WRS Pit Stop - Chit Chat thread.

• Thread starter CFM
  • 568 comments

CFM

Got something on your mind? Wanna BS with your fellow WRS drivers? Say what's on your mind in here from sports to news to what you ate for lunch. Whatever you want to discuss, post it in here. Please keep all split time discussions in the appropiate week's race thread, however. Thanks.👍

Well I'd just want to say I hope everyone watches the week-ends MOTOGP race on Sunday, it's the best racing series in the world at the moment I think ! Racing is just much more closer than F1 ! And you better root for Honda ! haha 👍

Is this the place to Chat about all our Chit? ... hehehe

Anyway, just wanted to post a kudos to CFM and the rest of the moderators here. You all are doing a great job.

It's really quiet in here today, but it is a good thing.

kragbees
Well I'd just want to say I hope everyone watches the week-ends MOTOGP race on Sunday, it's the best racing series in the world at the moment I think ! Racing is just much more closer than F1 ! And you better root for Honda ! haha 👍
Best racing series!? No way. Give me the V8 Supercars any day. Now they would make a great WRS race. It's a pity there's only one in GT4 and an old one at that, but at least it's my favorite driver - Go Seto!!

somebody
Best racing series!? No way. Give me the V8 Supercars any day. Now they would make a great WRS race. It's a pity there's only one in GT4 and an old one at that, but at least it's my favorite driver - Go Seto!!

Which car are you referring to?

the Ford Falcon XR8, of course! Silly just-graduated-today-goose! Ugh, two more years of this hell they call high school! *shakes fist at kenny*

kennythebomb
Which car are you referring to?
I'd say Ford Falcon? It's that ugly white thing you find under Ford OZ.

I prefer the looks of the new Fords and Holden Monaros. Too bad they only show V8 SuperCars, Super GT, and BTCC on digital cable here, which I can't get at my place. :(

Ah well, guess WTCC, DTM, WRC and F1 broadcasts will have to do for me (and the occasional peek at SuperMoto and MotoGP, of course ;) ).

-------------

EDIT:
You beat me to it, Studentdriver! *curses* :dopey:

Hey, I just wanted to make a shout out to any and all interested WRS drivers to stop on by the GT4 Drifting forums if they get a chance. Anybody interested in drifting should take a look at the DPC-Drift Photo Competition. Lately the WRS has been doing well in the competition... Famine won last week, and I won this week. Let's show those guys over in the drift forums that we can do more than just drive fast! There is a link to the DPC in my sig.

Did anyone know that Famine was a drifter? :eek: that sneaky bugger ;)

Edit: Nevermind, I see it is a photo contest :ouch: :lol:

Studentdriver
the Ford Falcon XR8, of course! Silly just-graduated-today-goose! Ugh, two more years of this hell they call high school! *shakes fist at kenny*

haha, isn't that under australia? Don't race those cars very often...

I watched some of the V8 racing, and must say it's quite cool, but to do 330km/ph on a bike and not in a car to me is unreal ! And that's side by side with 15 other mad people :dopey: I guess I've just got a love for bikes,cars, anything with wheels haha.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that if you are interested in seeing hOt6o4bOi's replays from WRS I will be putting them on my server. I will have both the .max and .mpg replays for you to use and abuse as you like :). However, I will only ahve enough room for the most current 10 weeks at a time, so incase you just woke up that means that once we hit week 11 week 1 will be gone (that is if he even gets me week1 in time) so.....I recommend you guys ddl both replays ONCE and keep them on your HDD plz as I don't want to max out my bandwidth for the month. And I will eventually be 'jazzing' up his page as he sends me pics and such. Oh, and here's the addy:

www.jumpace.com/gt/bOi

for my main page; www.jumpace.com/gt and I'll have some settings and game saves and replays there as well. I mainly use sharkport, but I also have codebreaker and ARMax if you need them as well. That's it for now. Piece Owt!

jump_ace

kragbees

F1 totally owns MGP, 4 wheels are better than 2, yeah it might not be as close but i does get close and the races are a dam site more thrilling :P

id have F1 over MGP anyday :D

jump_ace
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that if you are interested in seeing hOt6o4bOi's replays from WRS I will be putting them on my server. I will have both the .max and .mpg replays for you to use and abuse as you like

Excellent!

Thank you for the link.

no sweat. :)

jump_ace

Hey guys, I thought this would be a good place for the subject of this post...

