WRS-OE, Online Events! Next Event on 3/15/20. au Tom's Gr. 2 @ Monza. Details in Post 391.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 400 comments
Sorry 'bout the late entry, the other half is away and I've got three primary school kids to look after on my own. Wasn't sure I'd have time. Jumped on to run a daily or two and spotted the lobby, thought to myself "I bet we're low on numbers, I'll jump in and see if I can make up the field". No practice, had to buy the car to enter so no practice with the car either. It turns out the '69 Z28 is a dream to drive :D
Had a ball, despite being a lap and a half down at finish. Thanks @Pigems for your usual very professional hosting standard. :bowdown: :cheers:
@Kevstah2004 well done with that lap time. I struggled for ages with that circuit before I got to the point that I could string more than two laps together without some rallycross excursions.

My lack of practice showed, my best lap time (L27) was about 2.5 seconds quicker than my Q time. Sorry if I was a bit of a road block for the very close, race long battle for the front. Great driving @Pigems and @EDK

Sorry 'bout the late entry, the other half is away and I've got three primary school kids to look after on my own. Wasn't sure I'd have time. Jumped on to run a daily or two and spotted the lobby, thought to myself "I bet we're low on numbers, I'll jump in and see if I can make up the field". No practice, had to buy the car to enter so no practice with the car either. It turns out the '69 Z28 is a dream to drive :D
Had a ball, despite being a lap and a half down at finish. Thanks @Pigems for your usual very professional hosting standard. :bowdown: :cheers:
@Kevstah2004 well done with that lap time. I struggled for ages with that circuit before I got to the point that I could string more than two laps together without some rallycross excursions.

My lack of practice showed, my best lap time (L27) was about 2.5 seconds quicker than my Q time. Sorry if I was a bit of a road block for the very close, race long battle for the front. Great driving @Pigems and @EDK
Don't apologize for showing up!

Glad you could make it. Close quarters at this track, was tough on everyone in blue flag scenarios. You did fine.

Glad you liked our crazy combo, the Z28 is a dream for sure.

EDK
Don't apologize for showing up!
Close quarters at this track, was tough on everyone in blue flag scenarios. You did fine.
Apology was for unsettling @Pigems car with my right rear bumper second time you guys passed me. I thought I'd left plenty of room but I must have slowed unexpectedly early.

Last edited:
Apology was for unsettling @Pigems car with my right rear bumper second time you guys passed me. I thought I'd left plenty of room but I must have slowed unexpectedly early.

No worries at all Man, great race!! :cheers:

Thanks to everyone who came out last night, that was a lot of fun!! I’ll get the race results and replay up after work today :)

@EDK You had me sweating bullets the entire race, so many times I thought you were gonna get by, but I somehow managed to stay ahead. What an awesome race man, very well done! I can’t wait for the rematch at Laguna! :)

Reactions: EDK
@EDK You had me sweating bullets the entire race, so many times I thought you were gonna get by, but I somehow managed to stay ahead. What an awesome race man, very well done! I can’t wait for the rematch at Laguna! :)
Great race!

You got me off the line. I had not practice started the car like I should have, and I put TC on 1 at the line, thinking I would be dealing with wheel spin. Pretty sure that just slowed my start off the line and honestly, it's a bit weird that they put P1 driver on the outside here anyhow. I left you room into turn 2, and then ran a bit wide and got wheels in the dirt, so you led the start of the race.

I knew I had pace on you in a few sections, but this is very much a one line track. You talked before the race about running 8 lap stints, so I figured I would just settle in and wait for the pit cycle.

When you ran a bit wide in the final turn at the end of lap 8, I thought you were going for your stop. Your car was not visible to me at all, and so I tapped you at the exit of the last turn while making the pass. I debated giving it back, but it did not look like I really cost you.

Once I was ahead, I thought I was going to pull a gap. But the tires started to give up in a few places and I really could not push that much. I managed to set my fast lap somewhere in there, maybe lap 10 or something, but that took a lot out of the tires and I just had to manage it until the stops.

Then I made an error of my own going through the final turn and you had a run on the outside leading up to turn 1. I took it safe through there, but then you also backed off, and I ended up tapping you (again) at the exit of turn 1 leading to 2. I decided I was not going to hold the position when it was basically contact in defense, so I backed off going into 2 to give the position back.

I went for the undercut by pitting on lap 15. I likely would have pulled it off, but had some mistakes on cold tires on my out lap. I figured the cold tires would be better than the worn tires, but they really weren't.

