G1pp0ne
WSCC proudly presents:

picture.php

..:: Nürburgring 500km Endurance ::..

picture.php

Congratulation to MindlessRiff for taking another fantastic victory
& for anyone who took part in this race

When:

The qualify will start at 8pm (BST) - 9pm (CEST) - 3pm (EDT) for 30 minutes.
The room will be officially open 30 minutes before the start of qualify.
The race is expected to last almost 3 hours - BE PREPARED!

picture.php

Regulations:

Tyres: Sports Hard/Medium/Soft
Room Quality: High / Chat Quality: Off
Penalties: Low also during qualify
All aids off except ABS & Driving Line (driver's choice)
Low Damage / Visual Damage Off
Tyre wear & Fuel depletion On
Grip Reduction Real / Slipstream Weak / Boost Off
Race Start Order: Fastest First and Rolling Start on 1 row,
race starts after the first intermediate

Weather will be fixed at sunny
Time Change progression: 8
The in game start time: 12:00

picture.php

Car:

Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02

276bhp/1000kg/491pp
Tuning prohibited
Brake Balance setting allowed

picture.php

Track:

Nürburgring 24h (time change) 20 laps

picture.php

Sign-up:

To participate, post your GTP-name and PSN-username on this thread.
Please specify the car number & colour you will be using.

If you are not yet a WSCC-member, you will get an invitation to join our WSCC-Social club space.

picture.php

Racing rules and treatment of race incidents:

We apply the general OLR-rules that you can find here.
To put it simply: behave in the races as if you were in a real world car race.
Car contact incidents are part of racing and will always happen. Nobody is perfect.
Everybody makes involuntary driving errors. The important thing is to stay fair.

picture.php

Here is the procedure to follow in case of an important incident:

- In case of an incident, always first look at the replay
- If after seeing the replay, you still think another driver has disadvantaged you, first contact him by PM.
- If that does not permit to resolve the incident, send a PM to the race steward (host).
- Steward will review the replay and if necessary take a race-decision.
- Never accuse another driver publicly, it is forbidden by WSCC and GTP-policy and can lead to definitive exclusion.

REMEMBER TO CLEAR THE ONLINE CACHE EACH TIME YOU PLAY THE GAME

In order to have GT5 working flawlessly on-line besides clear your cache from the in-game options/network menu it's better to open,
for the PS3 IP, the following ports on your firewall (from GT5 manual inside the game):

TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658
UDP 5658

and also, if it's possible in your router, to put the PS3 IP in the DMZ function.
This two operations will make possible to have less lag and room connection problems.

This is an interesting web site to help you operate your router to open the correct ports:

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/PS3_Gran_Turismo_5/PS3_Gran_Turismo_5index.htm

Last edited:
Sign-up list:

1. gippone/gprili/n.80/Red Pearl Metallic
2. Badger-X-/Badger-X-/n.55/Lightning Yellow
3. Lotrzyna/Lotrzyna/n.23
4. SAFFY/TRP_SAFFY/n.7/Yellow and Black
5. SagarisGTB/sagarismic/n.2/Le Mans Grun
6. Zentex/Sientex/n.42/Chameleon Orange
7. yusername/GBRC_tyrrell/n.24/Blue and Red
8. MorphicJim/MorphicJim/n.77/British Racing Green
9. Ryk/Ryk_BRM/n.62/Excellent Green and Rosso Dino Wheels
10. MindlessRiff/MindlessRiff/n.56
11. Uwanq/GBRC_Doris/n.44/Blue and Red
12. Rockr/Rockr_Elite/n.17/Red
13. Zorrin/DitQuois/n.69/Chameleon Blue
14. FakeGangstaDIE/cam_from_nj/n.4
15. mintycymru/Minty_Cymru/n.58/Light Blue
16. Vegard/GTP_Vegard/n.79

Last edited:
Most definitely in! Great event idea, gprili. I hope we get a lot of racers out for this one.
I will post my car # an colour soon.

Most definitely in! Great event idea, gprili. I hope we get a lot of racers out for this one.
I will post my car # an colour soon.

Nice to see you badger ;)

Sounds great apart from the driving line being used

In all our club events we usually allow driving line. Maybe we could start a poll to let people decide its use 👍

Man, why must these kind of races be during the week. :(

Maybe we could move it on saturday 28th? We have more than a month to decide. I'm open to suggestions :)

Sounds great apart from the driving line being used

In my experience it keeps things cleaner and doesn't benefit a driver like other aids. A good driver can find his/her own (faster) lines anyway and the marked breaking zones reduce the amount of race incidents in corners.

Driving line will be a huge distraction but I am in the race as for today, car #23 colour TBD
If there is a poll I'm for offing the driving line.

The link in first post doesn't work - could you please fix it ? - I may need a repetition of ports forwarding because I have some strange errors since 2 days ago when my modem froze ...

But having the driving line on especially at night is a massive help. The Nordschleife is hard to drive at night as its so dark. Having a big green line lighting up the track is abit NFS Shft??!!

I'm down for this, would prefer it on a Saturday too if possible.

And I dont see the problem with the driving line, if some guys want to use it, let them, if some dont, dont use it!

3. joshua1994/joshua1994/n.21/grey

Sorry for butting into a race I can't sign for, but I just have to subscribe to this just to see who has the stomach for it! :sly:

popcorn.gif

Driving line will be a huge distraction

Just an fyi - just because it's allowed doesn't mean you have to use it. 👍

I find the driving line is more distraction than help, myself. :yuck:
But those who say it helps with reducing incidents are right. It allows for more drivers to participate with confidence. And I'm pretty sure you don't want to alienate any potential participants in this race. :eek:

The race is expected to last almost 3 hours - BE PREPARED!

