WRC 8 Iconic Cars Trailer Kicks Off Early Access

A bit disappointed that this is on Epic only for now. I usually buy games one year later to wait for bugs to be patched, all DLCs to be released and the price to come down, but this whole exclusive business on PC is setting a bad precedent IMO. Console exclusives are understandable because they have to recoup hardware development costs, but I'm not about to clutter my PC with more "installer/storefront" programs just to be able to play one game, even if they are free.

I can see this ending up as scummy as pre-order bonuses/microtransaction/lootboxes in the future. Probably every developer will have their own storefront/DRM at some point and when that happens don't blame people when they turn to piracy. It's all just about making things as accessible and easy as possible, just see the movie/music industry already.

A bit disappointed that this is on Epic only for now. I usually buy games one year later to wait for bugs to be patched, all DLCs to be released and the price to come down, but this whole exclusive business on PC is setting a bad precedent IMO. Console exclusives are understandable because they have to recoup hardware development costs, but I'm not about to clutter my PC with more "installer/storefront" programs just to be able to play one game, even if they are free.

I can see this ending up as scummy as pre-order bonuses/microtransaction/lootboxes in the future. Probably every developer will have their own storefront/DRM at some point and when that happens don't blame people when they turn to piracy. It's all just about making things as accessible and easy as possible, just see the movie/music industry already.

Sounds like more than a bit. Anyway, see you next year or whenever you buy it. We'll be playing WRC9 by then.

Sounds like more than a bit. Anyway, see you next year or whenever you buy it. We'll be playing WRC9 by then.

Sure, if Kylotonn is still around to make WRC 9 :P

Crazily enough I still haven't played WRC 7 that's been sitting in my Steam account for a year :lol: When I play something I make sure to complete everything which usually takes around 6 months. Too many games, not enough time to properly enjoy each one. Waiting one year is really nothing for me.

Try releasing the game on Epic without an exclusivity deal. YOU CANT.

I cant really blame Kylotonn. Blame Epic and their corrupt, arrogant assholes.

Sure, if Kylotonn is still around to make WRC 9 :P

Why would they not be after their last two WRC games have seen them hit their stride, with this effort finally being seen as easily as good as Dirt Rally?

Its reviewed well so should sell well enough and can't see the franchise being handed to someone else to likely make a poorer game.

Why would they not be after their last two WRC games have seen them hit their stride, with this effort finally being seen as easily as good as Dirt Rally?

Its reviewed well so should sell well enough and can't see the franchise being handed to someone else to likely make a poorer game.

Well they were contracted to make 4 games so their times up, but I really hope they get to do the next incarnations as they are now really on their game :)

Last edited:
Well they were contracted to make 4 games so their times up, but I really hope they get to do the next incarnations as they are now really on their game :)

This is actually the fifth game in the contract. WRC 4 was made by Milestone but published by Bigben. I have seen rumors that it's a ten-title deal.

This is actually the fifth game in the contract. WRC 4 was made by Milestone but published by Bigben. I have seen rumors that it's a ten-title deal.

The fifth game being VRally ? Which is one of their own outside of the WRC contract, I think ?

Edit: Rumoured 10 title deal ? Wow that's great news if correct 👍

Another edit, I see what you mean !

The fifth game being VRally ? Which is one of their own outside of the WRC contract, I think ?

Edit: Rumoured 10 title deal ? Wow that's great news if correct 👍

Another edit, I see what you mean !

With this kind of serious improvement instead of the lazy copy / paste of some officially licensed titles I think Kylotonn deserves to keep it. They took 1 year off which was a risque but it surely payed off. Just look at what we've got here. Surely the best complete rally title to date on this gen. It much reminds me of the great titles by Évolution Studios on PS2 with WRC4 being my highlight.

I wonder though how this title will evolve over the coming months. A few places need some extra polish and pacenotes need to be looked into. Several errors encountered . I miss a basic freecam as well. Just let them add VR4 one ;)

With this kind of serious improvement instead of the lazy copy / paste of some officially licensed titles I think Kylotonn deserves to keep it. They took 1 year off which was a risque but it surely payed off. Just look at what we've got here. Surely the best complete rally title to date on this gen. It much reminds me of the great titles by Évolution Studios on PS2 with WRC4 being my highlight.

