WRS Week 23 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 66 comments

CFM

Week 23 results: Altezza LM Racecar at Midfield

week23results6nz.jpg

Congrats to veilsidebr, for taking the overall win again week, with hOt6o4bOi and holl01 taking second and third in Div.1. All three separated by a minute .036 seconds!:scared: Whoah that was close! jase86 leads the pack for the Div.2 win, with jump_ace second, and T13R making the podium in his return to the WRS after a long time away. amp88 Grabs first in Div.3 after several weeks missing from the WRS, with Drifting 4 Ever and somebody in hot pursuit! Nice job guys.👍

It seems everyone loved this combo aside from just a few, so I'm glad you all enjoyed it. No promotions this week, so it's off to Tsukuba now. Have fun.:)

* = Replay Verification Needed
* = Replay has been posted and/or verified

Division 1

1'04.447 veilsidebr*
1'04.464 hOt6o4bOi*
1'04.483 holl01*
1'04.712 Mr P*
1'04.719 fasj6418*
1'04.742 Z.
1'04.782 Small_Fryz
1'04.782 VTRacing*
1'04.799 Puck927
1'04.861 MinorShunt*
1'04.869 jmgyro
1'04.910 SHigSpeed
1'04.922 TheWizard
1'05.047 kennythebomb

Division 2

1'04.760 jase86*
1'04.839 jump_ace*
1'04.869 T13R*
1'04.920 sjaak68*
1'04.955 lotus350*
1'04.980 Mister Weary*
1'04.984 Casio
1'04.985 geeTeye*
1'04.997 Randymcchickenf
1'05.004 KLR142
1'05.081 Dr_Watson
1'05.153 flat-out*
1'05.253 Dave_George
1'05.337 Lewie
1'05.375 kragbees
1'05.396 Kolyana
1'05.461 DRIVEN -USA-
1'05.481 Old Geezer
1'05.507 ballstothewall
1'05.665 jumpputt
1'05.680 Androoos
1'06.166 niclorin

Division 3

1'05.260 amp88
1'05.329 Drifting 4 Ever
1'05.389 somebody
1'05.466 shockwaveracing
1'05.486 speedthrill
1'05.528 MarioAndretti
1'05.692 OnlyMe
1'05.709 bigrew
1'05.817 TruBoo
1'05.941 EXelero
1'06.266 STINGER05
1'06.335 goixoye
1'06.359 Tenacious D
1'06.456 Teledriel
1'06.620 SimRaceDriver
1'09.154 Frogger1971
1'11.363 smiley_leo

Please post all requested replays in this thread.
Posting of everybody's replays is also encouraged, so if you can please do so! Share that week's effort with your fellow racers.👍 All replays are being archived by me so if you want your run saved as well, post it here.:) Congrats to all division podium placers and to everyone for another fun week of racing.

If I made any mistakes, such as placing someone in the wrong division, or mis-entering your time, please post it and I will correct it ASAP.👍

8th overall :lol:, i got your 8th Ron 👍

Very nice times guys 👍 :cheers:

VTRacing, what are you doing!! its MY time not yours! :grumpy:

i told you jase!!! congrats...

veil, big props to you...

congrats to all in this close race... i didn´t get my 1´04´500 but it was fun...
Mr P, i knew we were close... you beat me by 0´007... too bad i had a dirty 1´04´648... that would do it... replay later today...

EDIT - i just saw now, there was a tie!!! small and VTracing... great, just great

Fantastic :D

First division win. Very pleased with that.

This week has been great, really close racing, everyone seperated only be a few short seconds. I had a lot of fun this week (you can probably tell).

Well done to everyone who entered this week 👍

:cheers: to all podiums... and everyone else!

@Casio, almost had you. 👍 Real close there!
@Jase, told you you had nothing to worry about mate. 👍

Anyway here is my replay!

Attachments

• geeTeye WRS 23.max
    21.3 KB · Views: 10
53 submitted times, the most i see in a long time... now, just waiting for somebody, who always has the average...

geeTeye
@Casio, almost had you. 👍 Real close there!

Well you would of had me if it wasn't for Jase's tip.

I was using 280 gearing all week, got a best time of 1'04.988. He told me to try 270, knocked a whole .004 off my time 👍

Congrats to the fast folks again this week on some blistering times. Was only hoping to catch a glimpse of 1'04.6 at best myself, but didn't put enough effort in (though it paid off in BC!) and never got there. Just missed out on P5.. d'oh. Congrats, fasj. Way to go, jase. Nice run. Congrats to VTRacing and Small_Fryz on their tie. Would have been a 3-way as I ran the same exact time myself, but ended up gettin' lucky. Had 1'04.779 also, but it was dirty. :crazy:

Congrats to everyone participating.

Replay attached:

Attachments

• W23_1.04.742.max
    20.6 KB · Views: 7
Congrats to the winners & podiums. D3, 12th :ouch: Looks like I need to get serious or get out. It's good to see some new names in the mix.

