WRS-OE, Online Events! Next Event on 3/15/20. au Tom's Gr. 2 @ Monza. Details in Post 391.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 400 comments
I was always tempted to join these when they were active but only ever attended in the Mitsu for week 3 @ Kyoto.. It was Great fun :cheers:

I always think about taking part and then the fact I have only ever had 10 races online with GTsport and my strategy for pitting and adjusting to tyre wear is right out the window haha.. Then I put myself off attending :D Anyway!... If I don't manage to make this one like all the rest in the past? I would like to wish you all a Great event and hope it keeps these races going again on a weekly occurrence! :cool:

Well done Pigems for kick starting these again 👍

:gtpflag:

Thanks man, I hope you’re able to make it out at least a few times. There are no week to week standings or ranking with these races, we will just be racing for fun(pride? :lol: ) so never feel as though you can jump in, I’m sure you will adjust very quickly, just remember to wave as you go by! :D

I also run races on Friday nights that mimic the Sport Mode Daily races were we also just race for fun, it’s always very clean and friendly racing, you’re more than welcome to join us any time, it would be a great way to get aquatinted with online racing, just like these races will be. There’s nothing to lose by having an off night or a bad combo, only fun can be lost by not coming out! :cheers:

Last edited:
I will show for the SPA event and see how it goes.. yep put me down for a seat please :D:tup:

WooHoo! Welcome aboard man! :cheers:

The main strategy for this race will be to pit on the end of laps 8 and 16, that’s about as long as the fuel lasts going full bore. Tires might need one change at some point depending on how hard you are on them. :)

Done and Done! :D

Sign Up Sheet for Audi R18 @ Spa, Copy, Paste and add your name to this list this once Registers with WRS.

1. TPC_Pigems
2. MrP
16. SvennoJ

Sorry mate I should have copy pasted myself doh!! :P my PSN is Mysteron71 so maybe best to use that for the list ;)

Sign Up Sheet for Audi R18 @ Spa, Copy, Paste and add your name to this list this once Registers with WRS.

1. TPC_Pigems
2. Mysteron71
16. SvennoJ

👍

Not liking the daily races this week I did a test run against the AI. The SRT Tomahawk is pretty fast against the R18 '11.

I went flat out first, emptied the tank in lap 7, went a bit easier to pit again in lap 15, then fuel saved to make the 24 laps and pass the Tomahawk in the last lap. Braking points are slightly earlier than in Gr.3 last week. My best lap was 2:03 which was in the last stint while stretching fuel out. An even 8-8-8 should get better lap times. The AI was in the way in the first full power stint and I was still fine tuning the braking points.

Car ready, gonna be fun.
rfEn3bU.jpg

Not liking the daily races this week I did a test run against the AI. The SRT Tomahawk is pretty fast against the R18 '11.

I went flat out first, emptied the tank in lap 7, went a bit easier to pit again in lap 15, then fuel saved to make the 24 laps and pass the Tomahawk in the last lap. Braking points are slightly earlier than in Gr.3 last week. My best lap was 2:03 which was in the last stint while stretching fuel out. An even 8-8-8 should get better lap times. The AI was in the way in the first full power stint and I was still fine tuning the braking points.

Car ready, gonna be fun.
rfEn3bU.jpg

Nice livery Sir! :cheers:

This car is fastest when shifted at around 50% of the shift bar or slightly less, so you should be able to get 8 laps going flat out if your shifting at 50% or less. I’ll be curious to see what kind of strategies people use for the race, multiple strategies are definitely in play. :)

K Pigems Ive signed up with the fetchbot
Throw me on the list for tomorrow,Im gonna leave work early to make sure I can make it!:lol::gtpflag:

Awesome!! You are officially on the list for tomorrow!! :cheers:

1. TPC_Pigems
2. Mysteron71
3. TPC_NosOsh
16. SvennoJ

One more and we have a race, let’s get that list filled up fellas!! :D

@Pigems Im interested in the Nurb GP race, Thursday 11/21 @ 9pm EST. Let me know the next steps.
Thanks, Daryl

Hey man, thanks for your interest! :cheers: If you follow this link you can register with WRS, all you have to do after that is copy and paste your name to the Race entry list that you’d like to participate in, or I can do that last part for you if you’d like. :)

Hey man, thanks for your interest! :cheers: If you follow this link you can register with WRS, all you have to do after that is copy and paste your name to the Race entry list that you’d like to participate in, or I can do that last part for you if you’d like. :)

Looking forward to racing with all of you. I believe that I’ve completed the registration ... would you mind adding my name to the race entry list? 11/21 @ 9pm.

thank you!

