WRS Pit stop: Want to Chat? - Need Help? = Post Here

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 808 comments

Tedehur

Staff Emeritus
France
France
Z spec
The WRS Pit Stop is the place where we can discuss topics that are not exactly related to the WRS racing, exactly what the chit-chat thread was in the past.

Please keep in mind that the AUP are still applicable here, and that though this is dedicated to off-topic matters, there are on GTP specialized forums that can be more appropriate to what you intend to post. Don't post here what can be more conviently post elsewhere.
Make sure before posting that a majority of WRSers are likely to be interested in your post, and better use a PM if it's not the case.

You can always PM me in case you have further questions.

Very appropriate name!

BTW

I was wondering what other racing games you guys play, and if you have ever tried a PC sim before?

Small_Fryz
Very appropriate name!

BTW

I was wondering what other racing games you guys play, and if you have ever tried a PC sim before?

I was playing a lot on PC 15 years ago, and mainly adventure games or RPGs. The problem with playing on a PC is that it costs a lot of money if you want to play the latest games : a memory upgrade every 6 months, a new video board every year, etc.
I had made a comparison a few years ago, and I chose to play on console because it was much cheaper in the end.

So far, PC sims offer much better online play, as well as a mod community which adds many tracks and cars. That plus the better phycis makes it worth it if you can afford a decent PC. GT4 is brilliant car game if thats all you played, but after youve played some good PC sim's your entire outlook on GT4 changes dramatically.

I'm in Flat-O's corner. I don't have the time or money to keep up to date with all the computing trends. It's also so much easier to just fire up the console and play.

I do play GPL occasionally, although, it's quite difficult with a keyboard. I used to play Grand Prix 2 alot more then was healthy. I will load GT2 or Toca 2 into my PS2's tray if I'm feeling bored with GT4.

I play PC games A LOT! I mean A REALLY LOT!

Mainly first person shooter's, F.E.A.R., half-life2, Far Cry etc,etc.

However I do also play driving sims on the PC too, GTR, TOCA race driver 1 &2 etc.

And I have a Logitech Formula Force wheel for the PC too!

Neil

If you guys have the rig to run GT Legends you should seriously consider buying it, as it would be lots of fun to be able to race you guys online!! 👍

I dont really play much FPS, im a mediorce player, good enough to finish games like F.E.A.R and such but nothing uber. I did play a fair bit of Enemy Territory and bit of Battlefield 2 though now i have GT Legends i spend my PC time playing that 👍

Haven't tried GT legends yet, might be my next PC buy though.

GTR is great, hard core, but great!

Neil

Electric.......
Anyone still playing Live For Speed?
I do.
I do. I just started playing it about a month and a half ago. Never really got into it, at first, due to keyboard and mouse just plain sucking at it. I then bought a Saitek controller, thinking it would be as easy as GT4 to play. Nope, didn't work either. The wheels had a lock-to-lock time of half a nanosecond and the man inside the car was twisting his arms like he was on some nasty drugs :D

Therefore, I decided to take the big step. I got myself a DFP, so that I can take advantage of it for both PC and PS2 games, and it's the best decision related to gaming I could have ever made.

Live for Speed it's absolutely amazing with the wheel. I don't play it online, yet, because I am still not good at it. Right now I am racing with a friend of mine back home (in Italy), while I am stuck here in the U.S. for college, until May, when I can finally go back home for the Summer. We just challenge each other and do something equivalent to the WRS. I moderate one week, he moderates the other :D

Anyway, other games that I play are RPG's, for PC. I am addicted to them. It's too bad there is only just a few (too few) that are good and that most of them are online only. That sucks. You have to pay for the game and THEN you have to pay for the online monthly subscription as well. Nope, won't do it. I'd rather play the 2-3 good ones that are Single Player. Then, of course, all the car games: TOCA, GTR, rFactor, NfS (some Arcade is good, once in a while ;)). I used to be in FPS games, but I got tired of it. Played to much Half-Life and all the mods I could found for it, once. Now they just disgust me. They are all the same, anyway. Point, shoot, kill, walk, solve the random puzzle. Not for me anymore. I'd rather play RPG's - yes, they are essentially point, shoot, kill, walk, solve the random puzzle, too, but they have something more: you get to level up, wear tons of magical items, and you become a semi-god :D

Anyway, for PS2 I play, of course, the GT series (only have played GT3 and GT4, though), all the non-online Final Fantasy games and Xenosaga. That's about it.

