GTP_WRP001
WRSOENew3D3.png

Presents...

The Event Selection Thread

for

WRS-OE Greatest Hits - The GT5 Finale

on

November 23-24, 2013

We want to run your most favorite races one last time in GT5 before laying the game to rest in December.

We need your input so we're going to ask drivers to pick their favorite events in a two stage voting process:

1. First, each driver should nominate their favorite 4 events from the List of Eligible Historical Events*. Voting in the nomination round is open immediately and runs through October 10, 2013.
  2. Finally, the top 8 nominated combos will advance to the finals with voting starting October 11th and running through October 31st. The top 3** from this final round will be selected for the Greatest Hits Weekend.

*Ineligible events include F1 races and mixed class enduros.
**A 4th event will be selected by the stewards. (Stewards may also vote in both rounds above).

In the event of a tie in the final voting round, the event with the highest number of nominations will advance. If that is tie then the winner will be chosen at random using a list randomizer.

Two of the four selected events will get "extended" treatment (~75 mins). Probably, the highest two finishers in the final round of voting, but the stewards reserve the right to choose based on which combo best works with the extended format.

Use the submit button below to vote for your favorite (subsequent votes replace your first vote, you must be on the online driver registry to vote):

Submit Your Final Vote

eventXIX_finalsvoting.png

eventXIX_finalsvotinglog.png

Nomination Results

eventXIX_nominations.png

eventXIX_nominationslog.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Any event will do essentially. It will be a proper send off to GT5 because of the drivers participating. Without all the drivers who have raced the past 2 years we would have less fond memories than we have today. I voted for a couple I drove and one I know will be fun and deliver close racing.

NOTE: You are welcome to change votes based on what other people have nominated right up until the deadline... just submit the form again and your lattest vote will override any previous ones.

Just submitted my nominees.
I just love the Nurburgring :dopey:

Nice one 👍 I think you need to resubmit your choices with the week number in front of the title, because I don't see your votes in the upper table.

Nice one 👍 I think you need to resubmit your choices with the week number in front of the title, because I don't see your votes in the upper table.

Thanks Bart, didn't notice it in the form :dunce:
Re-submitted my votes.

Sorry Daniel (Aspec) you can't rig the voting and pick the same combo 4 times. Your first pick has been retained, but the others have been removed. Please try again.

PS> The system automatically checks for double votes now and throws out all of that drivers votes if he nominate the same combo twice.

Last edited:
Daniel's a hacker, but we're to blame for not thinking of all the ways hackers might hack us! :sly:

I'll probably vote for 4 of the many that I didn't get to run this year. So many choices! :)

Daniel's a hacker, but we're to blame for not thinking of all the ways hackers might hack us! :sly:

No, our drivers aren't supposed to try and hack our systems.

just submitted with these:

Nord Dream Combo -- its the ring.... in a Ferrari!
Finale di Enzo -- was my first OE, want to see how much better I can do now.
WRS World Cup - Spa -- had a very poor race in the champ, want to make up for it!
Pocket Rocket -- I had a lot of fun in this race, made some silly mistakes which cost me a shot for the podium, want to have another attempt!

No, our drivers aren't supposed to try and hack our systems.

And they are to be commended for that; as Bart said, the fun we've had is due in large part to our great community of drivers first, the top-notch organization a close second, and the combos all being well-selected and thought-out a close third. 👍

I was just making a joke/parallel to the rage happening in this thread. ;)

I know... it's no big deal... I'm working on a persistent and nagging bug in my real world code (you know where they pay me to do it :sly:) at the moment and it's getting the better of me... I'm so frustrated I'm at the point where I'm hoping a windows reboot fixes it without any other ideas. :mad:

EDIT: A windows reboot on the server fixed the bug. I should send MS a bill for the last 4 hours of my life trying to track down a bug that wasn't a bug.

Last edited:
Submitted the following events:

Extra Kink[y]! - The GSX-R/4 is probably the most fun car I've driven to date, especially around Tsukuba.
Lucky 7's - Love the car, love the track, and my first near-victory result in the TT.
Harmonious Balance - Busy preparing for GT Academy national finals at the time. Sounds like it should be a lot of fun.
Rock the KazSpa - More to fill up the fourth choice, I quite liked the look of this one.

Submitted, chose Everybody's Golf first. I got to do the TT and liked it, but had to travel for work and missed the race. I heard it was a very fun race.

Note... if TZ2,TZU ends up being one of the chosen combos we have the option to run that one with tuning prohibited. We actually ran it both ways in the past. For the "WRS vs Series X" event we ran tuning prohibited and for the weekly race we ran it with full tuning. I'm not sure the tunes still apply (it was quite a few updates ago) so we may be better of with tuning prohibited regardless, but it may depend if all the other chosen events also allow tuning.

Presumably the table will only show the top 25? Gunna be alot of tracks with 1 vote that never see the light of day :D

Presumably the table will only show the top 25? Gunna be alot of tracks with 1 vote that never see the light of day :D

You can see them all in the nomination log though.

A windows reboot on the server fixed the bug. I should send MS a bill for the last 4 hours of my life trying to track down a bug that wasn't a bug.

A wise system administator once said to me: 'When in doubt, reboot. It fixes 99% of problems.' This has helped me make deadline on more than one unfixable bug! 👍

Just changed my vote, trying to bump a few front and middle runners into confirmed territory.

Changed Alfa 8C@Spa to ZR1 RM@Spa
Kept Everybody's Golf
Changed my full-Italian vote (Finale di Enzo) to a half-Italian vote (TZ2, TZU)
Gave up on my solitary vote for Twin Ring Twin Ring for GT Breeze Freeze.

C'mon people, let's get that Le Mans Dream Car Enduro up there! (yeah, I know, I would make an awful politician...)

By request, added the latest event "SPF 136" to the choices.

PS> For the nomination round, if there is a tie for 8th, all events with the same number of votes will make the final round of voting. The finals will have some sort of tie breaker for the top 3 of course.

I noticed a few of the driver's votes were not being recognized because they weren't entered as an exact match so I cleaned those up and we have a slightly altered rank now... Finale di Enzo and Nordschleife Dream Combo gained a few votes and move into the top 8.

I changed my vote, mainly getting rid of a couple that counted less, and trying to lift some that I like up the list.

Also, I got my Autumn Ring fix tonight, to decided to back off of the Lotus. Good thing I wasn't mid corner. ;)

Back