Would you prefer Gran Turismo 7 or an updated GT Sport for PS5?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 328 comments

GT7 or GT Sport?

• Total voters
I want dynamic weather / tod and larger grids, so that demands the next game to be running on a more powerful machine.

PS5 could also be used to make the career mode more dynamic and challenging by allowing more complex AI without compromising on the performance - hopefully 60fps 4K.

UNPOPULAR ME MODE ON

At the beginning of the PS5 era an update GTSPORT and after 1 or 2 years (time to avoid a GT5 remake edition for PS5) a new and improved GranTurismo ...
.. crossing my fingers ..

UNPOPULAR ME MODE OFF

IR

Last edited:
I want dynamic weather / tod and larger grids, so that demands the next game to be running on a more powerful machine.

PS5 could also be used to make the career mode more dynamic and challenging by allowing more complex AI without compromising on the performance - hopefully 60fps 4K.
Much improved career mode atleast ala GT4 is good, for me.

GTSport as for now is good, but in my perspective it can be much better. GTSport update is great for catering existing GTSport players. But im okay if the changes is so huge it can't be implemented in the GTSport update and needs new base engine to support the features, thus GT7.

All new GT7 release is also good for catering to customers who turned off by GTSport initial premise and state. So there's that.

If PD considers that only 5% of all accounts did more than 20 races in Sport mode, and logically even much less then this amount are playing still sportmode, then it should be clear that the next game must come up with a far more developed offline mode then the silly and unmotivating GT League.

Just keep updating GT Sport please. I don't want to start over. Give us dynamic lighting and weather and I'm all good.

Dynamic time of day change and dynamic weather is impossible for GTSport considering it has to run on base PS4 and they don't want to compromise framerate with the current graphics. Best bet to get dynamic time and weather is for GT7 only on PS5 hardware.

GTSport is showing its age, even with some new cars and track coming every month. I'd like GT7 built specifically for PS5, ray-traced reflections, shadows, lighting, dynamic time and weather, and have all of the legacy GT original tracks made for ps5 from the ground up. Kaz already said the next GT will be a combination of the past, present, and future, which hints GT7 will have traditional GT tracks and modes, with Sport's online features, and a much better VR integration thanks to the PS5 hardware power.

Last edited:
+ Better AI & multi-class racing.

The massive jump in CPU power with the PS5 is literally going to allow for much better AI with machine learning. PS4 is outdated, PD have pushed the most it can do in gameplay features with the current graphics and AI. All we're going to get for more GTSport updates is more tracks/cars, and maybe some physics adjustments.

For a launch title on the PS5, I think a GT Sport updated with Ray tracing and better textures would be nice, that’s also cross-play enabled with the PS4 version so that the FIA championships can continue into 2021 uninterrupted. Then maybe launch a GT7 in late 2021 or 2022.

Only GT Sport 2.0 is not enough. There is so much potential, so I think they will produce GT7 for the PS5.
The background is clear, because new consol means much people will buy a new one and a new game exclusive for the new console will be a good strategy.

For me, I don't need a GT7. Add some things, develop the game further and I won't be bored.

I stopped playing GT games as they were largely the same game over and over again. Buy a cheap car, race against braindead AI winning races, upgrading and buying faster cars. Rinse and repeat. I know there was more to it with challenges and seasonal events but that was the overall crux of it. I came back to the series because of GT Sport and absolutely love it. I get that there is a number of GT fans that want a decent single player experience, and I understand that. However it's not where my interest is with racing.

The ideal scenario is a blend of both worlds, but will be interesting to see what comes next. With the increase in popularity of the World Tour Events I can't seem them abandoning the esports element.

What would GT7 have that GTS doesn't? GTS already has far more single player content than I have the desire to actually complete, would GT7 just have even more of it? I had the first GT, and after that, I think GT3, GT5 Prologue, and GT5, but I never played any of them as much as I've played GTS. I remember upgrading cars in the first GT, but it was pretty dull, really, the amount of time it took to earn the money to buy and upgrade cars. I'd much rather just have the tools provided and be able to get on with using them.

