WRC Generations

• Thread starter Famine
  • 487 comments
Ah... thanks again mate.

Was about to fire things up but figured I'd stop by here first to make sure that this time I'll be targeting the correct parameter for temp-nuking.

You're a star bro'. Really appreciate the help.

Last edited:
I reiterate: centre force at zero. Centre force is a horrible artificial resistance that ruins all the other forces. It can be brought up to 20 or 25 depending on the wheel, but leave it at zero until you get the rest dialed in. Tyre slip is another one that is overwhelming and mutes other forces and needs to be toned down (try 25-50).
Where has this advice been all these years, I couldn’t pinpoint the Center Force setting has been the bane of my KT existence. Seriously wow what a difference. 👍🏼

When you said set CF at zero I thought no way that’s too drastic a change, but it’s right on.

However, so far so good on gravel. Haven’t tried the other surfaces yet. In the past dialing in settings for a particular type of surface would throw the FFB off elsewhere. My guess is tarmac will feel like ice.

In the past dialing in settings for a particular type of surface would throw the FFB off elsewhere. My guess is tarmac will feel like ice.

The FFB should be pretty uniformly consistent over surfaces. You will get a lighter wheel on gravel than on tarmac, and even lighter still on wet surfaces. You can always raise the overall force setting 20 or so when on gravel to compensate, but I prefer leaving it alone. A steering wheel should feel lighter on loose surfaces unless the front tires have really dug in, and the game does a decent job of communicating that through the FBB.

Last edited:
Changes incoming for leagues:

Upcoming Changes
Updated the amount of maximum points rewarded per Weekly challenges: 5000 points (was 2500)

Reduced the number of Daily Challenges to 2 per days (was 3). Consequently, the amount of maximum points rewarded for all dailies in a whole week is now 3500 points (was 5250)

Players with a 0 point score won't appear in the Amateur Leagues leaderboard

Added 1 Special Stage on average per Weekly Challenges

Added the possibility to view the leaderboards of past challenges

Good changes. I didn't mind it being 3 dailies but I could see a lot of feedback was it was too much.

For me I just want to see them use more stages and more legends cars. Feel like I've done Lerno on Sardinia way too much.

Tip - if you get to the end of a stage and it says something like "can't update save as not connected to server" and you can't do anything (it won't let you hit "ok"), your choices are:

1) Throw your controller at the screen and grab the new one you bought in the Black Friday sale; or
2) Use the Xbox button to switch off your controller. When you switch it back on, the "please connect a controller" pop up allows you to continue, followed by the chance to retry saving (which seems to usually work).

This avoids:
a) broken controllers which are not cheap
b) having to restart the game and reload the stage.

Anybody try the new update yet? Throttle bug sorted ? Bad preforming replays still present?

According to the patch notes, the throttle bug has been addressed.

WRC Generations | PC, Xbox & PlayStation Update (December 2nd, 2022)

​

Hello drivers,

We are pleased to announce that new hotfixes for the PC, Xbox & PlayStation versions of WRC Generations are now available to download on your clients.

• PC: 1.3.24.2
  • Xbox & PlayStation: 1.3.24.3

Below today’s list of fixes, you will find a non-exhaustive list of the fixes we are currently working on resolving through the next updates.

\----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Fixed with December 2nd update

# Leagues

• Fixed an issue where the timing was set to 00'00" when the player was DNF.
  • In Amateur Leagues, players that didn't participate are not displayed anymore.
  • Point attribution system as been changed for daily and weekly challenges.
  • Allowed users to display the rankings for previous weeks.
  • Optimized tooltips.
  • Fixed the display of some groups being wrong.
  • For Weekly Challenges, Car Setup and Tyre Choice are now taken into account for the whole rally instead of the first special only.
  • Added tooltips in Car Setup.

# Clubs

• Added saving the car deformation depending on collisions.
  • Fixed saving the car deformation after a DNF.
  • The car deformation save is now online.
  • Fixed an issue occuring when using a custom livery in a realistic rally. The fix implies that it is no longer possible to use custom liveries in this mode.
  • For rallies, Car Setup and Tyre Choice are now taken into account for the whole rally instead of the first special only.
  • Added tooltips in Car Setup.

# Cars & Physics

• Fixed a throttle issue where it was only effective when pressed at near maximum.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to accelerate even with the clutch engaged when using a peripheral.
  • Fixed an issue where the car was going backwards after pressing the throttle briefly.
  • Fixed several issues linked to the Car Setup and restrictions depending on the type of car.
  • Fixed some car setup modifications being incompatible with semi-auto, virtually changing to manual.
  • Fixed an animation problem when using a steering wheel peripheral.
  • Optimized using rain tyres on wet roads, they should now give more of an advantage compared to dry tyres.
  • Fixed the display of a Licensing Rallye sticker on custom liveries of the Yaris WRC.

# Environments

• Fixed the presence of an invisible obstacle in Turkey SSS Marmaris.
  • Fixed several collision & respawn problems on multiple stages.

# UI

• Fixed an issue when navigating in the camera choice interface.
  • Optimised the display of DLC liveries and stickers, by adding DLC icon on content tiles in: Livery Catalog, vitrine-showroom, stickers editing list, stickers catalog.

