WRS-OE, Online Events! Next Event on 3/15/20. au Tom's Gr. 2 @ Monza. Details in Post 391.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 400 comments
full

Numb Vemon

Based on GTS Week 104 Time Trial

60355215-4E22-413E-B87F-D66F28C2CC37.jpeg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Sunday November 24th, 2019

World Wide Time Slot

4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific / 10:00 PM GMT / Check Local

Thursday November 28th, 2019

9:00 PM Eastern / 6:00 PM Pacific / 1:00 AM GMT / Check Local

Gr.4 Dodge Viper @ Sardegna Road Track A

D453B747-F0B9-4193-9D21-B1E6813A23BF.jpeg

1D890A05-984A-45C0-B572-04AD6B046266.jpeg

full

A2C9569F-B03C-4B28-A60D-7FEBE19CB57E.jpeg

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by TPC Racing is open to GTP_WRS Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry, join now by following the GTP_WRS Registration!

Once Registered with WRS, Simply hit reply on the newest version of the Race Sheet and add your PSN name to the day(s) you would like to participate on.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:

• Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.
Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:

• Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

Lobbies
-Lobbies will be open approximately 30 minutes before Qualifying starts for warm up/practice.

-Qualifying will consist of 1 out lap followed by 2 hot laps, once your hot laps are completed please stay on the track and park your car somewhere in the 2nd sector and off the track while everyone else completes their qualifying. Leaving the track may cause you to lose your place on the grid. If you go off the track or crash in qualifying, please be sure that when you do re enter the track that it is safe to do so, never re enter the track when there is any type of oncoming traffic.

- After Qualifying has finished we will start the race. The race will be Approx. 50 minutes, Full Race Details are posted below.

- We will start off by not using the games built in Penalty system, for now we will use the honour system. If you make a pass and accidentally mess another driver up, give the place back, even if it means you have to give up 10 other spots in the process. If we find this isn’t working we will move to using the games built in Penalty system, but I don’t foresee that being an issue.

D3429B84-86F6-4FA1-BB15-EBE97C1C10AD.jpeg

full

Official Practice Times
  • GTP_WRS club: Open at all hours :gtplanet:
  • Pre-Race: Lobby will be Open 30 min prior to Start Time for Practice/Warm Up.

Basic Settings
  • Room Mode: PR = Practice, Race
  • Room Title: GTP_WRS Members Only

Room Settings
  • Room Type: Race for Real
  • Fixed Room Host: No
  • Max Number of Participants: 16 per lounge

Course Settings
  • Course: Sardegna Road Track A
  • No. of Laps: 26
  • Time: Default
  • Time Progression: N/A

Qualification Procedures
  • Type: Live Online Qualifying
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps.
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the last driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Race Settings
  • Start Type: Grid Start, with False Start Check
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: None
  • Flag Rules: On
  • Tire Wear: x8
  • Fuel Consumption: x5
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Minimum Number of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
  • Ghosting: OFF
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Real

Car Selection Method
  • Car Selection Method: Garage
  • Car Filters: None
  • BOP: Off
  • Max Power Limit: 428hp (Stock)
  • Minimum Weight: 3,086lbs (Stock)
  • Tires: Racing Hard
  • Vehicle Tuning: Tuning Prohibited: Power and weight are to be stock.
  • Custom Paint, Wheels, Number: Allowed
  • Brake Balance Adjustment: Allowed

Limit Driving Options
  • Countersteer Assist: Prohibited
  • Driving assist: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
  • Cones/Markers: Available / Optional
  • Traction Control: Available / Optional
  • ABS: Available / Optional
  • Handbrake : Prohibited

• After the qualification time is complete, park your car in sector 2 and don’t leave the track.
  • The system will place all drivers on the grid and begin the countdown timer.
  • Please be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Track Boundary Guidelines

