WRC goes II the Extreme (more screenshots, too)!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 38 comments
Good article that - interesting the comments they made about developing that new animation tool, 'Shiny Shovel'.

Man - TOCA, Colin McRae 3, WRC II, GTA Vice City - so much for budgeting!

"Each car has 20,000 polygons

"We have over 800km of track spread across 115 stages, all built with high-res, photo-realistic textures and double the number of moving animated objects. There's four times the density of objects in the world and twice the draw distance - forests are now real forests and you can see for five or six kilometres without any fogging. All the tracks are built using satellite technology - you can see that we're not creating a claustrophobic 'glass corridor' effect - we're really going for it

:drool::drool:

Dear lord God has come :drool: At least for me ;) This is a definite must buy game for me!!!!

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

h.jpg

i.jpg

m.jpg

q.jpg

A word of warning...the game has just been released here in the UK. I've rented it and found that the cars understeer too much and handle like lumps of granite or lead on castor wheels. You lot may think differently from me, but IMHO Colin McRae Rally 3 is more fun and has a better balance between simulation and fun.

I'm looking forward for the new Colin Mcrae (<-Spelling) game to come out on Xbox. I saw some videos of it on TechTV. It looks awesome!

Originally posted by Impreza P1
A word of warning...the game has just been released here in the UK. I've rented it and found that the cars understeer too much and handle like lumps of granite or lead on castor wheels. You lot may think differently from me, but IMHO Colin McRae Rally 3 is more fun and has a better balance between simulation and fun.

You think it understeers too much?!? Wow.

I'm using the GT Force and think the handling is excellent.

i like the fact that in cyprus the dualshock rumbles so much it almost falls out of your hands :lol: That makes it a lot more realistic. I also like the fact that they have a"challenge" which gets sort of like an OLR tournament.

Originally posted by vat_man

You think it understeers too much?!? Wow.

I'm using the GT Force and think the handling is excellent.

I hope you are talking about WRCII there. The first WRC game was OK, if a bit light. WRCII has cars that feel too heavy and understeer...and yes, that was me using a wheel as well. They seem to be reluctant to go around corners, even as slow speeds.

I'm starting to wonder if everyone else has a different copy of WRCII to the one I rented out the shop... :odd:

Dualshock two works excellent with the game, i have no understeer.

How's the impression of speed??

If the speedometer says 100, does it FEEL like you are going that fast ??

A lot of racing games has cars that ought to be travelling at immense speeds, but it feels like you are riding a bicycle.. S L O W :sleep:

Yes it does. It is apparent especially when you turn corners when it is snowing.

Originally posted by CloneHead
How's the impression of speed??

If the speedometer says 100, does it FEEL like you are going that fast ??

A lot of racing games has cars that ought to be travelling at immense speeds, but it feels like you are riding a bicycle.. S L O W :sleep:
Well, flying down narrow roads at over 100mph, I feel like I could actually hurt myself - I can't play it for too long - I find I don't blink when I drive, so my eyes hurt after a while.

Yes this game totally reeks of awesomness.

I got it for £20 by part exchanging 2 other games that I dont play anymore. Ive only mucked around with the Time trials a bit, but from that im very impressed.

I wonder if Jordan will let me upload some rally videos?

Originally posted by Impreza P1

I hope you are talking about WRCII there. The first WRC game was OK, if a bit light. WRCII has cars that feel too heavy and understeer...and yes, that was me using a wheel as well. They seem to be reluctant to go around corners, even as slow speeds.

I'm starting to wonder if everyone else has a different copy of WRCII to the one I rented out the shop... :odd:
Curious. It's definitely WRCII I'm talking about here.

You do need to use all the lock in the tighter turns, and the car will have a little oversteer slide (easily corrected). I actually really like the handling - and it's quite different for each of the cars. The Evo's not bad - it feels a little soft but it's very smooth.

Back