WRS-OE, Online Events! Next Event on 3/15/20. au Tom's Gr. 2 @ Monza. Details in Post 391.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 400 comments
It’s 3 minute too and we don’t have any drivers yet, I’m calling it. Hopefully we can some guys out for Thursday’s race. :)
Im so sorry, but I had no time to practice until this evening. So I did about 20 laps in this car and I found out, that my abilities are not good enough to drive this car. I‘m just drifting from one side to the other. You will have no fun with me taking part in this combo.
Hopefully next week there is a combination which fits to my driving Level!

Guenter

Last edited:
Hey man, please put me on the list for the Thursday race, Camaro ZL1. I am pretty sure gatordaryl will sign up too. cheers.

Good afternoon Racers,
Yes, please add me to the Thursday race at 9pm (Camaro ZL1).
Hopefully I don’t get dropped on the second lap!
Cheers,

Hey man, please put me on the list for the Thursday race, Camaro ZL1. I am pretty sure gatordaryl will sign up too. cheers.

Good afternoon Racers,
Yes, please add me to the Thursday race at 9pm (Camaro ZL1).
Hopefully I don’t get dropped on the second lap!
Cheers,

Thanks for signing up fellas! That makes 5 already, awesome! It’s gonna be a fun race! :cheers:

On a side note, my ISP’s were in on Sunday and replaced my router and they also repaired something of theirs in the main electrical room as well, my internet has been great since then, no issues at all in lobbies. Let’s hope the trend continues. :)

Once Registered with WRS, simply hit Reply to this post and add your name to the Event you’d like to participate in, or post in this thread which event you would like to participate in and we can add you. I hope to see you all out there!

Thursday December 12th Race, 9:00pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_EDK
3. RouterGod24
4. NoTime72
5. GatorDaryl

Once Registered with WRS, simply hit Reply to this post and add your name to the Event you’d like to participate in, or post in this thread which event you would like to participate in and we can add you. I hope to see you all out there!

Thursday December 12th Race, 9:00pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_EDK
3. RouterGod24
4. NoTime72
5. GatorDaryl
6. TPC_NosOsh
7. KillKennyXC4

Adding @NosOsH to the race sheet. :)

Last edited:
Tonight Race Libby is Now Open for Practice, Qualifying starts at 9pm EST. :cheers:

96598A8B-E2FB-46F5-BE14-001768CB7BB5.jpeg

@notime72 @NosOsH one of you guys asked about the next combo in the lobby last night.

You can always see what's up next here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-time-trials.117/

Time Trials are normally posted on Sunday, and the following Sunday is the first race with that combo. Then Thursday is the race following the Monday Time Trial deadline.

You are of course welcome, but not required, to participate in the time trials. 👍

Thanks fellas, fun stuff. Thought I had a shot for 2nd but then Pigems turned on the afterburners lol.
Good race with you. 👍

I was saving too much fuel and then once you passed me I made an error in dirty air. Braked too late for what I will call turn 8, the left hand hairpin-like turn in the second sector. Ended up in the sand and the car only wanted to spin in there.

We were pretty much the same pace in the final stint, I could not gain on you all that much, but also did not lose out.

Last edited:
full

Al’s Derrière

Based on GTS Week 107 Time Trial

41970B60-9967-4344-A1F5-5F43B6A7A596.jpeg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Sunday December 15th, 2019

World Wide Time Slot

4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific / 10:00 PM GMT / Check Local

Thursday December 19th, 2019

9:00 PM Eastern / 6:00 PM Pacific / 1:00 AM GMT / Check Local

Gr.3 ‘16 Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3 @ Alsace Village

28624DA7-051E-47F5-BF10-7EB83508170A.jpeg

B51847B2-F642-48B2-BD56-335FAC563596.jpeg

full

B5D76C4E-5D3E-49C5-AF32-70B98AD76500.jpeg

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by TPC Racing is open to GTP_WRS Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry, join now by following the GTP_WRS Registration!

Once Registered with WRS, Simply hit reply on the newest version of the Race Sheet and add your PSN name to the day(s) you would like to participate on.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:

• Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.
Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:

• Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

Lobbies
-Lobbies will be open approximately 30 minutes before Qualifying starts for warm up/practice.

-Qualifying will consist of 1 out lap followed by 2 hot laps, once your hot laps are completed please stay on the track and park your car somewhere in the 2nd sector and off the track while everyone else completes their qualifying. Leaving the track may cause you to lose your place on the grid. If you go off the track or crash in qualifying, please be sure that when you do re enter the track that it is safe to do so, never re enter the track when there is any type of oncoming traffic.

