WRC 10 Announced, Coming September 2 on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 460 comments
Not what I was hoping for, but one Impreza is infinitely better than none of them, and equally better than a Subaru with wacky Codemasters handling physics. :yuck:

Definitley worse they could have picked. It's the first one I remember watching so good for nostalgia. I guess this list will be a hint as to what historic scenarios we could expect to get.

Will WRC 10 be as good as Dirt Rally 2?
As said above. They both have their qualities, if WRC10 building on 9 further with the additional content and an improved career mode then it will really veer towards being the number 1 rally game outright.

Anyone know what the "cross-gen unlock" means in the PS5 Deluxe Edition? I assume it applies to the leagues. Will this unlock be available eventually for the standard edition? It seems pretty dumb to lock cross-gen play to a deluxe version.

Speaking of leagues, they really need some improvement. Anyone have any info regarding that?

Screenshot from 2021-07-26 10-53-49.png

cross-gen <-> cross-play

Pretty sure you only get the PS4 and PS5 Version with the Deluxe while you only get PS5 or PS4 with the Standard for each console generation. Call of Duty does this. Crossgen-Versions are more expensive than the single platform version.

Last edited:
I tried the free demo…
The stages were cool, but the ffb and handling need a lot of work to get anywhere near dr2.
I’m doing the “wait and see”

cross-gen <-> cross-play

Pretty sure you only get the PS4 and PS5 Version with the Deluxe while you only get PS5 or PS4 with the Standard for each console generation. Call of Duty does this. Crossgen-Versions are more expensive than the single platform version.
Ah yes, now I get it. Thanks for pointing that out. It's just the right to download PS4 and PS5 versions. Nothing to do with cross play.

Pre-ordered today and my store told me the game won't release until September 7th meanwhile the worldwide release is September 2nd. What gives?

Seems like you have to pay for the deluxe ed. to get playable on ps4 and 5 at 106$cad.

I understand that ps5 games are pricier being 80 instead of 66 i think here, but why not give the option to get the base ps5, which here is at 79.99 , and let you play on ps4 version as well...

Last edited:
I am excited about this game, but to be honest I think I will wait for a sale because I already have WRC 8. Plus I enjoy DR 2 a little bit more.

Last edited:
I am excited about this game, but to be honest I think I will wait for a sale because I already have WRC 8. Plus I enjoy DR 2 a little bit more.
I've definitely said this before on here somewhere, but the difference between 8 and 9 is like night and day. 9 was such a step forward for the series, and easily equals DR2 for me. It's also worth noting that WRC's tarmac physics are light years ahead of DR2, and WRC 10 has 7 tarmac locations...

I am looking forward to it but I guess hype comes from build up and there really hasn't been much build up for this yet.

I've got to the point where i don't need any more hype, previews, whatever. I simply trust on the work the guys at Kylotonn/KT Racing are doing (previously I've bought WRC 7,8,9 - doubled 8 and 9 on Switch besides the Xbox Series X). I've pre-ordered the Deluxe as soon as it become available a couple weeks ago and for me personally it's THE game i'm most interested in. Can't wait to put my hands on it and try the (yet more!) handling/physics improvements in v10.

Last edited:
WRC games must be super niche, I feel like I'm the only one on the site who's excited for it.
I'm looking forward to it. I've played every one since 7 and even went back and played 6 just to understand the difference/improvements.

I'm currently halfway through a season in 9 in the big class then I'm ready for 10 :)

But tbh I'm not intending to purchase straight away, I will go back to DR and wait for any bugs to be ironed out for a few months. No rush plenty of games etc.

I know a few people wondered what would get held back for the Deluxe version:

Deluxe edition includes:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V + additional historic event
Arena Panzerplatte super special stage
Career starter pack
3 months WRC+

The 1997 Subaru Impreza seems to be a preorder bonus, or it's worded as if you preorder then you'll get it on release day.

Back