With a hydration pack & Depends undergarments??
:lol:

i so want to do this - took the car for a spin tonight & it was great fun.

However as a ds3 user I don't know if my fingers would be able to take the strain. I'll have a think about it & let you know.

As far as driving line goes, I wouldn't dream of using it on the ring - it would just annoy me but would be happy for anyone else to use it.

I'm interested.
On Saturday I race FMSC in the same time period as this, but I think I could make the Friday. I also say yes to the driving line; for a three hour race that takes place partially in the dark, it would be a big help.

SagarisGTB / sagarismic / #2 / Le Mans Grun

Driving line will be a huge distraction but I am in the race as for today, car #23 colour TBD
If there is a poll I'm for offing the driving line.

The link in first post doesn't work - could you please fix it ? - I may need a repetition of ports forwarding because I have some strange errors since 2 days ago when my modem froze ...

Welcome Lotrzyna, your PSN id is Lotrzyna or GTP_Lotrzyna? :)

In order to have GT5 working flawlessly on-line besides clear your cache from the in-game options/network menu it's better to open, for the PS3 IP, the following ports on your firewall (from GT5 manual inside the game):

TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658
UDP 5658

and also, if it's possible in your router, to put the PS3 IP in the DMZ function.
This two operations will make possible to have less lag and room connection problems.

This is an interesting web site to help you operate your router to open the correct ports:

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/PS3_Gran_Turismo_5/PS3_Gran_Turismo_5index.htm

I'm down for this, would prefer it on a Saturday too if possible.

And I dont see the problem with the driving line, if some guys want to use it, let them, if some dont, dont use it!

3. joshua1994/joshua1994/n.21/grey

I'm interested.
On Saturday I race FMSC in the same time period as this, but I think I could make the Friday. I also say yes to the driving line; for a three hour race that takes place partially in the dark, it would be a big help.

SagarisGTB / sagarismic / #2 / Le Mans Grun

Welcome to the race guys 👍

Just an fyi - just because it's allowed doesn't mean you have to use it. 👍

I thought it was mandatory :) - if we can choose then there is no problem and no poll required :)

Welcome Lotrzyna, your PSN id is Lotrzyna or GTP_Lotrzyna? :)

In order to have GT5 working flawlessly on-line besides clear your cache from the in-game options/network menu it's better to open, for the PS3 IP, the following ports on your firewall (from GT5 manual inside the game):

TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658
UDP 5658

Welcome to the race guys 👍

My PSN: Lotrzyna

Thanks for ports numbers - I needed it - I know about port forwarding just needed the numbers.
As for the DMZ option - I am worried somebody could somehow attack my network if I opened my PS3 in total - is it possible or am I just a noob ?

Crap, Sagaris reminded me about FMSC. Half asleep :lol:

Friday would be more more suited, or around 10.30pm GMT on the Saturday.

As for the DMZ option - I am worried somebody could somehow attack my network if I opened my PS3 in total - is it possible or am I just a noob ?

I think an alternative to this is to just hook your ps3 directly to your modem.
(Just bypass your bridged router & whatever network stuff you've got going altogether. And you can leave that all alone.)

Thanks for ports numbers - I needed it - I know about port forwarding just needed the numbers.

I don't think your PS3 can be attacked by someone like a PC
Mine is always in DMZ :embarrassed:

Crap, Sagaris reminded me about FMSC. Half asleep :lol:
Friday would be more more suited, or around 10.30pm GMT on the Saturday.

Friday is the most possible date. Let's hear if someone else agrees :)

I think an alternative to this is to just hook your ps3 directly to your modem.
(Just bypass your bridged router & whatever network stuff you've got going altogether. And you can leave that all alone.)

This is the best option if you can setup your internet connection directly into the PS3

You too gprili :) Ok, my car is #55, colour: Lightning Yellow.

Updated :)

Hello,

I'd definitely be up for this, if it's Saturday 28th. 27th...maybe.

No.24 / White body, Blue wheels (my GBRC racing strip).

Hello,

I'd definitely be up for this, if it's Saturday 28th. 27th...maybe.

No.24 / White body, Blue wheels (my GBRC racing strip).

welcome to the race :) the most likely date up until now is friday

Most probably I will connect my PS3 directly to the modem to have NAT1 for hosting this so my connection will be entirely dedicated to the race
I will do some testing in the next few days and in the next WSCC Corvette Series about this

Last edited:
This looks great gippone. A properly long race.
Saturday 28th is best for me though, Fri is my clan night, but I'll miss a clan night for this : ).
MorphicJim/MorphicJim/no.77/British Racing Green

I will investigate cache clearing and port opening. My PS3 is connected directly to my router via ethernet cable.

I read somewhere that ten mins off track/in the pits for everyone prior to the race helps re. lag.

This looks great gippone. A properly long race.
Saturday 28th is best for me though, Fri is my clan night, but I'll miss a clan night for this : ).
MorphicJim/MorphicJim/no.77/British Racing Green

I will investigate cache clearing and port opening. My PS3 is connected directly to my router via ethernet cable.

I read somewhere that ten mins off track/in the pits for everyone prior to the race helps re. lag.

You're in :)

@Lotrzyna
@Badger-X-

Do you prefer friday or saturday?

Back