WRC Generations

• Thread starter Famine
  • 487 comments
Now that I finally got a PS5 I can enjoy the WRC games with a better framerate and let me tell ya, it's a big improvement for me. Didn't play a whole ton of Generations yet, but seems similar to the previous 2-3 WRC games overall. Not that great looking graphically even on PS5, but I enjoy the handling physics and large number of rallies to chose from.

Don't really like how I can't turn off the sounds through the controller without turning it off for all games. On some gravel stages the controller sounds like it's making popcorn. :lol:

Got bored of the leagues... modern WRC cars + night or Rain 🥱
So I check out the career mode, play around for ages until I find a suitable skill level.
Decide to create a tribute livery to the 2000 Ford Focus.........................................
- find out you can't use your own liveries on Xbox.
Edit: I did it for the WRC 3 Fiesta and was trying to put it on the WRC 2 one. 😊
(So glad I made the Martini patterns using stickers, so I can do another one.)

Last edited:
Now that I finally got a PS5 I can enjoy the WRC games with a better framerate and let me tell ya, it's a big improvement for me. Didn't play a whole ton of Generations yet, but seems similar to the previous 2-3 WRC games overall. Not that great looking graphically even on PS5, but I enjoy the handling physics and large number of rallies to chose from.

Don't really like how I can't turn off the sounds through the controller without turning it off for all games. On some gravel stages the controller sounds like it's making popcorn. :lol:
In WRC10, the sounds from the controller are louder than they are in WRCG

GTPlanet WRC team looking good this week, sitting in the promotion spots currently. A lot riding on the weekly event to stay there as its worth a lot of points.

Well this game just got a 1000x better (for me) :P
IMG_20221120_001913.jpg
IMG_20221120_010354.jpg

I am currently 6th in the weekly for GTP. Potential points right now 91,675 which will put the team well into 300k.

That Turkey weekly was ridiculous. Forcing tarmac tires on the SSS and then doing two wet gravel stages with those used tarmac tires. I got cremated on those two stages, losing 75s of the 90s that I am off the lead. Maybe for PC players the tires were switching them to gravel after the SSS?

I am currently 6th in the weekly for GTP. Potential points right now 91,675 which will put the team well into 300k.

That Turkey weekly was ridiculous. Forcing tarmac tires on the SSS and then doing two wet gravel stages with those used tarmac tires. I got cremated on those two stages, losing 75s of the 90s that I am off the lead. Maybe for PC players the tires were switching them to gravel after the SSS?
It was pretty annoying. The irony being you could never choose tarmac tyres for that stage in previous games career or seasons modes. Must be some sort of trickery going on with the fast times.

I have never really been able to play the previous WRC game because the controller setting always felt "off" but this game has really nailed it for me and I'm hooked. I feel the A.I is a little easy since even with my poor driving I'm hammering 115% difficulty but it's fun. I have just hit level 100 in career mode and got an achievement on steam that only 0.8% of players have.

Last edited:

Ah, that would explain why I was so slow then... ;)
It was ALL their fault, nothing to do with me being rubbish at all 😂

Anyway, GTP should be up to Junior 3 level next week 🤞

I feel the A.I is a little easy since even with my poor driving I'm hammering 115% difficulty but it's fun.
Sadly I think it's yet another driving game where the difficulty varies depending on the 'track'.
Doing a test career I thought I had hit a sweet spot on 128% when I won the Portuguese rally by half a second.
But starting over I was destroyed in Sweden. (At least you can change it before each rally.)
I like in WRC 2 that the season changes depending on the sponsor, so you can avoid your least favourite rallies.

Ah, that would explain why I was so slow then... ;)
It was ALL their fault, nothing to do with me being rubbish at all 😂

Anyway, GTP should be up to Junior 3 level next week 🤞
Yep Junior 3 confirmed. Just 8 teams in our group and 2 promotion spots available. Going to be tough.

Last edited:
Is there a "Vibrotactile" on/off toggle for the controller?

I can only speak for using a wheel, but after a day of scratching my head and messing about with every FFB parameter I finally turned it off and suddenly had proper force feedback when previously I could barely feel anything at all.

Might be worth investigating?

Last edited:
Anyone know if the various issues such as cars feeling floaty on tar, sub-par engine sounds and whatnot are going to be addressed?

The handling and lack of road detail through a wheel are of paramount importance to me and thus far I'm extremely-disappointed.

