WRC 5

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 351 comments
my ffb did not work in the beginning,.. start the game over, and only use your wheel,.. no pad as second on!!
ffb is fokking strong in this game,... i love good feedback but i had to put it at +- 35 %

drives good,... not special in visual presentation,.... not much options to do, just rally,.... fun for a few tracks and then back to project cars,..

fun 2 do for a while!!

only game what was really bad was baja offroad for ps3,... that was awfull, and i mean really awfull, and by that i mean really really really awfull... 1 of the only 2 games i returned in my 25 years of gaming:crazy:

How do you use the wheel and pad at the same time?

in project cars you can use your second controller for the going through menus and voicechat,.. if you use it in wrc5 it dissables my feedback..

so only use your wheel as controller!!

in project cars you can use your second controller for the going through menus and voicechat,.. if you use it in wrc5 it dissables my feedback..

so only use your wheel as controller!!

I cannot find a way to use both at the same time, and it's something that i need badly - i have the T300 with a F1 rim and a OMP Superturismo as well, (the rim used on Polo WRC). Needless to say that the OMP does not have buttons..

If we play this garbage and straight after we play Project Cars, we really understand why PCars is the best racing game ever..

Soooooo what's this game like then?

Shiiiiiit!!! RUN AS FAST AS CAN
It's like a deja vu..
Remember PS2?

Last edited:
Massive improvement over WRC 4. Physics very fun, graphics good despite odd fps drops 60fps is good, stages are challenging and quite varied and damage model is excellent.

This contrasts to a lot of other things I've seen :lol: swear someone said something about 30fps

people who think forza is the ultimate game, will not like this (also the elite that always looks at the framedrops and graphics should stay away),... if people like racing games in general they should have a decent time, if they understand what rally is about :cheers:

I cannot find a way to use both at the same time, and it's something that i need badly - i have the T300 with a F1 rim and a OMP Superturismo as well, (the rim used on Polo WRC). Needless to say that the OMP does not have buttons..

If we play this garbage and straight after we play Project Cars, we really understand why PCars is the best racing game ever..

Shiiiiiit!!! RUN AS FAST AS CAN
It's like a deja vu..
Remember PS2?

i use the f1 rim,... thats enough for me,... its not like people gonna play this online a lott,.... thats what project cars is for!!

Massive improvement over WRC 4. Physics very fun, graphics good despite odd fps drops 60fps is good, stages are challenging and quite varied and damage model is excellent.

After spending some more time with WRC 5 I quite like it.
I really like the physics and having a blast right now.
It's a shame about the screentearing and the fps, but after playing a while you dont notice it as much.
There is also problems with the force feedback, it is great when it works but suddenly it disappears and you have
to restart the game.
In menus like leaderbord, you cant navigate with the wheel.( T300 )
I saw on twitter that they already released a patch for PC.

xXJojjeXx

Very early impressions are mixed but leaning to positive. The physics are nice, taking some getting used to because I still want to throw the cars around like on WRC4 but they have more weight in 5 so braking is different and they have more heft in the corners. But it's definitely fun.

Stages are nice, glad they ditched milestones habit of reusing sections. So far everything has felt like a unique stage, which they are. Also glad that each stage has different time of day and weather settings, the milestone ones only had time of day but set weather so that will give the game a good feeling of variety.

Career mode is a pretty standard affair, nice to have all 3 classes and all the teams again, straight forward tier type career from JWRC to WRC. Might not be much replay value but hopefully enough to keep going back to it.

Graphically is where we go downhill a touch I feel. It is just about acceptable to me, but I could see it being a possible issue for some. It's quite rough around the edges and does have some FPS drops but overall it is acceptable. The car models are nicely details despite some slightly low res decals on the liveries, and I feel some of the rallies may end up feeling too similar but I will reserve that though for later on. But overall the environment's look reasonably good in the various conditions.

Sound is the real downside of this game for me, the cars sound too computerised, the Co driver still doesn't have a natural enough feel compared to say dirt rally. The cars just don't sound balanced enough, I know the backfires are loud in real life but it's just a bit too much in a game when the cars are so quiet andget drowned out by everything.

In all so far I like the game and will get my money's worth, it is fun enough and although there are a few in the pipeline, it is the only rally option on consoles, fortunately it is enough until SLRE and Dirt Rally release on consoles.

This post is all based on the Xbox One version.

JvM
So pc is locked to 30, and consoles get to 60fps..? (atleast occationally)

:lol::lol:

That explains why they are charging $40 nzd (17 pounds) for it. I don't recall any game that runs 60 on consoles being locked to 30 on PC. Epic fail.

Argentina

WRC 5 FIA World Rally Championship_20151017104353.jpg
WRC 5 FIA World Rally Championship_20151017104433.jpg
WRC 5 FIA World Rally Championship_20151017102845.jpg
WRC 5 FIA World Rally Championship_20151017104013.jpg
WRC 5 FIA World Rally Championship_20151017102125.jpg
WRC 5 FIA World Rally Championship_20151017104625.jpg

I got my copy and it showed up in my PS4 as 'ps4 content disc' and not Wrc5. So taking it back for a replacement. Gutted cos I wanted to play on release day :/ now I have to wait till next week

I really hope they release a photo mode worthy of that of DC ^^
That would be really great, but I'm not going to hold my breath for an update to photo mode - at least with the variety of atmosphere and times of day, it is already far better than the quality of WRC4.

A good photo mode though sells games and is free advertising, so maybe it'll happen at some point.

Latest Posts

Back