You see, I want to avoid the fanboys of the gt4/5 forums and I want to avoid the tech-junkies of the ps2/3 forums.

Soooo....

I was wondering.
Do you all think it is possible that GT4 is a PS3 GT game with the claws removed?

I mean...
The PS2 can't process this game with 6 cars on screen at once, nor can it process by-standers running out of the way during tight rally races.

Beyond that, I am sure that the online mode was scrapped simply because you can't have problems like what's above and expect the online play to work properly.

So...
Why would they set this game up for such high-end graphics and gameplay?

Is it possible that this is the blue print for GT vision / GT5?

With the PS3's power all of the problems above would be destroyed and the online mode would work without any sort of trouble from the console.

What do you all think?

Is it possible that PD was trying to push out one last version of GT on the ps2 for profit's sake, while at the same time, testing their work for the next gen consoles?

Last thought:
GT2 comes out -> Development for GT2000 is rumored -> PS2 comes out -> GT2000 rumors vanish -> GT3 comes out on ps2.

Did PD have a GT2000 project that got scrapped?
Did PD learn from that experience?

I leave all of these thoughts on the WRS pit stop chalk board for the sake of discussion.

So what do you all think?

jump_ace
I recommend you guys ddl both replays ONCE and keep them on your HDD plz as I don't want to max out my bandwidth for the month.
You do realise that you can use Windows Media Encoder to make the files smaller, don't you? I got the 'ring video down to 24mb from 59mb with no loss in quality.

Hey Dann can you PM me that info on the Windows Media Encoder? I'd really appreciate it!

jump_ace

I think I have it figured out daan, thx for the heads up, great tip!

jump_ace

Kent
With the PS3's power all of the problems above would be destroyed and the online mode would work without any sort of trouble from the console.

I'm not too sure about GT4 being a 'blueprint' for GT5, but it sort of makes sense. PS3 should be out within a year or so (well shorter than the life cycle of a GT game), and Polyphony was under pretty big pressure to ship GT4 (a year behind schedule, which means over-budget), obviously leaving a number of things unfinished (online) or poorly tested (changing units only changes them in a few places). PD figures, ship *something* now, and make some money while they continue working on the game. Leave out online play, as they know that it'll be a huge selling feature, and a reason for people to buy GT5 only a year after they paid for GT4, when the PS3 comes out. Plus, it saves them the headache of having to support online play for PS2/GT4 when the PS3 comes out (i.e. save a ton of money).

I highly doubt that online play was left out for technical reasons related to the console (the network, maybe). In any network game, each node can process stuff a bazillion times faster than it can communicate with the server and/or other nodes. Lots of FPS games have online play on the PS2, which requires just as much processing, and just as lag-free connections as GT4 would. But, for those FPS games, the 'single player' mode isn't generally interesting to keep someone's attention for very long, so online play is absolutely necessary. GT4, on the other hand, has the fact that even playing by one's self, the game is never really 'over' ... so while online play would be cool, the game can survive without it.

There you go, Kent, that's my $0.02 :D

Hopefully when they modeled all of the cars and tracks for GT4, they did it at a very high detail that would be suitable for PS3, and 'dumbed' them down for the PS2. If that's the case, then they would already have 700 cars modeled for GT5 on PS3, which would leave more time to work on the important stuff. Like in-car dash view, manual transmission with an actual clutch pedal, online support, and improved AI. Hey, a guy can dream, right?

kragbees

lol will do. Is it at lemans?

boombexus
Thanks Fryz. 👍

Real life was keeping me very busy.:grumpy:

Looking forward to racing 👍
Last time we raced you were miles ahead, Looking to redeem myself :sly:

Its great to see all 3 "generations" of WRS Head "dudes" all active 👍

Kent @ your question i agree with you and Luke :cheers:

Hey all,
What's up?

What time is it for all of you who are in here?
About 12am here. :D
Not too late or anything but certainly an interesting point in the night.

Just sitting back with a bud light and the rally d' capri on easy.
Probably one of the best money makers in the game. :sly:
265,000 credits per RSC rally car (prize car) ... with only 2 2-lap races to get it!

Anyway, I was just kinda bored and figured it would be a good time to start up a little chatting.

Any of you know a great money maker for the quick fix?
Just don't say DTM. :lol:

Later.

Latest Posts

Back