I wonder though how this title will evolve over the coming months. A few places need some extra polish and pacenotes need to be looked into. Several errors encountered . I miss a basic freecam as well. Just let them add VR4 one ;)

Well if Bigben do have a 10 game deal considering the fact that they now own Kylotonn 5 new WRC games by this studio are almost guaranteed, which will probably cover the entiritly of the next gen consoles. Great news ! And yes, WRC 8 can only get better through the undoubted wave of updates. Such an upgrade over 7, which was already one of my favourite Rally games :)

Last edited:
The fifth game being VRally ?

WRC 8 is the fifth game. WRC 1, 2 & 3 were with Black Bean games (with Milestone as developer). 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 were with Bigben (Milestone did #4, Kylotonn the rest). So that's five with Bigben. The contract is with the publisher, not the studio. And since Bigben bought Kylotonn last year, if they indeed have more titles in the contract they will definitely be using KT.

WRC 8 is the fifth game. WRC 1, 2 & 3 were with Black Bean games (with Milestone as developer). 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 were with Bigben (Milestone did #4, Kylotonn the rest). So that's five with Bigben. The contract is with the publisher, not the studio. And since Bigben bought Kylotonn last year, if they indeed have more titles in the contract they will definitely be using KT.

I understand, you got me, at first I didn't read your trick post properly ! :lol:

Controller user for rally games here.

Already played the game in a friend's house. Same understeer crappiness regardless you can now powerslide.., which is just a bit anyway. Physis are still subpar. Too bad because of the stages themselves continue to be good.

Anyone expecting actual improvement stay away from this game, and what the hell it's been so many WRC tittles developed by lesser studios all of them with bad results, so stay away from any future wrc tittle this one included until we some serious dev managing the licence once again lñike in the past.

Back to Dirt Rally.

Already played the game in a friend's house. Same understeer crappiness regardless you can now powerslide.., which is just a bit anyway. Physis are still subpar. Too bad because of the stages themselves continue to be good.

Anyone expecting actual improvement stay away from this game, and what the hell it's been so many WRC tittles developed by lesser studios all of them with bad results, so stay away from any future wrc tittle this one included until we some serious dev managing the licence once again lñike in the past.

Back to Dirt Rally.
Everyone. Take the above post with a pinch of salt. Seek the opinion of a variety of people before making your decision.

And for those struggling with understeer. This vid might help.

Last edited:

Back to Dirt Rally.

:dunce:

I echo @PzR Slim but would as far as to just pour the whole salt pot on it.

Controller is definitely a tad twitchy.... Switched to my wheel (T300) and now enjoying it. Just find your sweet spot with ffb settings. Stage design puts Dirt 2 to shame. Tarmac physics to me is on point. So now we have 2 rally games to enjoy...

Stage design puts Dirt 2 to shame.
That has been a constant with WRC games, but so have the bad physics as well, and wrc8 seems to be no exception unfortunately. My friend has also a t300 which we tried yesterday a little later after testing with the controller, and despite being a step forward they are still bad enough to not thinking even twice to return Dirt2 and of course Dirt1.

Yes it is too bad we have the good stages in WRC and the good handling in Dirt. I guess the perfect game would be a mixture of the two, but sadly I see no reason to play thse modern WRC games with this handling. Is WRC8 better than its predecessors?, yes. Is the handling good enough now?,, no, it is not. Still not there.

Jeez the glorious days of Evolutions WRC games. You cannot imagine how much I miss WRC3 and WRC4.

That has been a constant with WRC games, but so have the bad physics as well, and wrc8 seems to be no exception unfortunately. My friend has also a t300 which we tried yesterday a little later after testing with the controller, and despite being a step forward they are still bad enough to not thinking even twice to return Dirt2 and of course Dirt1.

Yes it is too bad we have the good stages in WRC and the good handling in Dirt. I guess the perfect game would be a mixture of the two, but sadly I see no reason to play thse modern WRC games with this handling. Is WRC8 better than its predecessors?, yes. Is the handling good enough now?,, no, it is not. Still not there.

Jeez the glorious days of Evolutions WRC games. You cannot imagine how much I miss WRC3 and WRC4.
Have to say that I utterly disagree with you.

Not only is WRC8 a significant step forward over WRC7, but its also a match for DR2 on gravel and in my view better on tarmac, as for FFB its better in all circumstances than DR2.

Not only is WRC8 a significant step forward over WRC7, but its also a match for DR2 on gravel and in my view better on tarmac, as for FFB its better in all circumstances than DR2.

The more I play it the more I agree with this. Especially tarmac, the cars feel planted but still with that characteristic lateral rallyness. Very enjoyable.