Here's my replay [PAL], :D
Go jerome! 2nd place dude :P
Hope i got the right replay up :scared:

~~~ Jase

Attachments

• 760.max
    19.5 KB · Views: 12
Wow!!! dead last in div2....and by a lot!

I knew I did not have enough time this week to perform....ah well...that's the thing....with enough time, maybe I'll be in the middle of the pack (in div2), but with only an hour....

hopefuly, i will have more time this week....but not likely; lots to do around the house and in the house + my 3 months baby demands attention + my girlfriend want to see her tv shows + busy at work = not much time for GT4 (or should I say: = the life of adults....)

...anyways, what can you do...maybe with time, i'll be faster in shorter amounts of laps...

I was wondering, can you be downgraded to div 3 if you're not performing in div 2?

NiC
Div 2
DFP

niclorin
I was wondering, can you be downgraded to div 3 if you're not performing in div 2?

If you feel that you don't have enough free time to be competitive in Div.2, I can move you to Div.3 for a trial period. As long as you're not mopping the floor with the rest of the Div.3 drivers, then you can stay for awhile. If you want to try this just send me a PM.👍

wow... i wasn't expecting to do very well, but wow, its strange to look at the results and go "man i got killed"; when the gap is only .3 ;)
hehe, good job all... i'll have to make sure i'm back in my podium spot this week... midfield has always been my nemesis.
btw, nice pic cfm. the sunlight and contrasting shadow looks quite nice.

edit: replay attached.

Attachments

• wrs23_drw.max
    19.7 KB · Views: 9
9th in div 2....was hopin for a top 5 after lookin at luxs boars, looks like the time i dropped in final sector was more than i thought...Bring on week 24!!

Hmmm...i havent seen test track used yet in WRS, arent all the tracks gonna be used before they're repeated?? lol :P

Stunning 1'04.4's from all 3 podium guys :eek: :eek: :eek: ( 1 eek each please ;) )

To everyone else that was some great close racing ... nice results all round 👍

Special congrats to Kel for going sub 1'05 :cool: ... not bad for a chick ;)

JASON!!!!! I'm Gonna Get U For This!!! LOL. Truly awesome man, I wish I had more time to chase ya bud but I really had to do my bc race :scared: . Took 7th there, NOTHING compared to Shaun's time tho...way to go dude! Nice times all around, congrats to all!

Oh, hey I forgot to reupload our pages last night Curtis, so your will be up this evening no worries. Sorry I forgot to do that CFM, here's my replay tho!

jump_ace

Attachments

• GT4JumpaceWRSWeek23.max
    24.4 KB · Views: 10
LOL jerome thanks!
Kelly you did very well, and T13r, you guys really had me scared with your splits :scared:
As Ron said, not bad for a chick, in fact very very good! it was nice competing with you this week :D

Thanks to curtis, dan, samuel, dion, for the help and ideas, i doubt that i would have got the time i got without their help :D

~~~~ Jase

Congrats to all on the podiums, and especially to Jase, congrats dude, very nice last sector 👍 I thought I had lost 0.1 seconds there, but you were able to take a full 0.2 seconds off my T2, that's great. I had a low 1'04.7 at one point last night but it was a dirty run, oh well :)

On a little side note, I'm starting to appreciate Midfield because it brings everyones times really close together, on the other hand, a position could easily be won or lost by as little as 0.001 seconds. It's a give or take situation, but I'm much happier with it now compared to GT3.

Well hopefully this old school GT3 driver still has more to come... Later all :cheers:

Edit: I'll be installing my Xport software shortly... it's been a while I've had to use it, probably since TORC 12 ( all of a sudden I feel old :ouch: ) Replay will be up shortly after.

I'm happy to settle for 5th :D
Some awesome times for the podium guys :eek:

Jase, well done on your win 👍

CFM
If you feel that you don't have enough free time to be competitive in Div.2, I can move you to Div.3 for a trial period. As long as you're not mopping the floor with the rest of the Div.3 drivers, then you can stay for awhile. If you want to try this just send me a PM.👍

well...maybe not right away....we will see if I continue to be at the bottom...and then we can decide....

Oh and here's my replay...least I think it is :D

Attachments

• kel week 23.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 10
ok, the first race week in WRS for me was awesome.

And the results are amazing. I'm fifth in Div. 3 :) I'm pleased with that results, for now....:P

Of to tsukuba!

I'm having some problems with the USB to PS2 connection, gonna try a reboot and see if that fixes it.

Edit:Alright I fixed that, turns out my slim PS2 doesn't like my Xport CD. Good thing I kept my old PS2, even if it will not read any DVD games or movies, it still reads CD's :)

But now I have no clue which replay is which, they are all named the same. Gotta find Arwin's replay manager.

Edit 2: I can't seem to find a Replay Manager for GT4... I'll assume for now that the last ghost replay save file that appears in Xport is also the most current save. So I'll post that one up. Can someone please verify it?

Attachments

• T13R - WRS23 - 1.04.869.zip
    18.2 KB · Views: 12
I'm going to have to concede defeat this week. No matter how much time I put in I couldn't bring in a competitive time. At least I got into the 1'04's. I guess I never got the A-Ha on the haipin. Well driven everyone!

I'm just bummed that I couldn't work the Monday Magic this week.

Good news is that I didn't manage to step on the wife's toes with my driving enough to move the "doomsday clock" forward any. At this rate I may be able to drive this week at Tsukuba. Looks like a time-burner though!

Good luck all this week,

-SHig

ARGH! I ran this thing at the last minute last night/this morning and then forgot to post my time!

BLAST!

It wasn't competitive though so I'm not worried about it too much, but dang it anyway.

Congrats to all the crazy racers who spent hours on this combo.
Big congrats to sjaak for the splendid time ; you missed the div 2 podium by the skin of a tooth. 👍

And big thanks to CFM for such a lovely combo.

Attachments

• 05.153.max
    19 KB · Views: 7
Back