Drivers are expected to do their best to stay within track boundaries per the OLR. Mistakes happens over the course of a long race and the random off or two will be overlooked in most instances, but if a pattern of boundary abuse is observed penalties will be handed out which include 15 seconds for a "minor" pattern of abuse, 30 seconds for a "substantial" pattern of abuse, and a DQ for "complete disregard" of track boundaries. In cases where penalties may not impact the driver (e.g. DC), the penalty may be carried over to the next event and may be applied as a 5 (minor) or 10 (major) grid spot penalty.
It's up to the admins' discretion exactly what qualifies as "minor", "substantial" or "complete disregard". Going outside the rumble by a centimeter isn't as serious as a car length wide excursions into the run off area. Factors such as dirty air and traffic also come into play. If you find yourself going wide then the next lap you're expected to slow down a bit more to make sure you stay within boundaries. If you make the same mistake multiple times and you want to avoid a penalty you can always self-penalize during the race by lifting for a very brief period upon returning to the track. Continuing to hammer the throttle after repeated boundary overruns may very well end with a post race penalty.

General Guidelines:
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification. This includes pit entry/exit.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track.
  • If you overrun boundaries by accident, lift momentarily to make sure you don't gain any advantage.
  • Do not complete a pass that was made possible by going outside track boundaries.
Track Specific Guidelines:
  • Same track limits as the Time Trial.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • TPC Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future TPC events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:
635839EB-0AFC-48D0-BAF3-ECED26B87EB7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reserved for Race Results. :)

743FB880-222B-4E86-B787-916CD206AE2F.jpeg

Sunday November 24th, 2019 Results.

B72044CC-2836-4940-AE88-FE652DC16859.jpeg

Last edited:
Sign Up Sheet - Gr.4 Dodge Viper @ Sardegna Road Track A. Hit Reply and Add your name to the Event you’d like to participate in once Registered with WRS.

Sunday Nov 24th Race, 4pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems

Thursday November 28th Race, 9:00pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems

Last edited:
Sign Up Sheet - Gr.4 Dodge Viper @ Sardegna Road Track A. Hit Reply and Add your name to the Event you’d like to participate in once Registered with WRS.

Sunday Nov 24th Race, 9pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems
2. routergod24

Thursday November 28th Race, 4:00pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems

Sundays is 4:00pm EST and Thursdays is 9:00pm EST :cheers:

Ah, TYVM Sir! Fixed. :) Also, added you to the list for Sunday. :cheers:

1. TPC_Pigems
2. RouterGod24
3. GTP_Guido

1. TPC_Pigems

@routergod24 Tha is for signing up man!! :cheers:

It worked better for me before you fixed it. :) Usually I try to race Thursdays but next week being thanksgiving that is a no go for me. I will still try to make it Sunday but @ 4pm it is not as sure as it was @ 9pm.

Ah, TYVM Sir! Fixed. :) Also, added you to the list for Sunday. :cheers:

1. TPC_Pigems
2. RouterGod24
3. GTP_Guido

1. TPC_Pigems

@routergod24 Tha is for signing up man!! :cheers:

It worked better for me before you fixed it. :) Usually I try to race Thursdays but next week being thanksgiving that is a no go for me. I will still try to make it Sunday but @ 4pm it is not as sure as it was @ 9pm.

Really sorry about the mess up man. I hope you can still make it out on Sunday. :cheers:

I would like to sign up for the Ferrari 365 race at NurburgRing GP on Thursday. I have already registered for GTP_WRS

Hey man, Welcome to WRS!! Thanks for signing up, You are now on the NGP race list. :cheers:

Sign Up Sheet for Ferrari 365 GTB4 @ NGP, Copy, Paste and add your name to this list this once Registered with WRS.

Thursday Nov 21st Race

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_Dutchy (maybe)
3. GatorDaryl
4. GTP_EDK
5. NooTiMe72

Is there still time to get in on Thursdays race with the 365's? Sounds like it would be fun!

Hey man! Welcome to WRS! There sure is, I can put you on the list if you’d like. :)

Sign Up Sheet for Ferrari 365 GTB4 @ NGP, Copy, Paste and add your name to this list this once Registered with WRS.