The Wizard.

Yes Wiz,

50% and 100% of both mild and strong for the FF

Power assist doesn't change the way the steering works/moves. What it does is help you by reducing the force required to go from steering-countersteer-steering.
It reduces how much the wheel resists your inputs, without effecting the force-feedback levels.

Also don't fret about breaking at, it's designed to take it, apparently!
Very few get returned for the gears breaking, mainly a connection problem with the pedels!

Neil

I see. I might give it a try, then 👍

Anyway, thanks for all the help and useful comments, Neil. I really appreciate it. I owe you a beer, some day ;) :cheers:

The Wizard.

Evening Guys. Went to the shop today for lunch. Come back with a 500$ phone. Why do I always do this...

Anyway, I brought a Sony Ericsson K750i. I thought I'd post a picture I took off it because I'm amazed of the picture quality.

carsmall2fg.jpg

Just went outside and took a picture of my mother's car. The original is actually 1632 x 1224 The only downside is that on maximum quality, the image sizes are well over 1MB, and so far I only have a 64mb memory stick.

EDIT: One question someone might know. It is alright to leave these phones to charge overnight? I used to leave my Nokia charging for days sometimes and it didn't effect it. But I've never had a Sony before so it might be different.

If the baterry is Li-lon or Li-polimer,nothing should happen.(Correctrion-nothing will happen,because Lithium-Ion batteries and Lithim-polimer batteries have no memory effectv like Ni-Mh ones.)
But,I advise you that for first few times you drain the battery fully,and then recharge,because that will make your phone battery last longer.
After those few(and I mean few as first 2 or 3 times),you can recharge any way you want.
I mean,you can recharge any way you want right now but I already said way you should not.

And congrats on a fantastic phone.I'm still stuck with a Nokia 3650 lol....

Casio
Evening Guys. Went to the shop today for lunch. Come back with a 500$ phone. Why do I always do this...

Anyway, I brought a Sony Ericsson K750i. I thought I'd post a picture I took off it because I'm amazed of the picture quality.

Just went outside and took a picture of my mother's car. The original is actually 1632 x 1224 The only downside is that on maximum quality, the image sizes are well over 1MB, and so far I only have a 64mb memory stick.

EDIT: One question someone might know. It is alright to leave these phones to charge overnight? I used to leave my Nokia charging for days sometimes and it didn't effect it. But I've never had a Sony before so it might be different.

Hey man, good job on the phone, I too have a a K750i and I love it. I've charged mine many a time over night and it's fine 👍

Electric.......
And congrats on a fantastic phone.I'm still stuck with a Nokia 3650 lol....

They're not half bad. Runs S60 if I recall. I had the Nokia N-Gage for 2 years that ran S60 before it broke. Was great, could run full length DivX Movies, load up over 100 Mp3s, played some great games too. But in the end, I couldn't use a headset, or if I could only one ear worked, and a couple of weeks ago the On/Off button stopped working and it was stuck on silent, and I didn't want to risk turning it off incase I couldn't start it again.

But it was a great phone, I threw it around, dropped it everywhere and had not a scratch on it, I hope this new one is as good.

I've got the W800i (looks bloody ugly but it's got 512MB built-in memory), with a 2MP camera ... it's basically a newer K750i I think.

