WRS-OE, Online Events! Next Event on 3/15/20. au Tom's Gr. 2 @ Monza. Details in Post 391.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 400 comments
Nootime and I tried to rejoin the immediately, but couldn’t get back into the lobby quickly enough. Oh well ... I like the format (spec racing), so I’m sure I’ll be back at some point.

Too bad, 2 of the top 4 racers got disconnected at the beginning of lap 2. Should have restarted the lobby and race.

Hey man, I’m really sorry that the two of you got DC’d, I agree with @EDK that we should discuss how to approach this situation in the future. I really wanted to restart it once I saw that the both of you had been DC’d, but I also didn’t wanna ruin anyone else’s night if they didn’t have time for a restart. I don’t typically have DC’s in my lobbies, hopefully it was a one off event. :)

Thanks for coming out tonight everyone, that was a lot of fun! Congratulations to @EDK for the Win, great race man! :cheers: Congrats to @mybuttersbetter for the podium finish as well, if it wasn’t for being in your draft for a lot of that race we would have been a lot closer at the end I think, I was able to save quite a bit of fuel for the end. Great race man! :cheers:

Race Results.

F9BAC828-53BD-4F92-A5C1-5EBA91889940.jpeg

8A3AB7AF-FB3E-4CEF-8E34-C09E77B8F8A7.jpeg

5F4EF063-5B13-414B-97DF-0C935D765BEE.jpeg

RE: disconnections, my suggestion would be that if a disconnection occurs before 10% of the race distance has been completed AND more than 1 racer is disconnected at the same time, there should be an immediate restart.
If multiple players are disconnected at the same time, it’s typically an indication of an issue with the lobby ... not with an individual racers connection.

just my 2 cents.

If multiple players are disconnected at the same time, it’s typically an indication of an issue with the lobby ... not with an individual racers connection.
It can also be due to incompatibility between 2 racers, something we have experienced a lot over time, particularly with the international nature of our lobbies.

Like I said, we'll discuss and then decide what we think may work. At a point, we had a to take a hard line stance on the old games, and that's carried over a bit here. You could go on for 30 minutes trying to get everyone's connection to work. I don't think that's where we are now, but we have to figure out what works.

Great fun, too bad about the DCs. I'd suggest to have a party chat going at least during the first stage of the race. This helped us in the past to make quick decisions about restarting.

Also - damn, I'm rusty. I haven't touched GTS or any other racing game for about a year and it shows :)

Also lost about 3 seconds due to the stupid Thrustmaster T300 kicking me out to the PS menu, it could have been a bit more fun towards the end

Sorry I just tripped over this link. Hooray for my my favorite league returning to the track. While Thursday nights are not ideal for me, I'll try to make it when the combo suits...can't wait to get my head handed to me me by @EDK again....still. :crazy:. I'll attach the link to our American guys in the Tour and see if they can fatten up the grid!

Again....goodonya

Sorry I just tripped over this link. Hooray for my my favorite league returning to the track. While Thursday nights are not ideal for me, I'll try to make it when the combo suits...can't wait to get my head handed to me me by @EDK again....still. :crazy:. I'll attach the link to our American guys in the Tour and see if they can fatten up the grid!

Again....goodonya
Yeah, we let @Pigems pick the schedule that works for him.

Hope to see you out there. 👍

@EDK This was what caused me to fall back last race, I hit a Red Turtle shell! :lol: The cone doesn’t show up in the replay for some reason though. :)

Edit: This one was from the first race, get out front a little, mind starts wonder thinking about strategy, and then I miss my brake point by 50m. :lol:

EDK
I remember that one being there, I was doing all I could to avoid hitting those. :lol:

That’s the worst part, I saw it, and could have avoided it, but I consciously decided in the moment to chance it and drive over it for some stupid reason? :lol:

Happy Sunday Fellas!! Who’s gonna come rip the Viper around Sardegna with us today? It’s gonna be a lot of fun! :D

Sign Up Sheet - Gr.4 Dodge Viper @ Sardegna Road Track A. Hit Reply and Add your name to the Event you’d like to participate in once Registered with WRS.

Sunday Nov 24th Race, 4pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems
2. RouterGod24
3. GTP_Guido

Thursday November 28th Race, 9:00pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems

Adding @roamer2629 to the list, thanks for coming out today man! :cheers:

Sign Up Sheet - Gr.4 Dodge Viper @ Sardegna Road Track A. Hit Reply and Add your name to the Event you’d like to participate in once Registered with WRS.

1. TPC_Pigems
2. RouterGod24
3. GTP_Guido
4. GTP_Roamer2629

1. TPC_Pigems

One more and we have a race! :D

Adding @roamer2629 to the list, thanks for coming out today man! :cheers:

1. TPC_Pigems
2. RouterGod24
3. GTP_Guido
4. GTP_Roamer2629

1. TPC_Pigems

One more and we have a race! :D
Thank you for all the work with this races dude :cheers:
Room opens at 3pm right?

Thank you for all the work with this races dude :cheers:
Room opens at 3pm right?

I’m having a blast with these races and learning a lot at the same time, it’s been a great experience so far. Q starts 4pm EST, whatever that may work out to for you, it’s 5pm for me. But I’ll have the room open approx. 30 min prior for practice and warm up. :)

Adding @Killkennyxc4 to the list, thanks for coming out today! :cheers:

1. TPC_Pigems
2. RouterGod24
3. GTP_Guido
4. GTP_Roamer2629
5. KillKennyxc4

1. TPC_Pigems

That’s 5, We’ve got a race!! I may have 1 or 2 more guys coming out as well. :)

Adding @PsycoPhoenix to the list, thanks for signing up man, welcome to WRS! :cheers:

1. TPC_Pigems
2. RouterGod24
3. GTP_Guido
4. GTP_Roamer2629
5. KillKennyxc4
6. TBN_PsycoPheonix

1. TPC_Pigems

That’s 5, We’ve got a race!! I may have 1 or 2 more guys coming out as well. :)

Last edited:
Great race today fellas, that was a blast! Congrats to @GTP_Guido and @PsycoPhoenix on the Podium Finishes, great job guys! :cheers: Thanks again for joining WRS @PsycoPhoenix , I hope to see you out there again on Thursday. Thank you very much to everyone who came out today and made it an awesome event! :cheers:

93216F0B-0EC9-411B-9A26-02490CB64E98.png

44D22D74-4C17-482D-BA20-A20562C1C4AD.png
3EC34E82-F0AD-4DB2-925A-C010567ED432.jpeg

Race Results! :)

35646C1D-EB3D-4679-AF9C-A62E85349084.png

We had a drop in join us today and he seemed to have a good race as well. I made friends with him on PSN after the race and sent him our registration info, hopefully he decides to join us here in WRS. The more the merrier! :)

@GTP_Guido That was an awesome race man, great job!! Did you change tires on the first stop? I changed mine every stop. That was a really fun battle, I hope you’re able to come out again on Thursday for the rematch! :)

Back