WRC, ERC and national rallying 2024Rally 

Cyril confirmed that it was team order

Unfortunate given how Breen was doing up to then. He was so emotional when he was doing well again after having a terrible season last year

Overall_Result_15156_frz_1400x788.jpg

Didn't work, I wonder if Breen will get a dressing down or if Neuville will get a kicking for not capitalising. Still, risky with Rovanpera so close behind and while I understand team orders here (no sense in a part time driver taking the points away from a full timer), it is risky when it's that right.

Last edited:
Didn't work, I wonder if Breen will get a dressing down or if Neuville will get a kicking for not capitalising.
The latter probably as Neuville had made a mistake during the powerstage.

I think it's humorous that Cyril was the one giving team orders given that F1 is known for some ludicrous team orders

Cyril, among others, visibly annoyed with Pirelli after a few tyre delaminations this weekend, Tanak, Breen and Lappi all suffering yesterday. Pirelli accused teams of running the pressures too low.

Getting hyped up for Rally Mexico and finally getting to watch live at a decent hour.

Also,

The US might actually get a WRC round. Hopefully it happens, so I can actually see a World Rally.

Getting hyped up for Rally Mexico and finally getting to watch live at a decent hour.

Also,

The US might actually get a WRC round. Hopefully it happens, so I can actually see a World Rally.
About time, there's some decent rallies in the US, deserves a round.

Lappi had the lead overnight and has absolutely ended it on the 1st stage of Saturday. Stage red flagged.

First details of the new Central European round. Love the sound of a super special in Prague. Should be a spectacular event.

I'm in complete shock, have followed his career for years and he came back so admirably after his co-driver was killed years ago - was so competitive in Sweden a few weeks ago, on the up. What terrible news. Can't believe it.

It's really frustrating to see the Fords be quick, only to retire early on.

And only four Rally1 cars plus Latvala left.

But, at least there will be a great fight for the win now. The rally was looking like another borefest before Kalle's roll.

Oh, and the WRC2 fight is out of this world.

I think it’s time to revive this thread. Chile has been quite the lottery thus far. Pirelli got overly defensive after the morning loop when the runners on soft tires literally wore the tread off of them.

It's been great to see these tire strategies play out today. I wouldn't put this one all down on Pirelli. It was just the wrong decision by Toyota to go all softs in the morning. No one was puncturing. They literally rode the softs to end of life.

It's been great to see these tire strategies play out today. I wouldn't put this one all down on Pirelli. It was just the wrong decision by Toyota to go all softs in the morning. No one was puncturing. They literally rode the softs to end of life.
I agree. I wouldn’t blame Pirelli at all. 75 kms of abrasive gravel means tire strategy is important. It helped also that no one really knew what to expect over the rally. Even with everyone on hards in the afternoon loop, tire management was key. Tomorrow will be exciting!

Last edited:
So happy to see the M-Sport win with Tanak after what has been an embarrassing run the last few months.

There are lot of rumors of Ott returning to Hyundai next year.

The inaugural Central European Rally begins in 2 weeks time, the first of back to back tarmac events to close out the 2023 season, and we just about have a title fight to take us there.

1. Kalle Rovanpera - 217
2. Elfyn Evans - 186

31 points separate the 2 drivers with 60 points up for grabs, 25 points for winning the rally and 5 for each power stage. However Kalle can claim the title at the CER as long as he outscores Elfyn.

Elfyn has had a mixed record on tarmac events, but a win in Croatia this year will have helped his confidence. Podiums in Belgium, Monte Carlo, Spain and Croatia over the past few seasons show he can be strong. Kalle hasn’t won on tarmac this season, managing a podium at Monte Carlo and 4th in Croatia. A win in Croatia last season backed up with a Spain podium show he also has what it takes to succeed over the next 2 events.

Both drivers of course competing on the Toyota Yaris Rally1 so the cars have complete parity and Toyota have already sewn up the manufacturers crown so the drivers should be free to attack for the crown.

The Central European Rally itself will take place across 3 countries over the 4 days. With Thursday hosting the ceremonial start followed by 2 very interesting stages in Czech Republic, a Prague super special followed by an 8.9km Circuit of Klatovy.
Central European Rally Maps_2.jpeg
Central European Rally Maps_1.jpeg

The first full day of action on the Friday takes place in the Czech Republic, the Saturday in Austria and the final day runs 50/50 between Austria and Germany. Finishing on the 16km Passau power stage in Germany.

I think Kalle is the smart money from the position he is in, but Elfyn is super fast when he gets the bit between his teeth and has nothing to lose by going for maximum attack. It’s going to be exciting to see what happens.

Last edited:
Neuville is going to be very fast as well. I wouldn't count him out, as long as he can get the rhythm on Friday. Ogier will certainly be a factor as well. I wouldn't rule out any of the Fords either.

Back