WRC Generations

• Thread starter Famine
  • 487 comments
20221112_160723.jpg

smug top gear GIF

Currently sitting fourth overall for GTP in the team league weekly.

View attachment 1207749
I'm currently sitting .... erm well yeah... nothing to see here whistles

Final dailies before re-ranking (13/11/22)

Solo:
Daily 1:
Ford Fiesta Rally3
Sweden
Brattby Reverse - 7.36km

Daily 2:
Hyundai i20 Rally1
Greece
Amfissa Reverse - 6.91km

Daily 3:
Toyota Yaris Rally1
Portugal
Felgueiras Reverse - 8.46km

Teams:
Daily 1:
Ford Puma Rally1
Turkey
Cicekli - 6.53km

Daily 2:
Ford Fiesta Rally3
Finland
Arvaja - 9.65km

Daily 3:
Skoda Fabia Rally2
Croatia
Rude - 7.09km

I've made a team for us at GTP to join for the teams league and such. GTPlanet WRC is the name. Tag me and your PSN ID so I can approve requests to join.

Edit: should be able to add people from Xbox and PC as well, I believe teams and leagues are crossplay enabled.
Hi, I already requested and entered the group, but this is me. DerOllie is my PSN ID. Ive already done some team league events for the team :)

I wonder, can you play a season or career with the previous hybrid wrc, wrc2 cars in wrcg like in 10 or 9?
Since there's no custom championship..
Just wonder if it be worth getting 10 still on the cheap someday.

Give my controller settings from a few pages so a try, really improved the stock feel. I do agree with the sounds, they're pretty poor but I don't feel it's that bad graphically, of course we may hold different standards of acceptability and be on different platforms.

Less than 3 days now until the first round of league shifting. I understand what @Pfei means with the league system in terms of those who have less time and not able to do every stage, every attempt, every day. I feel eventually it will filter people up and down the leagues to be with people in similar situations with time and stage amounts. It's a difficult balance for them, weighting the points to help those with less time may end up penalising those who do put more time into it.

To my knowledge it's the first rally game with this online format, hopefully it catches on and gets refined because it really is my favourite mode of this game to be honest. I've hardly touched career mode since the qualifications ended.
I'll give them a go. Not had any bites on my FB marketplace ad yet so will give the game a chance to redeem itself before someone buys it!

I see the greatest rally car of all time feats in the daily events. 🥰
Hmmm do you mean the Impreza? Or the Stratos ?
Nah he clearly meant the Fiesta... ;)

Actually it was really good to see something other than the WRC1 cars appear for a change.

The Impreza in Spain was a blast. Even i could get that beauty weaving around the corners at speed.

I've been promoted to Junior 1 in solo this week, but suspect my play time will decrease so probably not for long!

I see GTP finished 57th last week, which is kind of like finishing just outside the playoffs in football. Looks good but doesn't really have any end result...

Well, GTP league still in Amateur. I was 4th in the weekly and did a few dailies (mostly top 10).

I was Professional 1 last week personally, and stayed Professional 1. I only did the weekly (4th overall) and a couple sets of dailies, mostly top 10 and even a P1 on one of them.

I was sure the team would move up, and in solo I would move down. I guess I just don't get how the points work.

Well, GTP league still in Amateur. I was 4th in the weekly and did a few dailies (mostly top 10).

I was Professional 1 last week personally, and stayed Professional 1. I only did the weekly (4th overall) and a couple sets of dailies, mostly top 10 and even a P1 on one of them.

I was sure the team would move up, and in solo I would move down. I guess I just don't get how the points work.

Snap, I can't get my head around it. I didn't do anywhere near as well as you but still pretty good in places. I was 54th overall in the solo's mid week and around the 250s after not playing for a couple of days. Thought I'd at least move out of amateur but no. And amazed that the team didn't move up following your 4th place triumph.

