Writeups Dead?

• Thread starter dan0h
  • 11 comments
No, its not died a death, I guess it just takes a long while to read some of the posts on here as most of it is write-ups of enduros or longer race series.
And also it takes feckin' ages to write up a good race in detail!
Haven't posted anything in a while, have been having more fun at Trial Mountain 2hr and Rome 2hr, and still haven't won the damned Lister Storm V12 or Lancia Delta Rally Car!
Just got done with TM 2hr in a Nissan Silvia Spec R Aero. Beat the RX-7 RZ and Supra RZ by a lap, somewhat easier than I'd expected with this car. Think it'd struggle versus the NSX though. (Goddamn it, won the bloody F094/H again. That'll be sold. Going to take on the NSX in the MR-2 GTS now. Might write that one up if its a close finish!)

Go ahead and write something for us close racing fans to read, folks like me and Der Alta, Neon_Duke, Uncle Harry, RVDNut374, Daan, Victor Vance, VashTheStampede etc etc all enjoy a good read. Look forward to seeing something soon! 👍

I enjoy reading them also but I will be honest I dont read them all throughly unless its by Famine or Der Alta or Neon Duke , Daan or someone with alot of intellengence. I do though read everyone else's and I might not read it all but I do skim through it and they are very helpful. Oh and thanks to everyone who takes time to write such long reviews! keep up the good job! 👍

Honestly I've been too busy this fall to fire up the PS2 very much. I did run the PD Cup in a 22B, but I didn't really take good notes for a writeup. The last time I had some room for a writeup, I used it transcribing my RGT hotlap at Apricot Hill for the GTP Insider.

By all mean, please contribute! I love reading everybody's writeups of fender-to-doorhandle action. Maybe I'll get a shot soon. I kind of don't know what to run next, though.

I could start up a running report on my new game, where I'm attempting to complete as much of the game as possible only using the Trueno, the MR2 GT-S, the Vitz 1.5 RS, and for awd... probably a Celica GT-4.

I'm about to tackle the Pro Vitz race with my Vitz, I could do something for that, or whatever race I do next. Would be lots of stuff if I take good notes... a running dialog on the whole game, from less that all powerful cars. Would that work??

I would have to take more notes to do factual write ups. I dont go in to adding a storyline about turning up at a race on a bright sunny morning in my tuned to perfection stock black Dodge Viper with the tension in the air before the start of the PD cup 20 laps of racing.
I will just tell you I won the Midfield race by lapping the l2nd and 3rd RX7s on lap 15 and double lapping the Imprezza, EVO and R32 Skyline on lap 18.
Intersting note is how good the Viper is on tire wear. Its T2 tires have lasted the full 20 laps apart from race one when I put new rubber on at lap 10.

Are you interested in reading about my new game I have just started?

How much info do you guys want?

Yeah... fluff is well... fluff.

It seems two people here, counting myself, could create write ups, but we just need to know what people want, or actually care to read.

Well, you've seen how I write mine. Mostly factual, a little verbal grease to make it read more easily, but no major fictionalization - just a description of the general flow of the race. I always try to report the following:
  • Car/tires
  • Modifications
  • Starting position
  • Pit schedule
  • MOV (margin of victory)
  • Total ET (elapsed time)
  • Fast lap
  • Average lap
Other than that, find your own voice and write the way you feel. There is no correct way to do it. Sometimes I describe the setup/selection process at length, if that's important to the story. Sometimes it's a "jump in 'n' go" kind of thing.

For a good example of a really complete set of writeups, check out Der Alta's amazing Compendium.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I shall break out the Wheel and Pedals tomorrow and have a crack at the 2hr Trial Mountain Enduro... Not sure what to run in it yet, but I'll try and make sure its something I have to work my a$$ off with to win! Thinking along the lines of a Subaru of some kind, maybe the GTB or Blitzen... I know a lot of people have done write-ups of that race, but something about it appeals to me :D

Well, I didn't take good enough pace notes for a full write-up, but here's the best I can muster, from memory, regarding taking on the NSX at TM 2hr in the MR2 GT-S. And I can't be @rsed to start a new thread again 'cos there's an awful lot of TM 2hr write-up threads out there!

Took the MR2 GT-S, with oil change and T2 (Super-Slicks) tyres, ran against Supra RZ, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7, Skyline V-Spec II(R32) and Evolution VII RS

Started out in 6th and during 1st five laps worked my way up to 2nd, while the NSX built a 15-or-so second lead. She (why be sexist about this?!!!! I'm going to use a feminine competitor for a change!) pitted at the end of lap 5 and exited the pits just in front of me, so I was able to take the lead very briefly during lap 6, before the NSX ran out to another 12s lead before pitting on lap 10. I took the lead for a while longer this time, and we both pitted on lap 15, at which point I was 2s back from the leader. However, pit position in this race leaves you (the racer) in the garage directly in front of the NSX, and for some reason although her stop was done way before mine, she accelerates straight into the back of the stationary MR2 and stays there until I exit the pits, wearing the NSX like a crudely positioned bumper-sticker!!!
She more-or less immediately goes past before the 1st tunnel, but this time thanks to less traffic congestion, she was only able to build a 12s lead before her next stop, and a 9s lead by lap 25 when she stopped again.
By lap 30, I'm holding a 2s lead going into the pits, and she (of course, thanks to sneaky AI pit crews!) is right on my tail, out of the pits and takes the lead again during lap 31! We swap places, and I'm proud to say, no paint, again during the next 15 laps until I pit again on lap 45 with the NSX a safe distance behind, at about 8s back. She closed to within 3s by lap 50 before diving in for fresh rubber again (you can use a lot of rubber on a good woman!!!! :lol: ) and from here it was a case of keeping it clean until the finish. The NSX would gain hand-over-fist for a few laps, stay stable for a lap while she hit the wall before tunnel 2 on her 3rd lap on each set of tyres, and then gain a little for 2 more laps before pitting.
By lap 60 and my last stop, I was about 16s clear of her, and after she'd stopped twice more before the 2hr marker, I finished about 23s clear, having completed 73 laps. 👍

All in all, a very entertaining race, and I was soooooooooooooooooooooooo pleased to finally win the Lister Storm V12, that I've been after for months now! (I counted up in the garage, and there's 10 cars now with about 173-178 miles on from running this race!!! :ouch: )

Next project is to keep :banghead: until I win Lancia Delta Rally Car for Rome 2hr!

So Dan0h where's the write-up you've been promising? Some of us are looking forward to a good read sometime soon, alongside Azureman & Uncle Harry's 0-100% threads, that is.

Back