Thursday Nov 21st Race

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_Dutchy (maybe)
3. GatorDaryl
4. GTP_EDK
5. NooTiMe72

Last edited:
Hey man! Welcome to WRS! There sure is, I can put you on the list if you’d like. :)

Thursday Nov 21st Race

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_Dutchy (maybe)
3. GatorDaryl
4. GTP_EDK
5. NooTiMe72
Thats would be great!

Somehow I got dropped from the Thursday Nov 21st list, re-adding myself

Thursday Nov 21st Race

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_Dutchy (maybe)
3. GatorDaryl
4. GTP_EDK
5. NooTiMe72
6. Mybuttersbetter
7. mr_lab_rat

Somehow I got dropped from the Thursday Nov 21st list, re-adding myself

Thursday Nov 21st Race

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_Dutchy (maybe)
3. GatorDaryl
4. GTP_EDK
5. NooTiMe72
6. Mybuttersbetter
7. mr_lab_rat

I’m not sure how that happened, my apologies Sir. :cheers:

We’ve got a good group for tonight! Who else wants to come out and race? :)

Hey man, Welcome to WRS!! Thanks for signing up, You are now on the NGP race list. :cheers:

Thursday Nov 21st Race

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_Dutchy (maybe)
3. GatorDaryl
4. GTP_EDK
5. NooTiMe72
Thanks man

@EDK What strategy did we go with last race? I seem to have forgotten? :lol: Was it a no stop or a 1 stop?
1 stop with at the end of lap 10 with a fair amount of fuel save via short shifting.

No stop was not possible. I suppose it could be on map 6 with short shifting or something, but it certainly would not work.

I think 1 stop is the optimal strategy, have a hard time believing you could make up ~30 seconds (1.5 per lap) by winding it out.

You would also have fresher tires, and save some time by spreading the fuel fill across stops. But still.

And the guys who claim they do not have tires for a one stop don't know how to manage tires. :lol:

EDK
1 stop with at the end of lap 10 with a fair amount of fuel save via short shifting.

No stop was not possible. I suppose it could be on map 6 with short shifting or something, but it certainly would not work.

I think 1 stop is the optimal strategy, have a hard time believing you could make up ~30 seconds (1.5 per lap) by winding it out.

You would also have fresher tires, and save some time by spreading the fuel fill across stops. But still.

And the guys who claim they do not have tires for a one stop don't know how to manage tires. :lol:

TYVM Sir! No stop, what was I thinking? :lol: It’s gonna be a fun race tonight, I can’t wait! :D

Adding new member @Killkennyxc4 to the list, thanks for joining man! Welcome to WRS! :)

Thursday Nov 21st Race

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_Dutchy (maybe)
3. GatorDaryl
4. GTP_EDK
5. NooTiMe72
6. Mybuttersbetter
7. mr_lab_rat
8. Killkennyxc4

Last edited:
Adding @Kevstah2004 to the list, thanks for coming out man! :)

Thursday Nov 21st Race

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_Dutchy (maybe)
3. GatorDaryl
4. GTP_EDK
5. NooTiMe72
6. Mybuttersbetter
7. mr_lab_rat
8. Killkennyxc4
9. TPC_Kevstah2004

WooHoo! We’ve got 9 already and @Sven Jurgens may be able to make it as well. 10 drivers would be awesome, and there’s still 2 hours to go! :D

Too bad, 2 of the top 4 racers got disconnected at the beginning of lap 2. Should have restarted the lobby and race.

Last edited:
Too bad, 2 of the top 4 racers got disconnected at the beginning of lap 2. Should have restarted the lobby and race.
We will discuss how to approach those situations.

Likely makes sense with the long races, but that call has to be made fast, by someone who is also racing.

The other games were worse for this for discos, so we really only restarted when most or all of the racers got booted.

Also balancing being sensitive to time people have, time zones, etc.

Appreciate you coming out, and would have preferred you guys did not get kicked.

Latest Posts

Back