Lister Storm.

Which car do I think is the worst? The Renault Clio 16v. You can't upgrade it past 128 hp. No turbo or na tunes. It just sucks. You can't win any races past Sunday Cup at Tahiti. Even the Toyota Prius has a novelty factor that makes it a fancy over the poor Clio :(

Last edited:
Speed 12. same reason as in GT4.

I agree with Parnelli Bone about the viper. once you get the Throttle control right, its awesome. BTW which one, the STP Taisan Viper or the Team Oreca Viper?

I agree with Parnelli Bone about the viper. once you get the Throttle control right, its awesome. BTW which one, the STP Taisan Viper or the Team Oreca Viper?

I've driven all of them. The Oreca has the best pound to power ratio but I prefer buying a regular GTS from the dealer and putting a race kit on. :sly: That's my favorite...just a regular GTS with a body kit.

Last edited:

The normal Viper. The racing Vipers handle quite well.

How can a viper, Any Viper! Be worst than a Dihatsu midget, 500r, Honda beat, Demio, etc.....................................? There's atleast 150 cars in GT2 which can't compete with the aledged "Worst Cars".

Funny, I got understeer problem with normal viper, I guess everyone has different driving style.
I think you can reduce spin with TCS.

I agree with Parnelli Bone If you know how to drive the Vipers they'll kick ass. On the super License Laguna seca test you have to use the Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca I got the gold on that one all ya got to do to handle these monsters is to just use proper throttle control and breaking. And tuning settings:tup:

On the super License Laguna seca test you have to use the Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca I got the gold on that one
so did I. its because of that test, thats how I learned to drive the Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca(and Learned how to get around Laguna Seca). even in GT3 and GT4, I used the viper to learn to get around Laguna Seca and it worked perfect.

all ya got to do to handle these monsters is to just use proper throttle control and breaking.
yep. its a fun ride afterward. a little changed from GT3, but still an awesome handling car
And tuning settings:tup:
hmmm, its just fine without the tuning settings, but thats just me.

What reason would that be, it's the fastest FR car in GT2. In GT4 it's phenominally quick too, you can get sub 7 min ring times with one stock, on road tyre's. Bottom line with the Speed 12, if you can't drive it your simply not good enough. And that's not the cars fault :sly:.

What reason would that be,
its a fast car, but it corners badly. the back always wants to go around whenever you accelerate out of the corner. I have driven cars like this, but this is the most difficult car that does it and counter-steering seems impossible as at almost every attempt I've spun doing it.
Bottom line with the Speed 12, if you can't drive it your simply not good enough. And that's not the cars fault :sly:.

is that a challenge?:sly:

Just a wee sly remark ;). I've found that the Speed 12 simply needs to be driven like nothing else in the game, I've practiced and practiced and practiced with it, and in GT4 I can leather it round the ring with no traction control and road tyre's and no spin. It doesn't have a superb cornering radius but tbh, not many supercars really do. What you have to remember and I think this is where your messing up, is that with over 800bhp on tap, stock, the accelerator can take on the characteristics of a T-bar plunger. Not enough throttle and your not going fast enough, then a little bit more and boom you've lit the rears up, getting the balance is hard but highly rewarding when you learn the cars technique. Another thing is, alot of people forget that in the Speed 12, your often approaching familiar corners faster than your used to in other raod cars, you're familiar with the corner so you brake when your used to breaking in a supercar and suddenly your off the track or you hit the wall, you need to take the extra speed into consideration when slowing down before a corner. If you practice enough with the car then you'll be beating plenty of other similarly powered cars. In GT4 the car is actually less powerful, and heavier than the real car is, the cerbera Speed 12 in real life has 880bhp, and weighs 975kgs. But even still, sub 7 min laps at the Ring is not something to be scoffed at. That's faster than every production supercar in GT4. A couple of the non-production and fantasy ones can come close or beat it, like the Tommy Kaira ZZII which is also a phenominal car in the game but is not a production road car, it's a concept car that never made production. And the Honda NSX-R LM road car, which doesn't exist irl.

What reason would that be, it's the fastest FR car in GT2. In GT4 it's phenominally quick too, you can get sub 7 min ring times with one stock, on road tyre's. Bottom line with the Speed 12, if you can't drive it your simply not good enough. And that's not the cars fault :sly:
Now I don't know about that. I'm rather partial to the Cerbera LM, S2000 GT1 and Viper GTS/R Team Oreca.

I hate all of the spoons and nismos because you can't tune them up. That's also the reason that I don't like most special cars, too.

And by the way, I love the Speed 12. :D

HKS Drag Cars hace the worst handling ever made

my style driving the Speed 12 is when i turn n a corner i put 3rd or 4th gear when i'm out quickly put 2nd gear and go go go go

At the risk of sounding like I missed the point: Have any of you tried using the settings to dial out the nasty tendencies of some of the cars listed?

The Viper can be made to handle fairly well. However, the early Viper, as in GT2 isn't the best handling supercar on the road. It has tendencies that make an early Porsche 911 look quite tame.:ill:
It's gotten better over the years, and in successive games. It is rather dependent on well modulated throttle inputs, as has been stated.
The 2.0 FF Clio does suck, but pretty much all FF cars were horrible to semi-horrible in GT2. There are exceptions to that of course, but not too many.
AS well, much tweaking will be required.

