WRS Week 7 - a hotlap

• Thread starter somebody
  • 1 comments
Australia
Canberra
Unwired-Eddie
Since I got tired of lapping endlessly without improving my times, I thought I'd do a hotlap pictorial for any who was interested.

Special thanks to vexd for inspiring me with his write up in the GTP WRS.

From the Start/Finish line, head down the straight and begin braking just after the skid marks start. If you look closely you can see there is a narrow patch of marks before the main wide skid marks - this is your braking marker.

Turn the car in to the corner while you are still braking and put the boot in as you hit the apex.

Under the bridge and use the edge of the shadow as you braking marker here. Make sure you car is steady before powering out of this one, and keep to the centre of the track to enter turn 3.

Turns 3 and 4 can lose you a lot of time if you don't get them just right. Hug the inside of turn 3 all the way to its exit. Don't get over ambitious and cut to the grass unless your suspension setup is really good, as it can kick you off line over the crest.

You will need to turn in to for the right-hander as it is coming in to view. If you wait until the corner is clearly in view you will drop time. Also, don't turn too hard over this corner as you need to carry your speed through the left-hander that follows.

Turn 5 can be taken flat out if you've set yourself in the right position. Use the full width of the track on the exit and try not to let the car slide.

Turn 6 is similar to turn 1 but wait just a moment longer before flooring it as it is a longer corner. Don't drift too wide on the exit.

Take the next corner at full throttle. Use the dark skid mark as a turn in point.

Turn 8 can be a real bugger. Don't cut the entry to the corner. The track may looked banked but it flattens out on the apex and you will plough straight ahead.

You can hit the gas full for a moment as you line up the next corner, then hold speed around the apex and floor it as soon as the exit is visible.

Turn 10 is a relatively simple corner. Use the skid marks as a guide and don't get on the gas too early as the corner is tighter than you may think.

Final turn - this will make or break your day. You can brake late and trail brake in to the corner, getting a late apex for a slingshot back down the final straight. Be careful though - if you don't get the apex right you can lose a good half second on the corner alone.

Feel free to add comments or correct any mistakes I might have made.

AWEsome write-up man, I already had a good idea of what was going on, but thanks for finding the extra bits for me, it'll save me some time. Thanks for spending some of yours!

Back