This is the first rally game I've bought since WRC3 or 4 nearly 20 years ago and my memory of it was that I felt stark, instant (and appropriate) differences when transitioning from one surface to another during stages. That was decades ago. I mean, seriously?

Thank you in advance for any responses. I sincerely hope the company's going to follow through on such things, as suggested by comments about pride around the time of launch.

Anyone know if the various issues such as cars feeling floaty on tar, sub-par engine sounds and whatnot are going to be addressed?

The handling and lack of road detail through a wheel are of paramount importance to me and thus far I'm extremely-disappointed.

This is the first rally game I've bought since WRC3 or 4 nearly 20 years ago and my memory of it was that I felt stark, instant (and appropriate) differences when transitioning from one surface to another during stages. That was decades ago. I mean, seriously?

Thank you in advance for any responses. I sincerely hope the company's going to follow through on such things, as suggested by comments about pride around the time of launch.

Sounds will not be addressed.

The transition between surfaces is good.

Physics and FFB are good, but the default car setups and the default FFB are garbage. You will need many hours tweaking your wheel to get the FFB to a good level. As a starter, turn centre force to zero. Default car setups tend to have very soft springs and terrible diff settings which make the cars feel floaty and sluggish.

Take the time to dial in your wheel. It's worth it. The FFB is much better than SLRE and DiRT Rally, and even gives modded RBR a run for its money.

The game is, however, unpolished. But the driving is great.

Last edited:
Thanks man; I appreciate the quick response!

I actually spent all day yesterday dialling in the FFB both in-game and on my wheelbase.

Stiffened and lowered the cars I tested, but that's all I did; I'm not a tuning guy and am way out of my depth.

Last edited:
I actually spent all day yesterday dialling in the FFB both in-game and on my wheelbase.

Yes, it's frustrating. Especially for you with the new Logitech wheel. Probably not much info online for this game. I reiterate: centre force at zero. This is very important. Centre force is a horrible artificial resistance that ruins all the other forces. It can be brought up to 20 or 25 depending on the wheel, but leave it at zero until you get the rest dialed in. Tyre slip is another one that is overwhelming and mutes other forces and needs to be toned down (try 25-50).

Sounds will not be addressed.

The transition between surfaces is good.

Physics and FFB are good, but the default car setups and the default FFB are garbage. You will need many hours tweaking your wheel to get the FFB to a good level. As a starter, turn centre force to zero. Default car setups tend to have very soft springs and terrible diff settings which make the cars feel floaty and sluggish.

Take the time to dial in your wheel. It's worth it. The FFB is much better than SLRE and DiRT Rally, and even gives modded RBR a run for its money.

The game is, however, unpolished. But the driving is great.
Would really appreciate if you could post a good combination of car, stage and setup.
Have no real clue regarding setups and it would be interesting to compare default setup with yours.

@Pfei

Hey bro', I see 3 parameters that sort of sound like what you described:

Self-aligning torque
Self Centre
Recentre Force

Which exactly is the one you spoke about?

Thanks mate.

I have a bit of an annoying problem at the moment. in my career save my car is currently down to 0% condition and has been for some time because the game is not offering me any maintenance events. I have just finished the Estonian rally and have 2 days in calendar before next event and have no maintenance events also.

I tried to stiffen the suspension up a bit but for some reason it made the semi automatic shifting not work? like how can stiffening springs stop the car from being able to shift? it would shift fine with the buttons but not semi auto like before.

Would really appreciate if you could post a good combination of car, stage and setup.

I haven't done any setup work yet. But to give you an example on gravel, you will find the Rally1 cars' suspension stiffness all the way to the left at around 30000 on most cars (in advanced setup). Move this to between 42500 and 47500. And the three(!) diffs will be very far to the left. Move those to around 50. This will help tighten up the handling a bit but by no means is a real tweaked setup. Keep an eye on RallyTechnical's YouTube channel for setups. His tend to be really good for baseline setups.

@Pfei

Hey bro', I see 3 parameters that sort of sound like what you described:

Self-aligning torque
Self Centre
Recentre Force

Which exactly is the one you spoke about?

Thanks mate.

Self centre is the one you want at zero.

in my career save my car is currently down to 0% condition and has been for some time because the game is not offering me any maintenance events.

I have seen a few complaints about this (missing Maintenance Events in career). No fix yet.

Self centre is the one you want at zero.
A-ha! Thanks mate.

I spent ages last night using Recentre Force at 0 'cause it was the closest to your term "Centre force".

Can't wait to have another go now that it's clear which parameter we're talking about.

Back