WRC 9 Coming in September 2020, Will Hit PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X Later

I wish they worked on improving engine/exhaust sounds, cockpit views and optimization on std ps4 in other views than 3rd person. At least from wrc8, does 9 run smoother on std ps4 in hood, cockpit, dash views?

Sound seems worse..

I wish they worked on improving engine/exhaust sounds, cockpit views and optimization on std ps4 in other views than 3rd person. At least from wrc8, does 9 run smoother on std ps4 in hood, cockpit, dash views?

Sound seems worse..
Sound isn't 100% but better,After tweaking soundbar it's good.
Hood/bumper tear/lag on my pro at times.
On a PS5 this game's gunna shine.

Really good stages,Really good for players who like fast flowing stages and keeping it nailed.For Free.
@Scaff, Time for a new gpu mate?

Last edited:
Really good stages,Really good for players who like fast flowing stages and keeping it nailed.For Free.
@Scaff, Time for a new gpu mate?
Nah, time for Milestone to improve the coding.

The replays are a bit messed up on parts of the new stages, I picked up ACC in the Steam sale last night and can keep a frame rate of 60fps on high, with a full grid and weather set to storm, so the GPU will keep me going for a while longer :)

If anybody has this running well on a pro please post console and tv settings as I can not find a sweet spot.Thanks.

I didn't know there were asteroids in WRC 9 that you can mine for credits in No Man's Sky :lol:.

20201031_011813.jpg

If anybody has this running well on a pro please post console and tv settings as I can not find a sweet spot.Thanks.

How do you mean?

Also what TV do you have as that will help if someone has the same TV as you.

Samsung K6000 Tv which is set to game mode but can't get colour,contrast and brightness to play nice.Stages are somewhat pink atm.

Pre-ordered this and played it once or twice but got distracted by other things. Really enjoying it now, Its so smooth and graphically impressive on PC too. Lighting is top notch, With maybe the car models needing a tiny bit more in my opinion. New Finnish stages are great. Look forward to the new Portuguese stages soon.

Not really WRC 9 related since I am still playing WRC 8 but what a difference does it make to switch from H pattern to sequential paddle shifters.
I can actually place in podium places now.
However, still some cars are better for some things than others. Junior WRC with the Ford Fiesta is good for asphalt but awful for snow and so so in gravel.

I've got myself WRC9 on Series S, I'm just wondering if anyone could clarify whether it's actually the "enhanced" version I'm playing or whether theres still more to come?

They talk about Smart Delivery which I understand as simply the ability to play without having to purchase an "upgrade" and that the game carries the "optimised for X/S" label but to me it still doesn't look all that great. I'm aware that it'll only be running 1080p, but it is quite underwhelming.

It does appear to be running 60fps at least, and the almost non-existent load times are definitely nice.

I've got myself WRC9 on Series S, I'm just wondering if anyone could clarify whether it's actually the "enhanced" version I'm playing or whether theres still more to come?

They talk about Smart Delivery which I understand as simply the ability to play without having to purchase an "upgrade" and that the game carries the "optimised for X/S" label but to me it still doesn't look all that great. I'm aware that it'll only be running 1080p, but it is quite underwhelming.

It does appear to be running 60fps at least, and the almost non-existent load times are definitely nice.

If its running 60fps then you're on the enhanced version. The One version is 30fps. The Series S/X version won't showcase much more than the One X other than the increased frame rate.

I’ve got WRC 9 on PS5 with the update, it runs at a smooth 60FPS. Problem is my Thrustmaster T-GT isn’t recognized by the game. Before the PS5 update, my wheel was working fine, although the game was running at 30fps because it was the PS4 version. GT sport, and F1 2020 are working just fine on PS5.

Back