So I do as a controller user with you. Handling is still bad, no other word to describe it. Better than previous iterations?, well.., yeah, but still bad compared to Dirt Rally 1 and 2. Dirt simply plays on another league.

but its also a match for DR2 on gravel and in my view better on tarmac,
Not sure if serious. Must be that you play this game on a wheel only, whereas I have done in both controller and wheel yesterday, and the feelings at least for now are not mutual precisely.

as for FFB its better in all circumstances than DR2.
To me FFB and physics are not the same thing. Perhaps this is why our feelings regarding wrc8 are that opposed to each other. See it this way, is dr2 FFB bad?, of course, its physics?, no, they are actually pretty good let alone on gravel.

I'm going to same friend's house when I leave work later. I'll ask him to use the t300 only to continue to build an opinion on the subject, but why should I lie?, I'm still horrified from yesterdays experience on the wheel, I won't even mention on the xbox1 controller.

So I do as a controller user with you. Handling is still bad, no other word to describe it. Better than previous iterations?, well.., yeah, but still bad compared to Dirt Rally 1 and 2. Dirt simply plays on another league.

Not sure if serious. Must be that you play this game on a wheel only, whereas I have done in both controller and wheel yesterday, and the feelings at least for now are not mutual precisely.
I'm using a T300 with the only setting change being the overall FFB strength set to 85.

To me FFB and physics are not the same thing. Perhaps this is why our feelings regarding wrc8 are that opposed to each other.
I've not said they are, allow me to make sure I am being clear.

Physics: As good as DR2 on gravel, better than DR2 on tarmac
FFB: Better than DR2 in all circumstances

I'm going to same friends house when I leave work later. I'll ask him to use the t300 only to continue to make up an opinion on the subject, but why should I lie?,
I've not said you are lying, I've said that I disagree with you.

I'm using a T300 with the only setting change being the overall FFB strength set to 85.
I've not said you are lying, I've said that I disagree with you.
Yeah but as you might struggle to understand why I find this game physics that mediocre (as always with these modern wrc games), I do as well to try and see what is the good stuff some of you are noticing in this new physics model for 8

Yeah but as you might struggle to understand why I find this game physics that mediocre (as always with these modern wrc games), I do as well to try and see what is the good stuff some of you are noticing in this new physics model for 8

The tyre model, suspension movement, braking feel (tying into the suspension modelling again), throttle response, environment behaviours, handbrake feel, jumping the cars (aero modelling), car behaviour on different surfaces and conditions. There's a surprising amount of depth to the whole thing.

And I'm a pad user.

And a massive Dirt fanboy as you've reminded me a few times in the Dirt forums.

For me, the jury is still out on WRC 8. I actually really liked WRC 7, but that feeling was gone immediately when I started playing DR2 earlier this year. The handling model and FFB in DR2 put WRC 7 to shame. I can already tell after playing for a day that WRC 8 has definitely made steps in the right direction, but I'm not sure I will ever be able to say it is on par or better than DR2. We'll see though. The audio in DR2 is much better for sure. As a huge WRC fan, I was pretty excited for WRC 8. However, the biggest problem I have now is that my TSS Handbrake is not being recognized by the game. It works fine on my other titles. It should work fine because a lot of the game promo was done using the Thrustmaster setups for their demo rigs. This problem is preventing me from fully experiencing the game, I'm very frustrated, if anyone has any ideas how to fix this, I'm all ears, please help!!!

For me, the jury is still out on WRC 8. I actually really liked WRC 7, but that feeling was gone immediately when I started playing DR2 earlier this year. The handling model and FFB in DR2 put WRC 7 to shame. I can already tell after playing for a day that WRC 8 has definitely made steps in the right direction, but I'm not sure I will ever be able to say it is on par or better than DR2. We'll see though. The audio in DR2 is much better for sure. As a huge WRC fan, I was pretty excited for WRC 8. However, the biggest problem I have now is that my TSS Handbrake is not being recognized by the game. It works fine on my other titles. It should work fine because a lot of the game promo was done using the Thrustmaster setups for their demo rigs. This problem is preventing me from fully experiencing the game, I'm very frustrated, if anyone has any ideas how to fix this, I'm all ears, please help!!!
They just released a patch that should resolve your handbrake issue.

Do you (or anyone) happen to know for sure if the patch is available for Xbox One? I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition game yesterday.
Screenshot_20190910_074239_com.twitter.android.jpg

Back