So you came out just in front of me going into 1 and I really did not have any way of cleanly getting past you, so settled in for the battle.

We spent laps 17-32 all within less than 1.0, and I think the average was likely below 0.5. The only spot that was a legit opportunity to pass was leading onto the main straight, and I just never got as much of a run. I think you picked up on some of my lines after following me in the first stint, so my advantage was limited.

I finally did get a run on the last lap, but it was only good to get us with 0.145. :dopey:

You actually had an advantage on me at the hairpin after S2 split, but I started to figure out your approach there and then worked to carry momentum and tapped you in the back, so figured I would instead just use the draft to stay up through there.

I think there were 4 spots that I was using previously learned tricks that gave me a small pace advantage.

• Turn 3, just after S1 split. Get the car down into the "groove", it's cambered and you want to hold it in tight. Lets you carry momentum and also helps with traction on exit. Wheel spin there can kill you.
  • In the "esses" in sector 2. Take the entry right hand turn in second, then immediately short shift to 3rd on the entry to the left hander. Ride the white line through that corner, line is more important than speed. Then dip wheels in the dirt for the next right. I think you figured that part out, but not the short shift.
  • The chicane of death leading up to the T3 split. I was lifting through that first section and doing all of my braking in the straight after you dip the left front in the dirt. Maybe a little bit more risk, but a lot built up speed could be carried through there.
  • The little chicane before the final turn, I was releasing the brake much sooner than you. You can carry momentum, and you want to just let the understeer/steering lock slow the car for the last turn. Just keep your eyes out to the right and wait for the rumble to appear, and then you aim for that apex rumble and accelerate through.

full

795 Days in the Desert

Based on GTS Week 109 Time Trial

162265DD-D2EE-4322-BE5A-BD9B8E9C9E6E.jpeg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Sunday December 29th, 2019

World Wide Time Slot

4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific / 10:00 PM GMT / Check Local

Thursday January 2nd, 2020

9:00 PM Eastern / 6:00 PM Pacific / 1:00 AM GMT / Check Local

‘90 Nissan Silvia S13 @ Laguna Seca Raceway

36841DEB-A18A-4564-9BB7-E8B8D400BD53.png

full

4319D9FF-EBC0-4E9D-B52D-DAFEDEC20528.jpeg

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by TPC Racing is open to GTP_WRS Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry, join now by following the GTP_WRS Registration!

Once Registered with WRS, Simply hit reply on the newest version of the Race Sheet and add your PSN name to the day(s) you would like to participate on.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:

• Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.
Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:

• Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

Lobbies
-Lobbies will be open approximately 30 minutes before Qualifying starts for warm up/practice.

-Qualifying will consist of 1 out lap followed by 2 hot laps, once your hot laps are completed please stay on the track and park your car somewhere in the 2nd sector and off the track while everyone else completes their qualifying. Leaving the track may cause you to lose your place on the grid. If you go off the track or crash in qualifying, please be sure that when you do re enter the track that it is safe to do so, never re enter the track when there is any type of oncoming traffic.

- After Qualifying has finished we will start the race. The race will be Approx. 50 minutes, Full Race Details are posted below.

- We will start off by not using the games built in Penalty system, for now we will use the honour system. If you make a pass and accidentally mess another driver up, give the place back, even if it means you have to give up 10 other spots in the process. If we find this isn’t working we will move to using the games built in Penalty system, but I don’t foresee that being an issue.

full

5858BD35-72A2-41A8-8FF9-FDD26F3C834F.jpeg

Official Practice Times
  • GTP_WRS club: Open at all hours :gtplanet:
  • Pre-Race: Lobby will be Open 30 min prior to Start Time for Practice/Warm Up.

Basic Settings
  • Room Mode: PR = Practice, Race
  • Room Title: GTP_WRS Members Only

Room Settings
  • Room Type: Race for Real
  • Fixed Room Host: No
  • Max Number of Participants: 16 per lounge

Course Settings
  • Course: Laguna Seca
  • No. of Laps: 27
  • Time: Default
  • Time Progression: N/A

Qualification Procedures
  • Type: Live Online Qualifying
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps.
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the last driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Race Settings
  • Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: None
  • Flag Rules: On
  • Tire Wear: x10
  • Fuel Consumption: x8
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Minimum Number of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
  • Ghosting: OFF
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Real

