WRC 9 Coming in September 2020, Will Hit PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X Later

WRC9 on the Xbox One Series X is silky smooth, both gameplay and replays, all 60FPS. Regarding detail and lighting just take a look at some YouTube videos running on a high-end PC and you get a pretty close idea of what to expect on Xbox Series X. The biggest difference is definitely the smoother experience you get with 60 FPS, more than any graphic enhancement.

Same for Ride4 and MotoGP 2020 both silky smooth (gameplay and replays - all 60 FPS) despite not being optimized yet (Ride 4 only). Still have to check other games (Dirt5, Pc Cars3, Pc Cars 2, Grid 2019, etc).

Last edited:
TS-XW isn’t recognized at all on series X (for this game). If you’re wanting to play with a wheel you may want to wait for an update. Hopefully they fix it soon.

My wheel works perfect on every other game on the new console.

How does it look on the new consoles. Is it noticeably better?

It looks great! That official gameplay video KT released is spot on.
I was impressed with how quick everything is to load too. A great Black Friday purch!

I am making this post based on WRC 8, so I don't know how WRC 9 performs on this issue, but is it me or is the force feedback completely non-existent on this game?
Using a Fanatec CSL Elite, and I don't feel anything in the game.
Even changing the steering angle, does nothing. Still driving in 1080 angle mode.
I've tried Dirt 2 on Xbox One, and it dialed in right away.
Everything perfect with Dirt 2, down to the 450 angle and the strong force feedback.

I am making this post based on WRC 8, so I don't know how WRC 9 performs on this issue, but is it me or is the force feedback completely non-existent on this game?
Using a Fanatec CSL Elite, and I don't feel anything in the game.
Even changing the steering angle, does nothing. Still driving in 1080 angle mode.
I've tried Dirt 2 on Xbox One, and it dialed in right away.
Everything perfect with Dirt 2, down to the 450 angle and the strong force feedback.

I think the FFB is great on Fanatec. I usually set the dri setting at -02 though for a bit of weight

Ok, for some reason, this time I was able to set up the angle rotation, but still the force feedback is really weak compared to Dirt 2.0
However, nothing from Dirt 2.0 beats the authenticity of the officially licensed WRC games.

Is it me or are people playing this game running a narrow angle?
Like 360 or even less.
I've seen some vids of people playing this and it puzzles me how very little wheel input they put on turns 1&2 and even hairpins, while I have to move my wheel 180 degrees to one side.

Is it me or are people playing this game running a narrow angle?
Like 360 or even less.
I've seen some vids of people playing this and it puzzles me how very little wheel input they put on turns 1&2 and even hairpins, while I have to move my wheel 180 degrees to one side.
I have my wheel set to 540 and it feels perfect. That seems to be similar to the real thing, from watching vids. Merry xmas!

I’m on g29, think I just reduced wheel centre or whatever it’s called to 30.
Also reduced vibration to about 30 or 40 as well.
Feels much better ffb than wrc8 by just doing the above.

Thanks Frankiestail . Is it just me or can the cars in wrc not maintain a powerslide 'on throttle' on dirt surfaces? .They just seem to have a weird pendulum effect, with no real sustained drift through corners on throttle input alone... Dunno if that makes sense Any help or ideas about this?

Thanks Frankiestail . Is it just me or can the cars in wrc not maintain a powerslide 'on throttle' on dirt surfaces? .They just seem to have a weird pendulum effect, with no real sustained drift through corners on throttle input alone... Dunno if that makes sense Any help or ideas about this?
Not found any issue with sliding any of the cars in wrc9, tbh finding it much better than wrc8.

Although I’ve noticed the car setups are a lot different, for example wrc cars in 9 have rear arb set at 3 or so which would make them feel a bit more tail happy.

You could try taking arb off the back to change balance of car to see if that suits your driving style any better.

no issues with this! Might just need a bit more finesse on the throttle or something. I find it’s very easy to spin out on a handbrake turn if you just jam the throttle on all the way immediately after pulling the handbrake, got to feather it a bit first to be smooth.

Thanks for the input/advice. I suppose it's not like dirt rally where you can hold a sustained drift around a long sweeping corner in 3/4 gear. I find in wrc you can't powerslide through a corner 'on throttle' for a sustained period. Feels like when the throttle fully pressed down, the engine just revs and the tires spin up. Dunno hard to describe...

With the benefit of a wheel, I have fallen head over heels for WRC 8. I should enjoy this even more, right? I want Japan and those new classic cars.

I have a new PC, so maybe I'll wait for it to arrive on Steam. Or is it totally fine on a base PS4? I don't feel like making an Epic account even in the absence of any other controversy there. I dislike registering accounts willy-nilly.

It’s been a couple months since I’ve played this, and I’ve got a newfound interest on account of an incidental change in hardware.

It was time to refurbish the alcantara on my TM Sparco R383 rim, so I swapped back the original GTE rim that came with the T300. Not sure why, but the FFB really comes alive and has better fidelity with the GTE rim.

In addition, other games I’m currently using seem to play better with the GTE rim (PC3, DR 2.0), so I’m wondering if the R383 rim is too big for the T300 to handle fidelity-wise being a comparatively large 33cm to the 28cm GTE. Never thought about this until going back to the GTE. Maybe bigger isn’t necessarily better when it comes to rim size.

As the GTE rim feels really plasticky and rough, and since I’m looking to get a new rim anyway, maybe the F599XX EVO 30 rim is a better option than the R383.

Probably posted in the wrong area, but any insight or input welcome.

With the benefit of a wheel, I have fallen head over heels for WRC 8. I should enjoy this even more, right? I want Japan and those new classic cars.

I have a new PC, so maybe I'll wait for it to arrive on Steam. Or is it totally fine on a base PS4? I don't feel like making an Epic account even in the absence of any other controversy there. I dislike registering accounts willy-nilly.

WRC 9 is a step up compared to WRC 8.
If you don't have a PS5 or XSX you should really get it on PC so you can enjoy it in 60 fps.
It really is a great experience.

WRC 9 is a step up compared to WRC 8.
If you don't have a PS5 or XSX you should really get it on PC so you can enjoy it in 60 fps.
It really is a great experience.
Is the force feedback better?
WRC 8 had weak force feedback on my CSL.
Dirt Rally 2.0 didn't even work with my wheel.
But it not only worked but had amazing force feedback on my One X.

Is the force feedback better?
WRC 8 had weak force feedback on my CSL.
Dirt Rally 2.0 didn't even work with my wheel.
But it not only worked but had amazing force feedback on my One X.

I have a T300 and I think the FFB is great.
When dialed in it is strong ( if you want ) and detailed.

Would you mind sharing your settings? Many thanks in advance

I am no FFB expert, but I like these settings.
A tip ( think it was Gamermuscle ) is to start from the top and work your way down
changing each setting from min-max.

IMG_9370.jpg

I have a T300 and I think the FFB is great.
When dialed in it is strong ( if you want ) and detailed.
Holy crap, I meant to say that WRC 8 had weak force feedback on my PS4.
Dirt Rally 2.0 didn't even work with my wheel on PS4 but on Xbox One X it synced right away (Fanatec CSL).

Back