# Audio

• Fixed an issue when choosing the female co-pilot voice in Career and other modes, now the global setting in the Game Settings menu will be used instead.
  • Fixed a sound issue on Audi Quattro and Skode Fabia.
  • Other minor interface and environment sound fixes.

# PC Only

• Fixed an FFB issue when disconnecting and reconnecting the Fanatec GT DD Pro.
  • Added information linked to RT and LT buttons for Logitech Pro wheel.
  • Fixed some Nvidia DLSS option interdependencies.
  • Fixed crash when changing Thrustmaster API setting.

# PS4|5 only

• Fixed users with system language set to Japanese not being able to create a new team or save a new livery.
  • Game Credits updated
  • Fixed the wrong car displayed in Catalog vitrine-showroom if the user doesn't have the DLC
  • Fixed an issue related to waiting for terrain loading when we start a custom race
  • Fix rendering mode not applying when we change it (requiring a game restart)
  • Solo league hub ranking display fixed
  • Fixed a penalty issue on starting race too early after countdown
  • Fixed possible default textures on drivercards
  • Fixed an issue with slider options related to pad vibration
  • Compute number of players/teams going down in leagues
  • Fixed Teams league history period number
  • Fix sponsors objectives won't trigger anymore in shakedowns
  • Prevent crash in PaceNoteManager when trying to go to next pacenote
  • Fixed female audio pacenotes during onboarding tuto
  • Mute all meaningless sounds during the loading

Throttle definitely better on PS5. Game still crashes if I try and adjust the controller vibration up from zero so still can't get vibration.

I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks on me but the audio level seems slightly improved in my chosen view, bonnet cam. Still far too quiet though, I'm talking about sound of the tires on the surface and gear change sounds. However this slight increase almost makes it right, (for me), in the in car dash view so I may start playing again now and try to adapt. I'm definitely slower in this view though :(

Last edited:
I am currently 6th in the weekly for GTP. Potential points right now 91,675 which will put the team well into 300k.

That Turkey weekly was ridiculous. Forcing tarmac tires on the SSS and then doing two wet gravel stages with those used tarmac tires. I got cremated on those two stages, losing 75s of the 90s that I am off the lead. Maybe for PC players the tires were switching them to gravel after the SSS?
That Turkey weekly put me off playing for a bit... how can KT get such a simple thing wrong? I'm glad to see some things have been addressed in that latest update, may have to give it another go.

Love this game !
Thanks to Pfei for the recommended FFB settings, much better.
And to MagpieRacer for the excellent choices regarding stages and cars.
Remember this is just some friendly GTP rallying and just for fun.
Feel free to join in 😊

Default car setup.

E760690F-2A87-4768-9789-ACAE709D436F.jpeg
9DDF23F3-EF62-43AF-AAE8-141A164C2BB7.jpeg
F49A211D-1329-4AED-B871-B3F49454D5DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Love this game !
Thanks to Pfei for the recommended FFB settings, much better.
And to MagpieRacer for the excellent choices regarding stages and cars.
Remember this is just some friendly GTP rallying and just for fun.
Feel free to join in 😊

View attachment 1213539View attachment 1213541View attachment 1213546
Got some times to chase 😁.

Season 1 qualifiers are live now. Solo qualifier is Rally1 cars on Germany (6 stages) and the teams qualifier is Rally1 on Monte-Carlo (6 stages). Runs all week to decide divisions for season 1.

Edit: here's another fun one, Xsara WRC on Hafren, Wales.

Last edited:
Got some times to chase 😁.

Season 1 qualifiers are live now. Solo qualifier is Rally1 cars on Germany (6 stages) and the teams qualifier is Rally1 on Monte-Carlo (6 stages). Runs all week to decide divisions for season 1.

Edit: here's another fun one, Xsara WRC on Hafren, Wales.

Yeah, your turn 😊
Do you remember the weather settings in your Hafren run?

Throttle definitely better on PS5. Game still crashes if I try and adjust the controller vibration up from zero so still can't get vibration.
Played yesterday for the first time since patch, and found this also: still no vibration and adjusting the levels, makes the game crash. To get the feeling this needs to be fixed...

Played yesterday for the first time since patch, and found this also: still no vibration and adjusting the levels, makes the game crash. To get the feeling this needs to be fixed...
When in the menu where the vibration stuff is, hit reset to default and then go back out. That triggered it working for me, just don't adjust it afterwards.

Having a tough time getting the hang of the braking in this game. Regardless of car/weight/power, the brakes feel weak. Maybe it's realistic? Just feels unnatural and not like other rally games I've played including previous WRC titles.

Having a tough time getting the hang of the braking in this game. Regardless of car/weight/power, the brakes feel weak. Maybe it's realistic? Just feels unnatural and not like other rally games I've played including previous WRC titles.

Indeed, you will have to adjust. Braking distances are much longer now, closer to what you feel in RBR. It's much more realistic. In other games like DiRT Rally, SLRE and the previous WRC games it is ridiculously easy to stop the car.

This is a huge improvement IMO.

Back