Car Selection Method
  • Car Selection Method: Garage
  • Car Filters: None
  • BOP: Off
  • Max Power Limit: 171hp (Stock)
  • Minimum Weight: 2,513lbs (Stock)
  • Tires: Sports Hard
  • Vehicle Tuning: Tuning Prohibited: Power and weight are to be stock.
  • Custom Paint, Wheels, Number: Allowed
  • Brake Balance Adjustment: Allowed

Limit Driving Options
  • Countersteer Assist: Prohibited
  • Driving assist: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
  • Cones/Markers: Available / Optional
  • Traction Control: Available / Optional
  • ABS: Available / Optional
  • Handbrake : Prohibited

• After the qualification time is complete, park your car in sector 2 and don’t leave the track.
  • The system will place all drivers on the grid and begin the countdown timer.
  • Please be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Track Boundary Guidelines

Drivers are expected to do their best to stay within track boundaries per the OLR. Mistakes happens over the course of a long race and the random off or two will be overlooked in most instances, but if a pattern of boundary abuse is observed penalties will be handed out which include 15 seconds for a "minor" pattern of abuse, 30 seconds for a "substantial" pattern of abuse, and a DQ for "complete disregard" of track boundaries. In cases where penalties may not impact the driver (e.g. DC), the penalty may be carried over to the next event and may be applied as a 5 (minor) or 10 (major) grid spot penalty.
It's up to the admins' discretion exactly what qualifies as "minor", "substantial" or "complete disregard". Going outside the rumble by a centimeter isn't as serious as a car length wide excursions into the run off area. Factors such as dirty air and traffic also come into play. If you find yourself going wide then the next lap you're expected to slow down a bit more to make sure you stay within boundaries. If you make the same mistake multiple times and you want to avoid a penalty you can always self-penalize during the race by lifting for a very brief period upon returning to the track. Continuing to hammer the throttle after repeated boundary overruns may very well end with a post race penalty.

General Guidelines:
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification. This includes pit entry/exit.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track.
  • If you overrun boundaries by accident, lift momentarily to make sure you don't gain any advantage.
  • Do not complete a pass that was made possible by going outside track boundaries.
Track Specific Guidelines:
  • Same track limits as the Time Trial.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • TPC Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future TPC events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:
452CC9F0-6CF9-4831-B0E5-55DE5D21A20C.jpeg

Once Registered with WRS, simply hit Reply to this post and add your name to the Event you’d like to participate in, or post in this thread which event you would like to participate in and we can add you. I hope to see you all out there!

Sunday December 29th Race, 4pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_EDK

Thursday January 2nd Race, 9:00pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_EDK

Last edited by a moderator:
EDK
Great race!

Thanks man, and right back at ya! :cheers:

You got me off the line. I had not practice started the car like I should have, and I put TC on 1 at the line, thinking I would be dealing with wheel spin. Pretty sure that just slowed my start off the line and honestly, it's a bit weird that they put P1 driver on the outside here anyhow. I left you room into turn 2, and then ran a bit wide and got wheels in the dirt, so you led the start of the race.

I think I used TCS 1 off the line to but quickly turned it off once I saw the car bog out, I thought we were going to get some wheel spin as well and had not practiced it either lol. You’re right, I think me starting on the inside was the main reason I got ahead at the start, Pole should have been on the inside.

I knew I had pace on you in a few sections, but this is very much a one line track. You talked before the race about running 8 lap stints, so I figured I would just settle in and wait for the pit cycle.

I thought I remembered that being my strategy based on the tires wearing out faster than the fuel, but as we got going I realized we could do it in just one stop so I changed the plan mid race. Unless you pitted while you were ahead of me, but I ended up being back out front before we got to that point so I stayed out.

When you ran a bit wide in the final turn at the end of lap 8, I thought you were going for your stop. Your car was not visible to me at all, and so I tapped you at the exit of the last turn while making the pass. I debated giving it back, but it did not look like I really cost you.

No worries at all, it didn’t cost me any time, I was going wide anyways. I knew you were gonna make a move somewhere and you were gaining on me thru those final turns every time so it seemed like one of the likely spots to try it. I wasn’t getting a better exit on the final corner most laps though so I was able to hold you off going into T1 most laps.

Once I was ahead, I thought I was going to pull a gap. But the tires started to give up in a few places and I really could not push that much. I managed to set my fast lap somewhere in there, maybe lap 10 or something, but that took a lot out of the tires and I just had to manage it until the stops.

