WRS Week 29 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 36 comments

CFM

Week 29 results: Jaguar XJ220LM at SSR5

farewell4ab.jpg

Tops overall this week is holl01 for the second week in a row. Nice job!👍 Tannis just Misses first place by a fraction of a second and kart.no.38 rounds out the top 3 in Div.1. Randymcchickenf takes down the rest of Div.2 with a nice piece of driving for the Div.2 win. shockwaveracing and jump_ace make a podium appearance as well, nice work you two.:) in Div.3, Electric....... takes the win this time around, with bigrew and bleurabbit7 filling out the last podium spots. Congrats!

Once again I'd like to say thanks for each of you for showing up week after week, especially those drivers towards the bottom of the pile who faithfully submit even though you usually won't place too high in the final tally. You guys don't get too much glory but you all help make the WRS a sucess week in and week out. I now leave things in the hands of Cyril. Good luck mate.:cheers:

* = Replay Verification Needed
* = Replay has been posted and/or verified

Division 1

1'07.273 holl01*
1'07.312 Tannis*
1'07.535 kart.no.38*
1'07.682 hOt6o4bOi
1'07.811 veilsidebr
1'08.074 fasj6418
1'08.475 T13R
1'08.871 SHigSpeed

Division 2

1'08.226 Randymcchickenf*
1'08.574 shockwaveracing
1'08.795 jump_ace
1'08.843 Casio
1'08.928 ls2_297
1'08.984 Dr_Watson
1'08.987 jctraduz
1'09.044 MisterWeary*
1'09.663 Drew22
1'10.284 KLR412
1'10.791 DRIVEN -USA-
1'11.323 NickBred5

Division 3

1'09.119 Electric.......
1'09.792 bigrew
1'10.687 bleurabbit7*
1'10.900 GTrackd02
1'11.444 Apclps

1'11.947 SimRaceDriver
1'12.882 OnlyMe
1'12.951 STINGER05
1'14.112 Jimb
1'16.130 TimBrad
1'17.369 Robster
1'18.608 smiley_leo

Please post all requested replays in this thread.
Posting of everybody's replays is also encouraged, so if you can please do so! Share this week's effort with your fellow racers.👍 All replays are being archived by me so if you want your run saved as well, post it here.:) Congrats to all division podium placers and to everyone who participated for another fun week of racing.

If I made any mistakes, such as placing someone in the wrong division, or mis-entering your time, please post the problem and I will correct it ASAP.👍

hey not bad from bottom of Div 2 last week, to second this week... :)

oh and thank you CFM for giving up the time for organising and hosting this event each week... 👍

hm, 6th of 32, that´s ok... kind of a short field... great job once again CFM, you will be missed 👍

congrats to all podiums and holl that was the drift master of this event... lots of timegained in the last sector i see...

looking foward to the next week 👍

I would have raced this one, if only I've had enough time. But I spent the past week testing several combos for our future races.
I guess I won't see my name in the results for a while :(
Congrats to those who managed to avoid all these walls.

ok, heres that replay, very dodgy coming out of the corner before t2. I couldnt find any touches in photomode, so i submitted this in hope, as its so much faster than my second best. 1.08.8 (slower thn casio i think). Take a look. If its dirty, thn its dirty i guess...

Attachments

• Week 29.max
    19.5 KB · Views: 9
Well done all.

Total entries - 32

Div 1 av - 1'07.879
Div 2 av - 1'09.488
Div 3 av - 1'13.186

Total av - 1'10.357

Man, I'm just BARELY better than the overall average. Oh well... CFM, thanks for being around! Are you going to be more of a racer now? Or are you just leaving in general to make more time for life? Lol.

Some incredible times again from the D1 usual suspects. Also nice racing there Randy 👍 And to shockwaveracing, werent you in D3 not long ago? :eek: Way to go dude. Jerome, it was a hard combo but you're once again on the podium, I'm sure you'll get your break soon. Congrats to all on the podiums.

I was hoping to atleast be within one second of the winning time. Maybe next time :) I'm happy anyways because I broke my partial goal of 1'08.5, seems like I aced my last sector after all :)

I haven't been here very long for the GT4 WRS Todd, but it was more than enough to know that you did an amazing job with the WRS. Hey, you even managed to get me back in to it with those cool combos, and that's definately a feat in itself. Hope you stick around so we can share paintjobs like old times 👍:cheers:

KLR142
CFM, thanks for being around! Are you going to be more of a racer now? Or are you just leaving in general to make more time for life? Lol.