Finally, I've got FFB on a G923. Just need to adjust it to my liking. Still in Amateur after last week. Did the weekly yesterday and had to abandon stage 1 due to wheel issues (rotation defaulted to 40 without me knowing). Finished it off with my usual lower table times in the other stages. Doing a rerun today. Generations has replaced DR2 as my daily rally fix. The stages are better, they've finally fixed the twitchy handling (well, they did that in 10) and I feel like I'm improving. I may be rubbish at Rally games but it gets the adrenalin going!

View attachment 1208440
Someone posted this to try re FFB.

A PC patch is apparently coming tomorrow. No news on PS patch yet.

Full Xbox patch notes here...

I don't think I've got any update ? Anyone else on Xbox ?? It mentions fixes to vibration but it's the same for me, ie I can only adjust main overall vibration and none of the finer details, like road surface etc. I think this is what's holding me back slightly as everything is set to 0 so not much feeling.

Also atm when I go to Solo challenges it just crashes, anyone else ?

Are you able to make adjustments to vibration other than 'overall vibration' ?
I can adjust everything except the pedals but I am on a wheel not a pad, and it now works!
Screenshot 2022-11-16 023154.jpg

The above settings are not my recommendations BTW, I am still in the process of getting everything how I like it.

Last edited:
I am a bit disappointed with the haptic feedback on ps5. WRC9 had great feedback, but in Generations it feels almost non-existent.

I can adjust everything except the pedals but I am on a wheel not a pad, and it now works!View attachment 1208539

The above settings are not my recommendations BTW, I am still in the process of getting everything how I like it.

I cannot adjust anything other than overall vibration. @sirjim73 are you using a controller ? Does it work for you ?

And I've just checked before work this morning, the game is still crashing when I goto Leagues Solo ?

I didn't see it update yesterday, my Xbox was switched off, (but I do know it can update when in power saving mode). I've run the check for updates action but it doesn't find any. I'm wondering if I'm stuck on the old version somehow, hence why it keeps crashing ??

I cannot adjust anything other than overall vibration. @sirjim73 are you using a controller ? Does it work for you ?

And I've just checked before work this morning, the game is still crashing when I goto Leagues Solo ?

I didn't see it update yesterday, my Xbox was switched off, (but I do know it can update when in power saving mode). I've run the check for updates action but it doesn't find any. I'm wondering if I'm stuck on the old version somehow, hence why it keeps crashing ??

Many that have problems with the game after the latest update.

I don't think I've got any update ? Anyone else on Xbox ?? It mentions fixes to vibration but it's the same for me, ie I can only adjust main overall vibration and none of the finer details, like road surface etc. I think this is what's holding me back slightly as everything is set to 0 so not much feeling.

Also atm when I go to Solo challenges it just crashes, anyone else ?
I'm on Xbox and I still can't play at all using my Fanatec wheel. Admittedly I don't play too much outside of driving sims but this is the worst launch I've ever experienced.

I am a bit disappointed with the haptic feedback on ps5. WRC9 had great feedback, but in Generations it feels almost non-existent.
It is currently not working properly I'm Generations. The first patch will fix that judging by the xbox patch notes.

Well guys I think I'm going to park this game until things are fixed.

Not being able to hear the gravel or adjust vibration settings to my liking is seriously ruining my enjoyment. And now the with the online crashing game bugs, well, I can't be bothered. As it's their last game I was happy to support them and buy on release as I've had so much enjoyment out of these games but atm, it hardly feels worth it. I want to play it in its finished state but I feel they may not be too motivated to continue developing and supporting it.

Series S
Controller.
Chase cam.

I only have the first vibration setting available.

However, I now have surface feedback on all surfaces! I had none before (still needs to be at 150 to feel it, but the stages feel very different now) 👍👍

Lighting issues not yet resolved - weird dividing line about 20 feet in front of car remains. If you've seen it you'll know what I mean. Seems to be most obvious in dawn/evening settings. Hardly noticed it at all in the fog in Spain though 😂 not that you can see anything anyway, the sun peaking through the fog is beautifully done.

If it's a viable option, could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game Crynox?

Back