Wouldnt it be awesome if...

Mr_Bungle83
HaHaHa as if JESUS no WAY
Like in a FPS game i.e. Battlefield, all stats were stored on a server, crashes, bumps, position's miles driven, and lap times, this could give some sort of online levelling system, where you could then set restrictions on who is allowed.

The idea is that you start with a high perhaps 3 out of 5 stars and you lose stars for poor performance notably crashing and bumping, it would be so nice to get rid of the idiots, I'm not against slow driving because I am pretty slow myself.

Recently I have found myself as host, sitting out of races to referee until I think there are enough like minded racers to race fairly.

One thing that really does my head in are the people who are convinced they are clean, but they can't wait patiently for a decent overtake. gung ho's, you know them, there ruining GT's best feature.

Do you mean so you could only let people with "X miles driven" join your room, or less than 100 bumps?

That seems kind of ridiculous, becuase leaving an X1 circuiting Indy overnight or something would increase your miles loads, and the bumps? The detection system for who is at fault so doubtless I'd have thousands of bumps/crashes caused because I race cleanly and there are a great many people who know if they just slam into you on the inside, I would get the penalty and they get around the corner without braking.

With a perfect hit detection system? Maybe.
As it is? Not a chance.

I think that clean players got some room to breathe when they added the "race for real" and "race for fun" system. It didn't solve the problem but it helped a lot and you come a long way by using the "strong" penalty setting. And don't forget that crashing doesn't make you an idiot unless you do it on purpose. It happens in real racing too. As a host you have the freedom to kick any player who does nothing but ruin the fun for others and that is enough. Let's not have a system which will create an elite because that's not very desirable for those who have been frozen out.

I agree some sort of levelling system would be handy but it would be difficult to create a fair and distinguished system because of how GT5 online works. In the next GT5 update, I'd like to see on people's profile their Start-Finish Success Rate % , Win % and Races Completed %. Just to give an indication people's experience more than anything.

They already have a leveling system, too bad its a horrible system. The best way to put people up against eaxh other, would be by lap times, done in races. I havent been online in a long time, but isn't there a penalty system??

I agree some sort of levelling system would be handy but it would be difficult to create a fair and distinguished system because of how GT5 online works. In the next GT5 update, I'd like to see on people's profile their Start-Finish Success Rate % , Win % and Races Completed %. Just to give an indication people's experience more than anything.

That will only make sense if the server has kept track of such things since day 1 (which I doubt).

Back