WRS New Drivers and Promotions

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 1,222 comments

Tedehur

Staff Emeritus
France
France
Z spec

The Qualifier Race has been moved to a new (closed) thread, and I'm renaming this thread 'new drivers, promotions and demotions', so that it'll be used welcome new racers and to officially announce promotions (and perhaps demotions, though there has never been any yet).

To new racers who want to qualify : first look here and here, that should answer your questions.

Please welcome our 356th registered driver, peterjford who will run from now on in division 3.
:cheers:

Is this for everyone or just people who didn't register earlier this year?

Is this for everyone or just people who didn't register earlier this year?

It's only for newly registered drivers, but I had to re-create an empty thread when I took over the stewardship. All those (356 drivers) who had already run the qualifier during Kent's or CFM's era do not need to qualify again.

When i ran my WRS qualifier i was told to run a few laps only, ie about 3. The reason was that it gives an accurate representation of how quick you are as a driver "straight out of the box".

Seems thats changed now though as the instructions are

"Do your very best. Running only a few laps will not accurately place you in the proper division. Give it your best shot so that you will be placed in a division that suits your skill level as acccurately as possible."
I went straight into div 3 and subsequently moved in to D2 which is where i think i would have been had i been given unlimited running for the quali...

Any reason why this has changed??

regards

Dave

Actually I didn't change anything to the rules : I simply copied and pasted what was in CFM's post. And that came from Kent's initial post.
Your name appears on the qualification time board as div 3, and on the current drivers list as div 3 too.

However, when I check your results, you were credited div 2 in week 17, then div 3 from weeks 18 to 22, and then div 2 again.
What a mess !

Since you've never been promoted officially by CFM, I'll let you in div 3 for the moment.
I'll go and correct your results in the leaderboard database of mine so that you would always have scored div 3 points and not div 2 (which will change the points score of many drivers).

I will start to examine the recent results next week-end to see who is fast and consistent enough to be promoted to the next division.
I'll wait until week 31 results to make my decision and perhaps promote some drivers. If you've been fast enough for div 3 in the past weeks, you should end up in div 2 soon.

If someone has a better solution to propose, I'd like to read it. Mine will cost me half a day work :crazy:

what exactly is the: all 3 times (T1 split, T2 split and final lap time)
Is it 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lap times? or my best 3 lap times overall?
I've done my qualifying race several times but i don't know exactly what to post yet. I have my best lap time.. I guess im a little confused about the T1 & T2 Split times.

???

The "splits" that Flat-Out is speaking of pertains to sector times within your best lap. For the Infineon SP track, there are 2 sectors and of course the final. The first sector split is just following turn 3A at the top of the hill after the uphill L/R. The second sector split is just before turn 8 which leads into the L/R combo that begins the back straight.

You only need to submit your best lap, (not multiple laps) and save the replay of that lap to your memory card.

Then go to replay theater and replay your lap. You will see the sector 1 and sector 2 or "split" times flash on the screen as you pass these sections of the track. Write down the observed split/sector times and the ultimate final time. Submit/pm them to Flat-Out in the following format:

T1: xx.xxx (1st sector split)
T2: xx.xxx (2nd sector split)
Final: x'xx.xxx

Hope this answers your questions. :)

flat-out
Actually I didn't change anything to the rules : I simply copied and pasted what was in CFM's post. And that came from Kent's initial post.
Your name appears on the qualification time board as div 3, and on the current drivers list as div 3 too.

However, when I check your results, you were credited div 2 in week 17, then div 3 from weeks 18 to 22, and then div 2 again.
What a mess !

Since you've never been promoted officially by CFM, I'll let you in div 3 for the moment.
I'll go and correct your results in the leaderboard database of mine so that you would always have scored div 3 points and not div 2 (which will change the points score of many drivers).

I will start to examine the recent results next week-end to see who is fast and consistent enough to be promoted to the next division.
I'll wait until week 31 results to make my decision and perhaps promote some drivers. If you've been fast enough for div 3 in the past weeks, you should end up in div 2 soon.

If someone has a better solution to propose, I'd like to read it. Mine will cost me half a day work :crazy:

Actually i was promoted officially.....see week 22 results 👍

So ill stick in div 2 if its all the same :)

Unsure why i was told to only run a couple of laps but at least new people are being told to run several if not more....never mind.

Dave_George
Actually i was promoted officially.....see week 22 results 👍

So ill stick in div 2 if its all the same :)

Unsure why i was told to only run a couple of laps but at least new people are being told to run several if not more....never mind.

