WRC 9 Coming in September 2020, Will Hit PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X Later

Well I highly doubt this applies to Australian players.It would appear the French only remember the Pacific region when looking to explode something.

If it isn't another Epic Store exclusive, we will be getting WRC 9 on Steam before WRC 8...

My guess is that sadly, due to the fact that Epic gets a mention in the end credits, that this again will be an Epic exclusive. I didn't buy WRC 8 for the same reason. Time will tell.

Happy that with ACC in June and then this in Sept that developers are still making new stuff for the little PS4 alongside the 5.

I'm working through dirt rally at the moment and looking forward to something similar but with improved physics and FFB (and including classic rally cars)

Happy that with ACC in June and then this in Sept that developers are still making new stuff for the little PS4 alongside the 5.

I'm working through dirt rally at the moment and looking forward to something similar but with improved physics and FFB (and including classic rally cars)
Dr1 or 2? If 1 then you can try dr2, it is a good improvement, to me at least, with a g29.

I hate the way they coverup the number of cars by saying "50 TEAMS" who cares about TEAMS tell us THE CARS!

Toyota Corolla confirmed for WRC 9 Deluxe Edition. WRC 9 Deluxe Edition preorder includes 2 days early-access and the Audi Quattro A2 1984.
WRC 9 Deluxe Edition includes: - WRC 9 - The Toyota Corolla 1999 - The Barcelona Super Special Stage (SSS) - A career development boost.
https://www.trueachievements.com/products/44744/WRC-9-Deluxe-Edition-FIA-World-Rally-Championship

Club system confirmed
A completely customisable Club system lets you challenge your friends in your very own leagues

Achievement List revealed. Xbox Smart Delivery confirmed.
Game leverages Smart Delivery allowing access to both the Xbox One title and Xbox Series X title when available.
WRC, the leading off-road simulation franchise, returns with even more realistic gameplay and more content than ever: 3 new rallies, 35 new special stages, creation of your own custom championships and completely redesigned engine sounds.
https://www.trueachievements.com/n42317/wrc-9-achievement-list-revealed

Last edited:
Toyota Corolla confirmed for WRC 9 Deluxe Edition. WRC 9 Deluxe Edition preorder includes 2 days early-access and the Audi Quattro A2 1984.

https://www.trueachievements.com/products/44744/WRC-9-Deluxe-Edition-FIA-World-Rally-Championship

Club system confirmed

Achievement List revvealed. Xbox Smart Delivery confirmed.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n42317/wrc-9-achievement-list-revealed
Interests me moreso if there is more older classics too like the corolla gts4 or what it's called i forget, i miss it in dr2. I might skip 8 if 9 is better and there's not much good discounts on psn for 8.

Glad about smart delivery as there's no way I'd be buying it twice. It will be interesting to see the difference between XBO & XSX.

Not sure why they are making a thing about the Barcelona SSS though as it's nothing new, it's in WRC7&8, I must be missing something ?

Glad about smart delivery as there's no way I'd be buying it twice. It will be interesting to see the difference between XBO & XSX.

Not sure why they are making a thing about the Barcelona SSS though as it's nothing new, it's in WRC7&8, I must be missing something ?

Catalunya isn't on the 2020 calendar. So must just be being treated as a bonus track that they didn't need to include.

Catalunya isn't on the 2020 calendar. So must just be being treated as a bonus track that they didn't need to include.

Ah good spot. Let's hope they include the whole of Rally Catalonia as well not just the SSS, & bring back Poland/keep the rounds that have been dropped. I know, I know, they won't do this but seriously why not ? They could still be included in a custom championship mode of around 15 rounds. That would be great.

The sound seems the same on the inside but definitely different during the external shots, better.

Wondering if the PS4 version will be like WRC8 or will it be a compromised version of the PS5.

This series has always appeared to be better on PC vs console, so going out on a limb with pessimism they won’t be giving the older console versions much care and we’ll end up getting a stuttery, variable frame rate mess like WRC5.

Would love to be proven wrong.

Wondering if the PS4 version will be like WRC8 or will it be a compromised version of the PS5.

This series has always appeared to be better on PC vs console, so going out on a limb with pessimism they won’t be giving the older console versions much care and we’ll end up getting a stuttery, variable frame rate mess like WRC5.

I think it will be the other way round. It will be very much like WRC8 but with the new rounds & other improvements, the PS5/XSX version will be the same game just higher res & hopefully 60fps.
I think it's the next one, WRC10 that will be fully focused & poised to take advantage of the new hardware.
I hope I'm right as I think I'm buying this on release, I'm looking forward to it being as great as WRC8 if not better..