Gil
The 2.0 FF Clio does suck, but pretty much all FF cars were horrible to semi-horrible in GT2. There are exceptions to that of course, but not too many.
I have to disagree with that. I can rattle off a good list of cars that I found to be quite competitive, despite being FF.

Now I don't know about that. I'm rather partial to the Cerbera LM, S2000 GT1 and Viper GTS/R Team Oreca.
And all of thoes are fantastic cars, but there was an old GT lap times database site called race line or something like that. Anyway it had a massive database of lap records split into categories by drive type, the Speed 12 was regularly holding the top spots for the FR cars. On Mid Field raceway it was faster than the Toyota GT-One if my memory serves me well. I know I could get times in the sub 1 min range on that track and I'm by no means a master at GT games. That said in GT2 the Cerbera LM was a much better all round car, it was more usable, but on any tracks where the 12 could stretch it's legs it was outclassed. In fact I do recall one of the few tracks the 12 wasn't the fasted at, it was the Cerbera LM that held the spot (Rome short I think).

That said in GT2 the Cerbera LM was a much better all round car, it was more usable, but on any tracks where the 12 could stretch it's legs it was outclassed.
That was what I was referring to. I feel there were more times in the game that the Cerbera LM excelled than the Speed 12 did, though on paper and a not-insignificant number of tracks the Speed 12 was considerably faster, I do agree.

I have to disagree with that. I can rattle off a good list of cars that I found to be quite competitive, despite being FF.
You are, of course, quite correct.
But in the grand scheme of things, how many FF cars are there in GT2 compared to all other drive types? There are a lot of cars in GT2, and the vast majority are 4WD, MR, and FR. If there were more FF cars, and opportunities to drive them, most of us would not lament the Pro Vitz cup in GT3.:lol:
Further, how many races specify FF only? I believe that total is three. Then, there are a couple of manufacturer's cups. We got short-changed in GT2 as far as FF cars. There are a couple that are simply excellent. (The Integras and the FF rally Citroen come to mind) But the majority cause the "bitter beer face" when driven.:lol: You know it's true.
I agree that some of the few cars available are quite good. But, drive the Acura/Honda Integra in GT2. Then drive it in GT3. Be amazed at the improvement in the car. It's quite good in GT2, but it's so much better in GT3. And better still in GT4. Most of the FF cars in GT2 require great dumpage of credits to get the handling to match the achievable power.
Also, in GT2, if you can modify any car so that it's at the outer limit of allowed HP you will almost always win.
I loved the concept, but in practice, running a car with 295 HP in a 295 HP limit race (regardless of drivetrain) will regularly net you a win in all but one race.

Gil
You are, of course, quite correct.
But in the grand scheme of things, how many FF cars are there in GT2 compared to all other drive types? There are a lot of cars in GT2, and the vast majority are 4WD, MR, and FR. If there were more FF cars, and opportunities to drive them, most of us would not lament the Pro Vitz cup in GT3.:lol:

Okay. I understand what your saying.
Gil
Further, how many races specify FF only? I believe that total is three. Then, there are a couple of manufacturer's cups. We got short-changed in GT2 as far as FF cars. There are a couple that are simply excellent. (The Integras and the FF rally Citroen come to mind) But the majority cause the "bitter beer face" when driven.:lol: You know it's true.
Nonsense. I highly enjoy quite a few FF cars in GT2. For example, there is the Honda Civic Sedan '93, Honda CRX, Alfa Romeo 156 2.0, Alfa Romeo 156 2.5...
Gil
I agree that some of the few cars available are quite good. But, drive the Acura/Honda Integra in GT2. Then drive it in GT3. Be amazed at the improvement in the car. It's quite good in GT2, but it's so much better in GT3. And better still in GT4.
Well...I dunno. But it is better in GT3, I will agree. But that doesn't mean GT2 is horrible.
Gil
Most of the FF cars in GT2 require great dumpage of credits to get the handling to match the achievable power.
Change "most" to "many" and I agree.
Gil
Also, in GT2, if you can modify any car so that it's at the outer limit of allowed HP you will almost always win.
I loved the concept, but in practice, running a car with 295 HP in a 295 HP limit race (regardless of drivetrain) will regularly net you a win in all but one race.
Aha, but in GT3 and 4 you can do the same thing, but you don't even have to worry about a BHP limit at all. And GT4 doesn't even have the rubberband A.I. to try to balance it, instead just being normal braindead A.I. that can't physically drive anything FF.

How can a viper, Any Viper! Be worst than a Dihatsu midget, 500r, Honda beat, Demio, etc.....................................? There's atleast 150 cars in GT2 which can't compete with the aledged "Worst Cars".

Daihatsu Midget= awsome
500R= awsome
Beat= awsome
Demio= not bad

you= not awsome.

By far the worst cars in GT2 are most of the old Muscle Cars, because they were inaccuratly programed in the game only their specs when tuned I mean. PD totaly purposly underated the old american cars such as the Plymoth GTX, Ford Mercury XR7, and others exept the corvettes. Its bull **** you get a little Inline 4 240SX with 200+ hp stock and can tune it to twice as much power. But with the old Muscle cars like a GTX with 380 hp stock you can in real life can tune it way higher than only 505 HP more like 600+ it just kinda annoys me:grumpy: , but at least PD grew up over time:tup: . Though what I said does not completely apply to all old american muscle cars they did a good job with the old Corvettes I got the 1969 Corvette 427 all the way tuned to have a 228 MPH top speed:sly:

Back