Looking forward to racing with all of you. I believe that I’ve completed the registration ... would you mind adding my name to the race entry list? 11/21 @ 9pm.

thank you!

Awesome man, Welcome aboard!! You are officially on the list for Thursday at NGP. :)

Sign Up Sheet for Ferrari 365 GTB4 @ NGP, Copy, Paste and add your name to this list this once Registered with WRS.

Thursday Nov 21st Race

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_Dutchy (maybe)
3. GatorDaryl
4. GTP_EDK

Sunday November 17th Race

1. TPC_Pigems
2. GTP_Dutchy
3. GTP_EDK

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to have wasted your time guys I wont be able to make the SPA event after all.. have a great race meet and I will try to make a future event :cheers:

One more and we have a race, let’s get that list filled up fellas!!
Here's your race :D and I'm confident I can actually stay on the circuit in a Gr.1 car with these settings, just did about half an hour. :cheers:

1. TPC_Pigems
2. Mysteron71
3. TPC_NosOsh
4. TPC_Fudsy
16. SvennoJ

Last edited:

1. TPC_Pigems
2. Mysteron71
3. TPC_NosOsh
4. TPC_Fudsy
5. TPC_Granadier
16. SvennoJ

@Granadier Thanks for signing up man!! I’ve put you on the list for tonight. :cheers:

@Mr P I left you on the list just in case you have a last minute change of heart. :D

Last edited:
Kids get ready for bed at 9 PM eastern. I will check to see if you are under way after the kids are in the sack tonight. No worries if you are.
Al

As long as you can make it before race start you’re all good, Q will take 3 laps to complete so that’s gives you almost a 10 minute window past 9pm to make it! :D

Or shift all the clocks in your house ahead by 15 min! :lol:

I’m in

1. TPC_Pigems
2. Mysteron71
3. TPC_NosOsh
4. TPC_Fudsy
5. TPC_Granadier
6. routergod24
16. SvennoJ

I’m in

1. TPC_Pigems
2. Mysteron71
3. TPC_NosOsh
4. TPC_Fudsy
5. TPC_Granadier
6. routergod24
16. SvennoJ

WooHoo!! Thanks for coming man, this race is gonna be super fun! :cheers:

Guys, that race was awesome! Great job by everyone who came out tonight, thanks again for making it an really enjoyable first night out for this series. :cheers:

9146BB87-2B15-4FB2-934E-F924F67E6170.png

@Sven Jurgens That was an incredible race man!! We were within 1.5s or less for 3/4 of the race!! It doesn’t get any better than that, I’d gain on you in places and then you’d pull away in others, had we both been on the same tire strategy I think it would have been a very close finish. Great race man, that was an absolute blast!! :cheers: :D
F93AEC4D-8BDB-4701-8B81-4B20E3E59829.png

@Pigems Great race! I think we both were on the same tire strategy. I changed tires in lap 8, then didn't in lap 16. It's just controller vs wheel with tire wear, 9 out of 10 times controller loses. My lap times were dropping off dramatically already so after penalizing myself for going wide at Raidillon I couldn't catch up anymore, the gap was growing steadily. I stopped for new tires only in lap 20 or 21 then made up some time while you were struggling with your tires I think but that was far too late.

Lesson learned for next time, always change tires for me! Fun race!

Btw why did my car say (Le mans) in the description. Did I have the wrong one or some special livery I painted over :lol:

@Pigems Btw why did my car say (Le mans) in the description. Did I have the wrong one or some special livery I painted over :lol:
The (Le Mans) version is identical except for the livery as far as I can tell, performance specs are the same but I didn't check gearing and suspension. It was probably a prize on the wheel of (mis)fortune, I have one from there. I bought a "standard" one to do a livery on. Only the standard one is available in brand central I think.

Edit: Checked car settings, identical suspension and gearing too. It looks like you painted over a limited edition livery :crazy: :lol:

I had a blast despite losing more than two seconds a lap to the next slowest place for most of the race. Managed the full 24 laps with no spins and only a few minor track limit excursions, that's an extraordinary performance for me in Gr.1 cars. That Audi is so easy to drive compared to most of that class.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back