How do you find the optimization on std ps4 of wrc8? Not sure if you are on a std ps4...

I think it will be the other way round. It will be very much like WRC8 but with the new rounds & other improvements, the PS5/XSX version will be the same game just higher res & hopefully 60fps.
I think it's the next one, WRC10 that will be fully focused & poised to take advantage of the new hardware.
I hope I'm right as I think I'm buying this on release, I'm looking forward to it being as great as WRC8 if not better..

Always love trying new locations so it definitely has that going for it. The career mode from WRC8 can stand to have some improvements with the brutal difficulty spikes in team management, and more intra-Rally events would be nice.

I really do enjoy the career mode in WRC8 but certain aspects are head scratching. Like when they ask you to perform three of a particular event in a limited time frame (training, extreme conditions or even rest days), and either they’re not available or there isn’t enough time to do them which fails the expectations and loses team morale. And early on in your career it’s difficult to get a good agent to find these events which ultimately pushes your head further beneath the water. That needs fixed.

How do you find the optimization on std ps4 of wrc8? Not sure if you are on a std ps4...

Just saw this reply

I’ve got 8 on Pro using super sampling and it’s not any better than 7 was on my standard PS4. Locked 30 FPS, and graphics are the same on both. Never tried 8 on the standard so I can’t tell if there is any improvement between the Pro and standard PS4.

Not crazy about 30 FPS on driving games personally, but as long as it’s locked it’s ok. Variable frame rates make me borderline nauseous.

Always love trying new locations so it definitely has that going for it. The career mode from WRC8 can stand to have some improvements with the brutal difficulty spikes in team management, and more intra-Rally events would be nice.

I really do enjoy the career mode in WRC8 but certain aspects are head scratching. Like when they ask you to perform three of a particular event in a limited time frame (training, extreme conditions or even rest days), and either they’re not available or there isn’t enough time to do them which fails the expectations and loses team morale. And early on in your career it’s difficult to get a good agent to find these events which ultimately pushes your head further beneath the water. That needs fixed.

I agree, the idea of certain challenges was a good addition but the implementation was poor. It's like the left hand didn't talk to the right within KT in testing & confirming validity of this new feature. I've just started a new career & instantly get punished for using 'hard tires' at Monte Carlo !! :(

Also the tire selection is off as it's my understanding that soft tarmac tires work better than hards in cold climates yet the correct compound the game wants you to choose is hards ? Although I did have 28km to drive on them so perhaps I'm wrong..

Just saw this reply

I’ve got 8 on Pro using super sampling and it’s not any better than 7 was on my standard PS4. Locked 30 FPS, and graphics are the same on both. Never tried 8 on the standard so I can’t tell if there is any improvement between the Pro and standard PS4.

Not crazy about 30 FPS on driving games personally, but as long as it’s locked it’s ok. Variable frame rates make me borderline nauseous.

I find that strange about the graphics ?
I'm playing on XB1X & they are definitely better than 7, I can't think that the improvement I see is just for X.
I think having it on X/Pro world just make it run a bit better.

Just saw this reply

Thanks cj, how do you like the classic cars? Im wondering if I'll get the base wrc8 or the deluxe with the 3 added classic cars plus the dlc of the other 2 classics, as they are all on discount in psn now in n.a.

Mrcrynox said you can only use them in single stages or in special events too.

Im a tight fellow gamer sadly for now..

Thanks cj, how do you like the classic cars? Im wondering if I'll get the base wrc8 or the deluxe with the 3 added classic cars plus the dlc of the other 2 classics, as they are all on discount in psn now in n.a.

Mrcrynox said you can only use them in single stages or in special events too.

Im a tight fellow gamer sadly for now..

The classic cars are pretty good, like them all. They feel different than the same models in DR2.0, but in a good way.

Actually I like the Lancia Delta and 037 a bit better in WRC8. They’re still a handful, but the 037 in DR2.0 is a bit much to handle like most all the RWD cars in that game.

Same with the A110 in WRC8. Though I prefer the engine sounds in DR2.0 to WRC8, the A110 in WRC8 is much tamer and easier to control. The oversteer effect in 2.0 seems exaggerated.

The WRC8 classic cars are definitely worth the extra $.

EDIT

The only issue I have (if you’re a wheel user with H-pattern), is the clutch has no effect and you can simply change gears without it. VR4 has the same issue, and DR2.0 clobbers WRC8 in this regard if you’re looking for a true sim experience. I run the WRC8 classic cars in sequential because it’s kind of a pain to switch out the shifter plate on my TH8A, and all of the new WRC cars have the sequential setup anyway.

Last edited:
Back