- After Qualifying has finished we will start the race. The race will be Approx. 50 minutes, Full Race Details are posted below.

- We will start off by not using the games built in Penalty system, for now we will use the honour system. If you make a pass and accidentally mess another driver up, give the place back, even if it means you have to give up 10 other spots in the process. If we find this isn’t working we will move to using the games built in Penalty system, but I don’t foresee that being an issue.

full

99B573D8-3FFD-44C3-9C93-611FED9272A1.jpeg

Official Practice Times
  • GTP_WRS club: Open at all hours :gtplanet:
  • Pre-Race: Lobby will be Open 30 min prior to Start Time for Practice/Warm Up.

Basic Settings
  • Room Mode: PR = Practice, Race
  • Room Title: GTP_WRS Members Only

Room Settings
  • Room Type: Race for Real
  • Fixed Room Host: No
  • Max Number of Participants: 16 per lounge

Course Settings
  • Course: Alsace Village
  • No. of Laps: 27
  • Time: Default
  • Time Progression: N/A

Qualification Procedures
  • Type: Live Online Qualifying
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps.
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the last driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Race Settings
  • Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: None
  • Flag Rules: On
  • Tire Wear: x4
  • Fuel Consumption: x7
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Minimum Number of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
  • Ghosting: OFF
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Real

Car Selection Method
  • Car Selection Method: Garage
  • Car Filters: None
  • BOP: Off
  • Max Power Limit: 534hp (Stock)
  • Minimum Weight: 2,690lbs (Stock)
  • Tires: Racing Hard
  • Vehicle Tuning: Tuning Prohibited: Power and weight are to be stock.
  • Custom Paint, Wheels, Number: Allowed
  • Brake Balance Adjustment: Allowed

Limit Driving Options
  • Countersteer Assist: Prohibited
  • Driving assist: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
  • Cones/Markers: Available / Optional
  • Traction Control: Available / Optional
  • ABS: Available / Optional
  • Handbrake : Prohibited

• After the qualification time is complete, park your car in sector 2 and don’t leave the track.
  • The system will place all drivers on the grid and begin the countdown timer.
  • Please be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Track Boundary Guidelines

Drivers are expected to do their best to stay within track boundaries per the OLR. Mistakes happens over the course of a long race and the random off or two will be overlooked in most instances, but if a pattern of boundary abuse is observed penalties will be handed out which include 15 seconds for a "minor" pattern of abuse, 30 seconds for a "substantial" pattern of abuse, and a DQ for "complete disregard" of track boundaries. In cases where penalties may not impact the driver (e.g. DC), the penalty may be carried over to the next event and may be applied as a 5 (minor) or 10 (major) grid spot penalty.
It's up to the admins' discretion exactly what qualifies as "minor", "substantial" or "complete disregard". Going outside the rumble by a centimeter isn't as serious as a car length wide excursions into the run off area. Factors such as dirty air and traffic also come into play. If you find yourself going wide then the next lap you're expected to slow down a bit more to make sure you stay within boundaries. If you make the same mistake multiple times and you want to avoid a penalty you can always self-penalize during the race by lifting for a very brief period upon returning to the track. Continuing to hammer the throttle after repeated boundary overruns may very well end with a post race penalty.

General Guidelines:
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification. This includes pit entry/exit.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track.
  • If you overrun boundaries by accident, lift momentarily to make sure you don't gain any advantage.
  • Do not complete a pass that was made possible by going outside track boundaries.
Track Specific Guidelines:
  • Same track limits as the Time Trial.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • TPC Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future TPC events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:
951F6DCA-4ED7-49F7-959C-CFE6C916818D.jpeg

Last edited:

Sunday December 15th Race, 4pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems

Thursday December 19th Race, 9:00pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems

Last edited:

Sunday December 15th Race, 4pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems
2. Woeschelter_Jong

Thursday December 19th Race, 9:00pm EST

1. TPC_Pigems

With only 25 minutes to race time and no word from anyone on here or elsewhere, today’s race will be a no go I guess. Hopefully we can get some more drivers for Thursday. Sorry fellas. :)

Reactions: EDK
Question for the group, What can we do/change to get more people to come out and race? Race length? Race Times? Tire/Fuel Settings? What would get more of you guys out on the track? :)

I am fine with the format as it is. I just can’t do Sundays only Thursday which by the way i’ll race this upcoming Thursday unless any last minute work.

I can attend most Thursdays if you bump the start time to 10PM eastern. Weekends I have kids playing hockey, swimming etc.

Al

Back