WRC: World Rally Championship!!!!! COMMING TO THE USA

NocturnalPS

?¿That's Odd?¿
Staff Emeritus
United States
Tx, Alamo City
XRaptor529
I Found this on IGN Looks like we will be getting this Bad A$$ Game this March. I cant wait any longer.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Following from IGN.com

"Bam! Rallies for North America
North America will receive Sony's World Rally Championship courtesy of Bam! Entertainment.

February 26, 2002 - Bam! Entertainment today announced that it has acquired the rights to publish WRC: World Rally Championship in North America this March. Long in development by Evolution Studios and published in Europe by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, Bam! confirmed it's acquired the rights from Sony to bring the ultra-realistic looking rally game to the US. WRC offers more than 70 tracks, all of which appear in the 2002 FIA WRC rally stages, fantastic control, and super graphics.
"We feel that BAM! is the ideal publisher to bring WRC: World Rally Championship to the U.S. market," said Michael Denny, director of external development, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. "BAM!'s knowledge of the North American market and its reputation of distributing solid licensed products made them the right choice to get this great game in front of an even greater audience of PlayStation 2 fans."

"With the critical acclaim that WRC: World Rally Championship has received since its launch in Europe, it would be a disservice not to bring it to the American market," said Bernard Stolar, President and Chief Operating Officer of BAM! Entertainment. "The team at Evolution Studios has put its heart and soul into creating one of the most outstanding rally racing games available on PlayStation 2."

"The World Rally Championship is already reaching millions of fans around the world via a wealth of media platforms," said David Richards, chairman of International Sportsworld Communicators. "The PlayStation 2 WRC game is a critical part of our strategy to bring the true drama and diversity of the real championship to a new audience. We are delighted BAM! shares our enthusiasm for bringing the unique WRC experience to gamers across North America."

"I think American race fans will come to love World Rally Championship racing, and SPEED Channel is the only place to see it," said David Hill, Chairman, Fox Sports Networks. "Besides being great TV, I'm sure the excitement and action of World Rally will no doubt make a thoroughly enjoyable game to play on PlayStation 2."

The game features several key features including:

*Fully modeled 3D cockpits and cars
*Satellite-based terrain
*Photo realistic, massively populated environments and draw distance
*Realistic weather conditions
*Fully animated driver and co-driver
*Deformation and damage to car and progressive mud, dirt, dust *damage on vehicles
*Full 10 degrees of freedom physics driving model "

I saw this yesterday too, you beat me to the punch.. er post. :rolleyes:
I'm with ya on the can't wait thing. I'm gettin tired of playing V-Rally on my Dreamcast and ready for a new rally game. I remember all the europeans complaining because we got Metal Gear 2 SOL 1st, who cares I say. You got this freakin' gem way before we did. Just like V-rally 3, they will get that one first.

WRC Woo HOO!
Bring it on!!

P.S. Thank you Sony and BAM Entertainment

Originally posted by barryf1fan
I saw this yesterday too, you beat me to the punch.. er post. :rolleyes:
I'm with ya on the can't wait thing. I'm gettin tired of playing V-Rally on my Dreamcast and ready for a new rally game. I remember all the europeans complaining because we got Metal Gear 2 SOL 1st, who cares I say. You got this freakin' gem way before we did. Just like V-rally 3, they will get that one first.

WRC Woo HOO!
Bring it on!!

P.S. Thank you Sony and BAM Entertainment
hehe for a while there i thought i was the onlyone who cared that it this game was comming to the US. Hell yeah i cant wait. Well its March now soo just a few more days now. :D

Originally posted by InterCooler
Well, barry, we have to start a racing series on this one as well, dont' we?
I'm getting ready to leave for lunch, I'm going to go by Software Etc. and prepay my copy. 😈
I'm ready :D

Only 2 days to wait now. I'm ready, got it pre-paid and everything. :P
I know some of you guys are pumped about this.

A series in this would be cool.

I have four *****es with this game:
- it's too easy to win the hard championship
- the co-driver calls too late on the fast rallies
- the two player mode is a joke
- loading times are too long

but it's pretty solid otherwise. Driving physics are pretty solid (apparently it's a dumbed down version of Subaru's own simulator - in response to criticism, next year's will be a lot more 'realistic') and it does look a treat.

Enjoy!!

Only 2 days? Hmmm...should I wait for this game over RalliSport Challenge?

Originally posted by Jordan
Only 2 days? Hmmm...should I wait for this game over RalliSport Challenge?
Good question. I don't have an Xbox, but I played the game a bit at Software Etc. and I honestly thought, "hey, it's Sega Rally 2 with much better graphics". The cars had damage though and it did look pretty incredible. I liked Sega Rally and Sega Rally 2, and I haven't had the chance to play WRC yet, but I tend to think Rallisport Challenge is a bit arcadey. Of course, WRC could be too. :Puzzle:
If you can get both and let us know which to buy. ;) I have been in need of a good excuse to get an Xbox. :P

I have Rallisport Challenge and I think this game is great. It is a bit acadey but still. It is like a rally version of Project Gotham racing.

Back