Premium
United States
Mile High City
Best:
Texas Longhorns
Michigan Wolverines

Worst (by far, with 100% of the vote):
USC

MY GOD DOES THEIR BAND SUCK!!! Over and over and over, the same three notes. When watching USC games it makes me want to shoot myself. Seriously, I think that's a major part of the reason they do well on the field. The opposing team just can't handle how bad their music is.

Edit: I see we already have a thread quite similar to this one. That one focused on the positive, this one will be negative.

My school's fight song is pretty lame, but we aren't allowed to have a foot ball team. However our basketball team kicks ass! I go to Oakland University.

But I think the U of M song is definatly the best followed by Norte Dame.

You know, Blazin, I'm kind of interested in how you brought up Oakland. The first Oakland I thought of was, of course, Oakland, CA. But it wasn't until I picked up "NCAA March Madness 2005," and learned that the Oakland in question was the Oakland of Rochester, MI. Oakland University is part of the Horizon League in college hoops, and are known as the "Golden Grizzlies." It was a team that had the worst record, but still made it to the Big Dance against Alabama A&M of the SWAC (Southwestern Athletic Conference).

Some of the ones I didn't like were East Carolina and Texas Southern's fight songs. I can recommend http://www.fightmusic.com to those who want to hear some fight songs for themselves, but for colleges and universities who don't have football teams, you may have to look elsewhere. Teams without football programs and with a fight song I can remember include: Providence, North Carolina-Charlotte, and Xavier.

But in this context, we're talking college football's worst fight songs. And I gave you my picks- East Carolina and Texas Southern. I also don't like Troy's fight song, Temple's fight song, and I slightly dislike Texas Tech's fight song. Carry on, please.

You know, Blazin, I'm kind of interested in how you brought up Oakland. The first Oakland I thought of was, of course, Oakland, CA. But it wasn't until I picked up "NCAA March Madness 2005," and learned that the Oakland in question was the Oakland of Rochester, MI. Oakland University is part of the Horizon League in college hoops, and are known as the "Golden Grizzlies." It was a team that had the worst record, but still made it to the Big Dance against Alabama A&M of the SWAC (Southwestern Athletic Conference).

I got season tickets to all of their games this year, I'm stoked. But they are good, and I can't wait to go to the games, but like I said our fight song BLOWS. I'll have to find it somewhere.

Back