I play lots of PC games with my DFP as well, GTR, Most Wanted, Colin McRae rally 4/5. I'm just astounded at the crappy graphics that GT4 has, the pc games look unreal !

Is it me or does that picture Casio posted look more like a Saab than a Ford?
Nice ford in that case. 👍 :sly:

Not sure about the battery thing but I've heard it is not a good idea to leave your phone charging after it is fully charged (although I don't know if there is any truth behind that).

btw, I was wondering if you all could help me (please :bowdown: ).
I asked about this in my photo gallery and never got an answer.

When you post a picture using Image Shack, is there a way to make the image show up on the board in a larger size than a thumbnail?

Like the way flat-out does his first post and picture for each race?
I know he uses his site as the host for that so I'm not sure if that is a problem when comparing to my question about image shack...
But in any case, I'm just wondering...

How do you make a large image appear in your post instead of a thumbnail?
Image shack provides you with a list of different links and I've never been able to make one of them show up as a full size picture in my replies. 👎

thanks for the help,
I'm hoping to learn how to do that before the time comes that I need to post pictures for any races that might be coming up in the future (points to "Mini Cup" in sig). :P :lol:

Other games, well I played NFD:MW a while back. And I was playing Toca 2, but in order to have full throttle you have to push the 'x' button so far down my thumb gets tired quickly, but I'm hoping to try it with the wheel and see what happens. Other than that, I've also played GTR which is a great game for PC, I recommend it! I also am in the middle of Path of Neo, Metroid Prime I (STILL!!) and have Metroid Prine II to do after, PLUS the new Zelda game in June...Whew! Oh and lets not forget my other 200+ ps2 games ;)

Jerome

well, other games...

NFS: MW
madden 06
nba live 06
nba 2k6
the warriors
def jam fight for new york (best multiplayer e-v-e-r, or co-op thing, its weird the way i play:dopey: )

rented and finish lately god of war and mortal kombat shaolin monks (both great)

but all the PS2 time is shared like:

80% GT4
20% all the rest

👍

Points to question about image hosting ;)

You have 200 ps2 games? :eek:
That must be nice. :drool:

I've only got about 15 and I only play a handful.
If I had a PC worth playing games on, I would probably have a few good FPS and Driving games (but the PC isn't very good so there is no point to getting them).
In fact, I tried to play "Command and Conquer: Generals" when it first came out and I never even got through the tutorial because my system couldn't handle the graphics (or sound more than likely).

With that said, my PS2 collection is alright but I rarely play most of the games I have. As of now I only play a few games, specifically...
Ace Combat 5 (awesome game)
Soul Calibur 3 (better fighter than DOA 2 :lol: )
GT4 (obviously and pretty much the only game I spend lots of time with)

To a lesser extent I still play, GTA VC, Mobile Suit Gundam Fed vs Zeon, Moto GP 3, SOCOM 1, DOA 2: HC, Capcom vs SNK 2, and Killzone (which my little brother plays a lot of).

Suprisingly, the majority of my non-GT time is spent playing Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube. :scared: :mischievous:
That is probably one of the best looking games I've ever played on a console system. 👍
If you have a gamecube resident evil 4 is a must-have. :bowdown:
I also manage to get in some call of duty on the GC.

I saw that jump ace mentioned Metriod Prime... I tried to get into it, I mean, how could I not do that? I've got a gamecube and "MP" is less than 10 dollars at EB games.
Unfortunately, the control system in Prime was really hard for me to get used to (I need the traditional 2 joystick setup for console FPS).
So props to you if you can handle MP... It might play oddly (to me) but it looks great. 👍

And once again, : points to sig: & : points to question about images: :lol:
If anyone could give me some pointers about getting images to show up in your post I would appreciate it. :bowdown:

Ace Combat 5
(tried to make the image show as a full size image and I just don't know how :ouch: )

kragbees
I've got the W800i (looks bloody ugly but it's got 512MB built-in memory), with a 2MP camera ... it's basically a newer K750i I think.