I thought you were too! And you did for a couple of laps, just over a second I think at the biggest. But once you spent your tires I started to gain it back a little bit a ton a time and we were pretty close come Pit time.

Then I made an error of my own going through the final turn and you had a run on the outside leading up to turn 1. I took it safe through there, but then you also backed off, and I ended up tapping you (again) at the exit of turn 1 leading to 2. I decided I was not going to hold the position when it was basically contact in defense, so I backed off going into 2 to give the position back.

I thought we were gonna go a lap or two at 2 wide there when that happened! I backed off because I thought I had hit you and maybe messed you up, but then you did too so I wasn’t sure what’s to do, so I just just got back on the gas and expected to continue 2 wide thru the next few corners.

I went for the undercut by pitting on lap 15. I likely would have pulled it off, but had some mistakes on cold tires on my out lap. I figured the cold tires would be better than the worn tires, but they really weren't.

So you came out just in front of me going into 1 and I really did not have any way of cleanly getting past you, so settled in for the battle.

Ah ok. I fully expected to come out behind you as well, I was pretty surprised when I popped out in front.

We spent laps 17-32 all within less than 1.0, and I think the average was likely below 0.5. The only spot that was a legit opportunity to pass was leading onto the main straight, and I just never got as much of a run. I think you picked up on some of my lines after following me in the first stint, so my advantage was limited.

I finally did get a run on the last lap, but it was only good to get us with 0.145. :dopey:

The final stint was the best part, bumper to bumper near the entire time, it doesn’t get any better than that! I did pick up on a few of your lines, especially in the last few corners. It definitely helped. :)

You actually had an advantage on me at the hairpin after S2 split, but I started to figure out your approach there and then worked to carry momentum and tapped you in the back, so figured I would instead just use the draft to stay up through there.

I noticed that as well, for the first part of the race I was pulling away on that exit, but by the end you had figured my line out and were staying right with me there. And with you being faster thru the last section it Sam only my final corner exits that were keeping me ahead in the end. That was such a tight race, .135 and 32 laps might a short we’ll be a Tie. :) Amazing race man!! :cheers:

I think there were 4 spots that I was using previously learned tricks that gave me a small pace advantage.

• Turn 3, just after S1 split. Get the car down into the "groove", it's cambered and you want to hold it in tight. Lets you carry momentum and also helps with traction on exit. Wheel spin there can kill you.
  • In the "esses" in sector 2. Take the entry right hand turn in second, then immediately short shift to 3rd on the entry to the left hander. Ride the white line through that corner, line is more important than speed. Then dip wheels in the dirt for the next right. I think you figured that part out, but not the short shift.
  • The chicane of death leading up to the T3 split. I was lifting through that first section and doing all of my braking in the straight after you dip the left front in the dirt. Maybe a little bit more risk, but a lot built up speed could be carried through there.
  • The little chicane before the final turn, I was releasing the brake much sooner than you. You can carry momentum, and you want to just let the understeer/steering lock slow the car for the last turn. Just keep your eyes out to the right and wait for the rumble to appear, and then you aim for that apex rumble and accelerate through.
Thanks for the tips! I’ll be sure to remember those. :)

This was the last 5 laps, but the whole race was basically the same with a few lead exchanges mixed in. What a race! :)

Happy Race Day Fellas!! It should be a great race if we can get get enough guys together!! :cheers: Who’s coming out to race today? :)
I’m hoping to make it today ... haven’t played much over the last couple weeks, so watch out for lots of driver errors!

I’m hoping to make it today ... haven’t played much over the last couple weeks, so watch out for lots of driver errors!

Sweet! I’ve got you on the list! :cheers:

Hi, just signed up and hoping to join in tonight! I've registered with WRS so think I'm good to go!

Welcome to WRS! Thanks for joining! I’ve got you on the list for today’s event. :cheers:

Once Registered with WRS, simply hit Reply to this post and add your name to the Event you’d like to participate in, or post in this thread which event you would like to participate in and we can add you. I hope to see you all out there!

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_EDK
3. GatorDaryl
4. AWaz77

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_EDK

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_EDK
3. GatorDaryl
4. AWaz77
5. TPC_NosOsh
6. NoTime72
7. GOTMAXPOWER
8. GTP_Pokey
9. TPC_Kevstah2004

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_EDK

Adding @NosOsH to the list, we’ve got ourselves a race gentlemen. :)

Last edited:
Back