Well I really need to get some crap done around here and other things like try and find a new job, get my 13,000 file MP3 collection better organized, and sell a ton of stuff on ebay that I need to get rid of, as well as turning some wrenches on my 300ZX, so the extra time will be useful for sure. I'll still pop in for races though, I'm planning on running this week at Nurb so that should be fun.👍

I just got done wiring my ipod into the MX-5 as I finally got a mod chip for my head unit that I have been on a waiting list for for 6 months now. So I got something accomplished today.:) Time to go for a drive and try out some tunes.:sly:

Edit: Thanks T13R, now I can give you a challenge maybe, as I couldn't keep up with you in GT3 at all. I think I might give you a run now though.:D

enjoy your retirement, you earned it. 👍

as far as this race goes... holy crap i suck at the last sector.
guess i use the brakes to much in the chicane. *shrug*

Attachments

• wrs29_drw.max
    21.8 KB · Views: 7
Hey thx Fabio! I actually was expecting like 6th place or so, especially since my best lap was a dirty .593, still would have gotten 3rd anyway. Great lap Shockwave! And Rob, now U are the sneaky devil....excellent work dude! Now its time for Flat-Out to get his cherry popped! LOL. If anyone want my replay, just ask. I'm hoping to update my site tonite.

Jerome

Good LORD I SUCK! :^) Back to the D1 ghetto for me... What happened to the rest of the D1 crew that posted splits?

Great driving from all, especially the top dogs. Color me impressed. This just wasn't my week, and I can already tell you that this week isn't going to be any better. I may submit my first clean lap and try M34 instead. We'll see...

Still having fun though.

-SHig

SHigSpeed
What happened to the rest of the D1 crew that posted splits?

Top ten list of excuses for not posting a time.

1. I'm old and forgetful. Give me a break!
2. I suck!
3. The power went out "suddenly".
4. My dfp broke. (true)
5. I couldn't get a good clean lap. (see #2)
6. Maxdrive lost all my replays.
7. My ISP was down.
8. I mistakenly drove the event in........ reverse/wrong car/wrong mode. (see #1)
9. The missus had other plans for me Monday night.(none of your business. :sly: )
10. I really couldn't be bothered. The event bored me. (see #2)

So from now on, in order to save time I will reference my excuse for not posting a time from the above list.

Week 29 = #9 :D

MinorShunt

2. I suck!
4. My dfp broke. (true)
7. My ISP was down.
8. I mistakenly drove the event in........ reverse/wrong car/wrong mode. (see #1)
9. The missus had other plans for me Monday night.(none of your business. :sly: )

So from now on, in order to save time I will reference my excuse for not posting a time from the above list.

LOL! Great list! Most of the excues though are valid ones! :D

Great job to all the weeks podium finishers!
(Quite surprised I finished in top 5! :crazy:) )

nice win Dan,
podiums to tannis and kart 👍

also to the other div. winners, randy and electric

sad to see ya go CFM, loved your combos ~ cya soooooon

MinorShunt

2. I suck!
4. My dfp broke. (true)
7. My ISP was down.

Hah!! So does the missus use excuses #2 and #9 in conjunction? <ducking and covering>.

I know for a fact that #2 (in the originally intended sense) covers all of my bases. Sure I could have dropped another half second or more, but that would have entailed a doubling of driving time. Seems like I have an inverse exponential time reduction curve that limits asymptotically to about 1 second off of the winning time. Amazingly I still managed nearly 9 hours this week. Just looked it up in my log and damn, I would have thought I'd've done better based on that. Sure didn't seem that long. Sheesh...

Oh well, bring on the Nurb. I figure in 9 hours I'm bound to get one clean lap... My monkeys have their work cut out for them this week.

-SHig

SHigSpeed
Hah!! So does the missus use excuses #2 and #9 in conjunction? <ducking and covering>.
-SHig

After 22 years of marriage, it really doesn't matter anymore. I do what I'm told! :lol:

(j/k Mrs. Minor j/k! :scared: )

Farout Randy...awesome time, top of Div 2 will just be a dream for me :) and as for Holl01...damn!!! Can't wait to see that replay

I can't believe I was stressing about my time, I spent an hour or two going from 1'09.4 down to 1'09.0 only to find it kept me in the same position anyway :indiff:

Bring on the Nurb 👍

Attachments

• 09.044.max
    20.2 KB · Views: 7
hi, i just discovered that i actually submitted the wrong time by .001, my time is actually 1'07.273, i think the stupid reason why i did this was because i was doing the IA7 test at the same time, and i had just posted that time on the database, which happened to be 32.372, but anyway, sorry for being a dick, i'm sure its okay though, careless mistake. cya later

Awesome times guys. I'm continuously getting podiums now. :D

I'll post my replay later (TV is tied up) if anyone wants to see a humble Div3 driver.

T13R
Some incredible times again from the D1 usual suspects. Also nice racing there Randy 👍 And to shockwaveracing, werent you in D3 not long ago? :eek:

yeah a few weeks back i was... i happen to like driving the faster cars more than the slower ones, and also i managed to get more than 10 laps done in this weeks WRS 29 compared to WRS 28...

Tannis and kart, would you please post your replays over there before week 30 deadline, as requested by CFM when he posted the results ?
I don't really want to un-officialize 2 times on the week that I didn't even post :crazy:

Edit :
Tannis, do you have some psionic or telepathic powers ?

Edit 2:
Tannis' and Mister Weary's replays have been checked.

Edit 3:
kart has been PMed 25 hours before week 30 ends.

Back