W800 is the same as K750i,except differences in software(menus),looks and package(as you said you got a 512 memory stick with it)

Anyway,I have more than 50 games for PS2,and 3 for PS1,including GT2 and FFVII.

Besides GT4,I am currently playing the following games:

Kaido Battle 2:Chain Reaction
F1 2005
Ace combat 5(on my 4 playthrough...it's that good)
FFVII(I don't know how many playthroughs I had anymore)
Live For Speed
Race Driver 2
Killer 7: Only 2 words can describe this one: Fulli SIK!!!!

Ah, PS1 titles there (atleast one).

Not too long ago I bought and beat Castlevania (sp?): symphony of the night! That was an awesome game... Seemed like the pinnacle of the genre. :bowdown:

FF7 was fun. :dopey:
I didn't finish the game because of "chocobo" breeding/racing/:yuck:

Ran all the way up to the middle of disc 2 or maybe even disc 3 but when chocobos became the most important part of the game I quit.
That just wasn't fun to me like the rest of the game.

Regarding Ace Combat 5...
That is definately worth playing through several times. 👍
I actually took the time to get S on everything in the game (except "normal" and difficulties lower than that).
AC5 is my favorite flight game ever made (although I have some favs from the past that are good as well).

For the Images. (I assume they should up on your monitors the same as mine) To get the actual size, what I do is:

- Copy the very last URL in "Direct link to image"
(E.G, In this case http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/878/carsmall8ak.jpg)
-
Click on the little Mountain in the yellow square box picture "Insert Image"
- Just copy the' Direct Link to image" URL into the "insert image" box and tada.
carsmall8ak.jpg

I hope that's full size on everyone elses screen. Or I look like an idiot.

Actually, I just figured it out on my own by chance. :ouch: :dunce:

But thank you for your help. :bowdown:

I went to imageshack and used the "hotlink 1" for my image and it showed the entire picture (which is now nicely placed in the mini thread).

Thanks again for the help.

Well on ps2 I'm playing absolutely nothing, I'm waiting for Winning Eleven 9 International, which comes out next tuesday on feb 7th.

And on pc, well since I only have 2 pc games which are fifa 2004 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein, I prefer playing RTCW online, if any of you still play it I am generally on the us.genesis server or the fun land shrub :)

I have a feeling something not good is about to happen soon.
I think, I'm growing, wisdom teeth...:nervous:

Now I'm no dentist, but when a bit of white solid comes up from behind my last molar and starts to hurt, it think it means trouble....

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody else has had them? I heard it's a full on hospital jobbie to get them out, with a general and everything. Which as cool as that sounds, I started my final year yesterday so I can't really have anytime off.

Casio
I have a feeling something not good is about to happen soon.
I think, I'm growing, wisdom teeth...:nervous:

I think sometimes they can be left alone, mine are growing through at the moment, and it really, really hurts! :(

Dentist said, just see what happens...?

I'd say they can be left alone until they almost kill you ... I had to take mine out (all 4), because mine was growing forwards ... horizontal ... you'll soon realize if they can stay or need to come out ... you won't have a choice because of the constant pain ... apparently in some cases they have to unlock your jaw ... but I think that's just bull-talk.

Had some mean head-aches and so on until I finally went in, and was then off for a week looking like a chipmunk haha

Yeah, the drugs (don't know what it's in English) confuses the crap out of you haha, I woke up after the op and thought I was still waiting for it haha.

It's a minor operation, no big deal ... unless you're scared of hospitals that is ...

Well, at the moment it's not too bad. It's not really too much pain, it just feels like someone is pressing down there constantly and it's driving me insane. That said, it does hurt now when I bite down, and it's feeling swollen.

So I don't know, hopefully like you say it just hurts while it's coming out of the gum then it will just sit and be awesome. If not, I'll guess I'll have to live with the pain, I can't risk missing a week of WRS :sly:

Back