WRC 9 Launches, to Positive Reception and Reviews

United States
Connecticut
SPhilli
SPhilli911
The article says, "Depending on your region and platform, WRC 9 will likely be available right now. Save for console users in North America, who have to wait until September 8", however, I can say for sure it's out today (September 4) in the United States for PS4. I believe Canada is the 8th (possibly Mexico?). Edit: Out September 4 for Deluxe Edition users, my bad.

In any case, looking forward to this after work. If I can get away from Tony Hawk remake. :lol:

Last edited:

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
The article says, "Depending on your region and platform, WRC 9 will likely be available right now. Save for console users in North America, who have to wait until September 8", however, I can say for sure it's out today (September 4) in the United States for PS4. I believe Canada is the 8th.
The console Deluxe Edition is out in North America today, with the early access it affords. However the game's official release date on consoles in North America is September 8, as communicated to us by Nacon's PR firm (which did offer us a review code, but not to the right person so we missed it :lol: ).

This is also confirmed by the PS Store, which has the Deluxe Edition available, but the regular version as Pre Order:

upload_2020-9-4_13-38-20.png

upload_2020-9-4_13-39-28.png

The Xbox store has the same information:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wrc-9-deluxe-edition-fia-world-rally-championship/9PHJP03XSSZS
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wrc-9-fia-world-rally-championship/9nj3r4fn60rr

United States
Connecticut
SPhilli
SPhilli911
The console Deluxe Edition is out in North America today, with the early access it affords. However the game's official release date on consoles in North America is September 8, as communicated to us by Nacon's PR firm (which did offer us a review code, but not to the right person so we missed it :lol: ).
I did not know I bought the Deluxe Edition! I stand corrected, thanks. :lol:

United Kingdom
London
I enjoyed WRC 8. Loved the stages & physics more than Dirt Rally, but graphically & car selection wise, Dirt Rally is king.

WRC 8 & now 9 definitely aren't bad looking & they have nice car selections but it's still a shame for the officially licensed rally game to miss out on names like Subaru & Mitsubishi. Had my hopes up when they announced a classic car selection for WRC 9 but still no sign of them. I want to swing a classic Impreza round these great stages.

tunaphis

(Banned)
Australia
onboard.
KT never did get around to releasing WRC8 on disc here,Used disc's are still $70 so,
Have sent detailed instructions on how to insert disc into suitable round orifice.
Will wait for CM's WRC .
UpDate:
Have been offered a copy (WRC9) by a community member who is kind enough to post it to OZ.
If your reading this KT/Bigben you still blow.

Last edited:
Australia
Australia
KT never did get around to releasing WRC8 on disc here,Used disc's are still $70 so,
Have sent detailed instructions on how to insert disc into suitable round orifice.
Will wait for CM's WRC .
Yeah, I don't get that. We Aussies love motor racing!

For some reason you can get Switch carts of WRC 8, but no PS4 discs?!

Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Hopefully on nextgen consoles all racing devs will be able to target 60 fps. 30 fps is not enough for precise racing.
It's even better. I haven't played any WRC because of 30 FPS and now I can play in 120! So good. I am a bit sad they lost the WRC license. But we should get some great games before it I guess.