What would GT7 have that GTS doesn't? GTS already has far more single player content than I have the desire to actually complete, would GT7 just have even more of it? I had the first GT, and after that, I think GT3, GT5 Prologue, and GT5, but I never played any of them as much as I've played GTS. I remember upgrading cars in the first GT, but it was pretty dull, really, the amount of time it took to earn the money to buy and upgrade cars. I'd much rather just have the tools provided and be able to get on with using them.

We could start by features from previous GT iterations:

1) Dynamic weather and time of day
2) Course Maker
3) B Spec
4) 24h endurance
5) Race car modifications
6) shuffle online races
7) and more

Also, not only could GT7 bring back those features, etc, but improve the ones we have in GTSport, namely Sport Mode point system, penalty system, tire model, etc.

And then there's an extensive list of features and content that would make it even better:

- 24+ grids
- Mixed category races
- Free roam (bit of wishfulthinking but who knows)
- complete VR support, on and offline
- etc, etc

GTsport is an amazing game and probably one of the ones I've played the most. But it's far from being perfect or "complete" by GranTurismo's own standards.

Last edited:

What you described as being dull and boring are the very aspect that I personally enjoy....

I want more single player mode, RPG style.

GTS is seriously lacking...
I know that single player mode was not the intent or focus of GTS, but the GT series started with that mode since the first GT, and therefore should never stray away or omit that aspect.

I am a lone wolf type of gaming player...
I want to be able to play in my little corner with all the cars I collect....

I am not preventing anyone from enjoying eSport, so please don't prevent or take away the car RPG style I enjoy since GT2...

I am not preventing anyone from enjoying eSport, so please don't prevent or take away the car RPG style I enjoy since GT2...
I wouldn't dream of it, I was genuinely interested in what exactly people want that isn't in there, as it already seems to have so much solo gameplay. I just hope that if they do add more of that sort of thing that they don't make it a pre-requisite for competing on a level playing field online, i.e. it shouldn't be necessary to do that to have access to cars in whatever form is required to be at no disadvantage.

I'd prefer an updated GT Sport and a highly doubt they will move backwards and continue it as Gran Turismo 7. Is there even a market for a solo racing game these days?

It's very clear to me now that they're treating GT Sport as a live product and will likely do a bigger update, like GT Sport Spec 3, for PS5. Focus is probably on the esports potential of GT.

What is not clear is what's their business model moving forward. Maybe a subscription service, which I'm not very keen of, or maybe they will just release a Spec 3 as a new product and become a bit more aggressive with paid content...

Just decent options to time trial against friends and leaderboards worldwide and challenges too like Drivecub ( which I still think is an astounding game) and I’d be happy with that in any future GT game

Ideally we should have both kind of games, but I voted on GT7 because while I appreciate PD switch to a smaller but much more detailed car line-up with proper engine sounds, I still want to have the tuning options like spoilers, difusers, racing modifications and the likes, I miss the car wash, oil changes and I also miss GT Auto.

Sliders for power and weight are cool and more functional, but I also miss the immersion of upgrading my cars through turbo stages, NA stages, Weight reduction stages and muffler kits, all was part of the fun for me.

I care not about the beautiful photorealistic graphics if that means I can't have dynamic time and weather.

Neither do I care about E-sports: I'm not a alien, I'll never get past the SR S/DR B rank because that's my limit, whenever I reach DR A I immediately lose the race and rank down...I am a casual player at best, so a RPG styled career mode with cars like the old GTs is what I like the most in the series, with the occasional lobby races to goof off, of course.

I also want supercars to handle as they should, with proper downforce values, along with the throttle input to be linear again, to hell with this balancing nonsense between car classes and wheel X DS4 users that brought us these solutions that doesn't satisfy anyone.

Back