[WTB] Something Guinness

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 11 comments

Der Alta

Official GTP Bouncer
Staff Emeritus
DerAlta
Yes, the beer. My boss collects all things Guinness. Be it posters, Shirts, Mugs, whatever.

Knowing that we've likely got someone on this board who has access to stuff that I can't find here West of the Pond, I'd like pick up something that is a Guinness Product, and not available here in the states. Yes, I'm working up Brownie Points.

So here's the task, I can use Paypal to come up with the cash, and I want you to Post it to my office, to my boss. So inculded in the cost of what you might have available, will also be the cost to ship it.

For instance, a Six Pack of Guinness, with all the labeling in German. A can of Guinness from the factory. An autograph of the Head Brewer for Guinness. I'm open to ideas.

Thanks,

Der Alta

Zrow gets points for correcting my spelling.

First of all...

IT'S GUINNESS!!! :D

I'm sure that eBay is a goldmine for Guinness products, if you do that sort of thing.

Thanks for the correction. I couldn't remember the exact spelling.

Yep, I could do the eBay thing, but would prefer to avoid it. After all, if I can eBay it, so can my Boss.

Well, I know I'm not across the pond there Der, but I have access to all the main Distributors for all things Alcohol on the East Coast. I'll talk to a few of the guys and see what I can pick up for you.

I also have a semi-functioning countdown timer for the great Guiness toast from two years ago. It lights up, but the wire got a little screwed with so the countdown numbers don't exactly show the full numbers. . .

Now that's something I'd certainly be interested in.

Wonder if I could re-wire it to countdown on a 24 hour period, with it ending at 5pm.

As for the other avenues, I'd certainly be open to ideas that you can come up with.

And as a final note, I'll drink you for the Resident intoxicologist title.

Now that's something I'd certainly be interested in.

Wonder if I could re-wire it to countdown on a 24 hour period, with it ending at 5pm.

As for the other avenues, I'd certainly be open to ideas that you can come up with.

And as a final note, I'll drink you for the Resident intoxicologist title.
I did not put any effort into trying to fix it when I got it, but it is just wires going into an IC chip kinda like a atapi cable in a computer. I am sure at a local electronics store they would be able to find the right fit. Amyways, PM me with some info so I can send it up to you. This is coming at a perfect time for me because moving day is this friday. I won't be able to get to any of the purveyors until tuesday so I'll let you know how that goes.

*noodles and salutes with a shot*

I'll try and get my hands on one of these for you...

af65_1.JPG

(actual size)​

The Guinness 'Pebble' - you get one when you do the tour of the Guinness Brewery in Dublin, and the bubble inside contains (guess what?... no, go on, guess...!) REAL GUINNESS... unfortunately, I cracked mine open and drank it :ill: j/k Actually, I'm pretty sure mine fell victim to the last major tidy of my house about a year ago, but I've emailed my friends who I went on the Dublin trip with to see if any of them would be willing to part with theirs, if indeed they still have theirs too... the 'Pebble' also acts as a not-very-useful paperweight, that can just about hold a piece of paper down as somebody walks past your desk, but that's about it... you can pick them up on eBay (of course) but if I can persuade a mate to part with theirs, I could vouch for the fact that it came direct from the actual brewery in Dublin.

I'll try and get my hands on one of these for you...

af65_1.JPG

(actual size)​

The Guinness 'Pebble' - you get one when you do the tour of the Guinness Brewery in Dublin, and the bubble inside contains (guess what?... no, go on, guess...!) REAL GUINNESS... unfortunately, I cracked mine open and drank it :ill: j/k Actually, I'm pretty sure mine fell victim to the last major tidy of my house about a year ago, but I've emailed my friends who I went on the Dublin trip with to see if any of them would be willing to part with theirs, if indeed they still have theirs too... the 'Pebble' also acts as a not-very-useful paperweight, that can just about hold a piece of paper down as somebody walks past your desk, but that's about it... you can pick them up on eBay (of course) but if I can persuade a mate to part with theirs, I could vouch for the fact that it came direct from the actual brewery in Dublin.

I just know I've got one of those kicking around somewhere.

"Somewhere" being the operative word.

So here I am bringing problems instead of solutions. Just an idea, though.

These were specially-designed cans, distributed to pubs for use as part of an "enjoy responsibly" campaign, in Toronto, Canada. Toronto being not across the pond, but across a... er... lake? Maybe there's an easier way to get it?

Them being limited-editions and pretty funny looking cans, maybe they're a good collector's item?

There's also a few Guinness stores around the internet that could be helpful.

Guinness Web Store
Guinness Shop
and Kegworks is within the US

Sorry for stating the obvious ones, but I was looking to help and there's little around here. Hope it helps.

I'd certainly cough up some cash for the Authentic Guinness pebble. Excellent idea guys. Thanks again!

Diego, those aren't problems, but rather Ideas.

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open.

Back