• 460 comments

Scaff

United Kingdom
He/Him
ScaffUK
The official launch trailer will land tomorrow (13th April) at 2pm UK time

WRC 10.jpg

The official info:

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the championship, WRC 10 is offering a brand-new Anniversary edition, packed with new content and sensations. Relive the most intense moments from 1973 to today! WRC 10 History Mode puts your driving talents to the test through 19 historical events that require you to adapt to racing conditions of each time period.

Never-before-seen content for WRC:
- The 4 new 2021 rallies: Estonia, Croatia, Belgium and Spain
- 6 historic rallies including Acropolis, San Remo, Germany and Argentina
- 120 special stages
- 52 official teams from the 2021 season (WRC, WRC2, WRC3, Junior WRC),
- 20 legendary cars from Alpine, Audi, Lancia, Subaru, Ford, Mitsubishi, Toyota, and more...

Career Mode, unanimously hailed as one of the best-developed and most complete in a racing game, has also been comprehensively upgraded and now includes a livery editor, so you can create your own team and add your colours to contemporary cars! With a hyper-realistic and ultra-precise physics engine, WRC 10 has made the feeling of driving even better, with better aerodynamic force, turbo and braking management, on all surfaces. The sound design has also been revamped to reinforce the immersion. A particularly competitive eSport, with daily and weekly challenges, and clubs so you can create your own competitions, drivers can measure themselves against the community at their own levels.

#WRC10 will be available on September 2, 2021 on PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and at a later date on Nintendo Switch.

I'm in!

Last edited:
Monte, Croatia, Spain, Belgium, Japan, Germany, San Remo....tarmac heaven. I'm sold on that alone. The tarmac stages in WRC9 are honestly the best driving experience I've had in sim racing.

Awesome, hope to get a PS5 by the time it launches otherwise I'll just get it on PS4. I should complete WRC 9 before then, as well.

Last edited:
The official info:

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the championship, WRC 10 is offering a brand-new Anniversary edition, packed with new content and sensations. Relive the most intense moments from 1973 to today! WRC 10 History Mode puts your driving talents to the test through 19 historical events that require you to adapt to racing conditions of each time period.

Never-before-seen content for WRC:
- The 4 new 2021 rallies: Estonia, Croatia, Belgium and Spain
- 6 historic rallies including Acropolis, San Remo, Germany and Argentina
- 120 special stages
- 52 official teams from the 2021 season (WRC, WRC2, WRC3, Junior WRC),
- 20 legendary cars from Alpine, Audi, Lancia, Subaru, Ford, Mitsubishi, Toyota, and more...

Career Mode, unanimously hailed as one of the best-developed and most complete in a racing game, has also been comprehensively upgraded and now includes a livery editor, so you can create your own team and add your colours to contemporary cars! With a hyper-realistic and ultra-precise physics engine, WRC 10 has made the feeling of driving even better, with better aerodynamic force, turbo and braking management, on all surfaces. The sound design has also been revamped to reinforce the immersion. A particularly competitive eSport, with daily and weekly challenges, and clubs so you can create your own competitions, drivers can measure themselves against the community at their own levels.

#WRC10 will be available on September 2, 2021 on PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and at a later date on Nintendo Switch.

I'm in!

Wow, what an incredible feature list. Classic rallies? Hell yeah! Wonder what the other 2 of those will be.

20 cars.... I get the feeling a lot more are going to be paid dlc.

20 is just the classic/bonus cars, the true number will likely be around 30 i believe including the WRC/WRC2/JWRC cars and 52 team variations of those. WRC9 had 15 classic/bonus cars, 2 of which were preorder specials later released as paid DLC I belive. So its like to be 20 total with 1 or 2 as preorder incentives.

Last edited:
Thankfully, we will not have exclusivity in the Epic Store, we will be able to buy via Steam, everything that is exclusive, I think, is harmful. The latest WRC 9 version, I haven't bought it yet. Certainly the WRC 10 will buy the full version !!!

Considering I tend to forget about the games I buy via Epic, I'm glad they are releasing this on Steam as well. Hopefully them losing the WRC license doesn't mean they've taken their foot off the gas, although going off the little info we've received it doesn't look like they have.:cheers:

What chance any Subaru cars are included in the historical section?

Or is there some veto stopping KT using the Subaru brand?

Subaru is confirmed.

The historic events include Acropolis Rally and Rallye Sanremo, which can be driven in the cars that have defined the WRC, from the Alpine Renault A110, through to the Audis and Lancias of the Group B era, the Subarus, Toyotas and Mitsubishis of the nineties, up to the current generation of cars from Hyundai, Toyota and Ford.

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2021/esports/wrc-10-video-game-celebrates-50-years-of-wrc/

Will this be for the current Gen for console, as I feel devs working to support last-gen is a bottleneck, heck even the current box I feel with the 2 versions one is holding the others true potential back.

Will this be for the current Gen for console, as I feel devs working to support last-gen is a bottleneck, heck even the current box I feel with the 2 versions one is holding the others true potential back.

Yeah it's for both new gen and last gen. I think the supply issues are putting a hold on new-gen exclusives for now. No point making games exclusively for a platform that people can't buy off the shelf yet.

I'm concerned about this from another perspective. Normally when there are 2 concurrent console generations, the old one doesn't get the same amount of effort put into it so ends up being a poor imitation of current gen. Not sure whether WRC10 will be an improvement over WRC9 on PS4.

@Tristan H With an estimated user base of 112 millions of PS4s I think you will not have to worry about that for the next couple years. I doubt developers will put less effort on the PS4 versions for the times coming - that wouldn't got well with a lot of people.

Last edited:
Stupid question since I don't know much about rallying, but will that Monza rally be included? I thought it was pretty cool.

Weird to say about a yearly championship game, but I don't think I've been more excited for a game since Dirt Rally 2. I really hope that they fix the clubs function, implement a true rally format and add cross-platform play, as this was the main thing missing from WRC 9. Shout out to all the WRC 9 Cross Platform Club admins though, great DIY effort. Will be hitting Kenya tonight!

Wow, this sounds like a real winner. 👍 Really glad I stuck it out skipping WRC 9 in spite of enjoying WRC 8 well enough. This is poised to deliver the sort of rally experience I've been missing this console generation since having my fun with SLRE.

Back