WRC 9 December Update to Add Toyota GR Yaris Rally Concept

Has anyone else realised just how big the Test Area is?? I've just done a bit of a recce on my lunch break and managed to clock 7.5 miles of unique gravel roads before I had to get back to work. This place would be PERFECT for a stage creator tool! Being able to create, share and host your own events here would be incredible.

I have the PS5 version and noticed that there is no update. I would hate to have the PS4& PS5 version installed just for this update due to hard drive space.

Has there been any update on when the wheel compatibility issue is going to be sorted for PS5 users? I was really enjoying WRC9 on the PS4 and was hyped to play the shiny PS5 version and then my CSL Elite wouldn't work in-game...

Has there been any update on when the wheel compatibility issue is going to be sorted for PS5 users? I was really enjoying WRC9 on the PS4 and was hyped to play the shiny PS5 version and then my CSL Elite wouldn't work in-game...

I believe the update in Jan is supposed to add wheel support for the next gen consoles

The PS5 and XSX update is coming tomorrow :)
( wrc the game Twitter )
"Oh we forgot to mention: This update will also add the 120Hz Performance Modes and High Visual Quality Mode for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles."

Last edited:
The PS5 and XSX update is coming tomorrow :)
( wrc the game Twitter )
"Oh we forgot to mention: This update will also add the 120Hz Performance Modes and High Visual Quality Mode for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles."

Fixing the wheel compatibility too! Definitely picking this up tomorrow!

If this has been expedited to tomorrow that's great news!! The PS4 version is very pretty as is but the proper PS5 looks so nice, just want to be able to use my wheel!

Interested to take a look to high quality visual

Same. When I loaded WRC 9 up on the PS5 after buying the deluxe in the recent sale I must admit I wasn’t blown away by the visuals. It looked good but not great and assumed it was just running the equivalent of the PS4 Pro visuals. Curious to see how the latest update compares.

Update is released.

PlayStation 5 specific fixes
  • December Update Content
  • Added steering wheels support
  • Added 120 Hz performance modes and High Visual Quality mode
  • Fixed crashes after changing the type of tire in tutorial
  • Fixed various online lobby related crashes
  • Fixed an issue where tires and car setup selection were reset when a new player joined an online lobby
  • Added clearer message when failing to write on leaderboards
  • Fixed an issue where both players could control the gears in split-screen
  • Changed unclear text message when leaving photo mode
  • Fixed various collision issues with the Proton Iriz R5
  • Fixed several respawn issues
  • Fixed various issues that could prevent the game to access WRC9 servers
  • Fixed issue where dust didn’t apply on the Ford Fiesta WRC’s windshield
  • Fixed camera placement issue in show room
  • Fixed other various performance issues
  • Improved haptic feedbacks on grass
  • Resolved an issue where vibration and sounds coming out from the controller’s speaker could stop when going off road
  • Controller now vibrates correctly when testing the vibration in the settings
  • Fixed issue where odd visual effects were present on a split-screen race with the Threatening weather
  • Fixed issue where the game would softlock when trying to access online features without a PlayStation plus subscription
Xbox Series X|S specific fixes
  • December Update Content
  • Added steering wheels support
  • Added 120 Hz performance modes and High Visual Quality mode
  • Fixed crashes after changing the type of tire in tutorial
  • Fixed various online lobby related crashes
  • Fixed an issue where tires and car setup selection were reset when a new player joined an online lobby
  • Added clearer message when failing to write on leaderboards
  • Fixed an issue where both players could control the gears in split-screen
  • Changed unclear text message when leaving photo mode
  • Fixed various collision issues with the Proton Iriz R5
  • Fixed several respawn issues
  • Fixed various issues that could prevent the game to access WRC9 servers
  • Fixed issue where dust didn’t apply on the Ford Fiesta WRC’s windshield
  • Fixed camera placement issue in show room
  • Fixed other various performance issues
  • Fixed crash when attempting to exit a Replay in specific conditions
  • Fixed crash when trying to resume whilst in an online lobby
  • Fixed issue where players could lose control in the menu after playing in split-screen mode

Last edited:
My wheel works and has weight/vibration, but feels lifeless? I can let go of the wheel while sliding in a RWD and it will stay completely straight

Last edited:
I can’t imagine this is how it’s supposed to feel? Have you played the game on PC or PS4?

Yes I played it on PS4 and it is the same feeling and FFB.

Only tried Finland Arvaja in 60 fps and there is screen tearing after the update.
I did not have this before the update that was realeased today.

UPDATE:
There is screen tearing in "Dash" view,
when I switch to "Bonnet" it's fine.

Last edited:
They are aware of the framedrops and screen tearing on both PS5 and XSX,
hopefully there is an update in the near future.

The jump from 30 fps to 60 fps makes this game the best rally game I have
ever played. The new Portugal Epic stage is fantastic.

I found the screen tearing to be cured by changing graphics settings from balanced to High Visual Quality or whatever its called.

The FFB seems to be improved from the previous version too. I had a workable if not ideal setting on the PS4 but the PS5 one with the same settings ingame and on the wheel and it feels more direct and less floaty. Quite impressed actually.

Latest Posts

Back