My bad, you're totally right, you're among div 2 racers since the end of week 22.
So it's the registered drivers list which was wrong. :ill:
I corrected it 👍

GT4 Freak
who or where do i submit my time

i dont understand the power regulations, +20% ??????

please clarify , kind regards

Qualification is done is Arcade mode. Before you run laps, you can adjust the car's power and weight. The +20% is the power increase you can do to the car, which is the maximum anyway. After you are done running laps and think you've done the best you can, PM your fastest, clean lap with all splits along with your name to flat-out. From there, he will determine what division you are in. Hope that helps and welcome aboard.

sorry i dont follow,

send to flat-out? how?

what does pm stand for?

also this is pointless because their are far too many variables to speak of
cant you set a challenge with a stock car with stock tyres and settings,

surely that makes sense to you!

pm stands for Personal Message. So here's what to do mate:

Go into Arcade Mode,
select Time Trial,
Select the Infineon Raceway Sports Car Course,
Go to the BMW Manufacturer and get in your BMW M3 '04
If you dont have it go to Sim mode and buy one
Then once you enter the track menu there is a little red toolbox,
Go in there and up the horsepower to +20%
Then lower your weight to -10%
and change any other options like tcs and tires to your liking
Then DO YOUR VERY VERY BEST!
Write down your best lap time and send a PM to "flat-out" stating your lap time
He will get back to you with the results and which division you belong in
Welcome, GL and I hope it helps!

As far as variables, the ONLY variable is your driving skill.

jump_ace

GT4 Freak
sorry i dont follow,

send to flat-out? how?

OPTION1: Look at the lower left hand corner of any message in the forum. There is a button that says "SEND PM". It stands for.......... send personal message. 💡 Which means that only the person you send it to can read it. It's kinda like a forum email message.
So just go ahead and pick any post by flat-out on this page, click the little send pm button, and BOOM! you'll be in PM mode. :)

OPTION2: Go to the my gtplanet button at the very top left center of your screen. Click. Now you are in user control panel. Look down the list on the left to private messages header. Below that is send new message. Click, and BOOM! you're in PM mode. (I'm starting to feel like John Madden.)

Now go ahead and type in your time in the message pane. You can option to use all sorts of tags, smilies, fonts, and whatever other crap you want to cram into your message if you like. ;)

flat-out is the user you are sending to, as he is the chief cook and bottle washer around here, and if you send it to anyone else, they won't know what the hell you're sending it to them for. So go ahead and type in flat-out's name as the member you want to send the message to, if you have used option 2. 👍

Now for the topic. It should be titled WRS Qualifier time submission, or something like that. So just go ahead and type in the title for your message and hit submit. When a message pops up asking if you want a read receipt, go ahead and agree with the little bugger, and there you go. Your first Personal Message sent! :)

thanks for the info 👍

i am still confused tho...............can we upgrade flywheel, clutch etc?

driving an m3 should be interesting as im only driving the low powered cars since i got the game - i'll give it a go- im sure i can get a top ten time :)

how does this work than - where can wee see all of our times?

thank you

^^^^^

No upgrades! It's in 'arcade-mode' mate.

Only power,weight,'aids' and tyres can be changed in arcade-mode.

Soz guys for butting in, but someone had to reply. lol :)

Neil

Thanks Neil for taking care of the thread.
We can now welcome GT4 Freak, our 357th registered member, who will race in division 3.

Our 358th registered member, z06fun just joins division 2.
Please welcome him.

And Bee is our 359th racer, in division 3 too.
Quick guy : he's already posted in this weeks' thread before I even have had time to mention his name here 👍

here,here!

Welcome to the Jungle!

Neil

I've only just discoverd gtp and these series, well impressed :D been a huge gt fan since about 20 mins after i bought the original.. dunno why ive never sought out other like minded gt geeks :D

im not at home atm but ill be sure to get my flyer in to flat out when i can :)

i've only 2 queries and they're 'no hybrids' in the rules, whats this about? and also the format in which the vids need to be in, ive never transfered pics/vids from ps to pc.. is there anything i need to do to make them the formats you need or will they already be good?

thx =)

Man, these guys are coming in here like there's something going on. What gives?

Just kidding guys. Welcome aboard gentlemen (and ladies, if any present).

bleurabbit7
Man, these guys are coming in here like there's something going on. What gives?

Ask Ash (GT_Fan2005) how long he has been pestering me to join this..

Welcome to peachyquaver is our 361st member, racing from now on in div 2.

Hybriding was possible in GT3 : you could mount the engine of the Escudo in a Mini Cooper for example. I used to run such a hybrided Cooper, which could lap Midfield in 40 seconds.
It is not yet possible with GT4, but the rules still forbid this.
(There is a forum dedicated to hybriding in GT3 here at the Planet).

Then, to send replays or gamesaves from your PS2 to your PC you need a replay device (Max Drive is the most commonly used) which costs about $20.
There must be more info about it in the 'New driver ask questions here' thread.

Back