WTCR - FIA World Touring Car Cup Season 1 Complete

• Thread starter nuthunmuch
  • 55 comments
Canada
Canada
wtcr_logo-jpg.jpg

Welcome to the World Touring Car Cup.

Fans of the real-life series have the opportunity to battle for the virtual series championship. Cars will be the Gr. 4 front wheel drive cars only as these most closely replicate the TCR spec cars used by the real-life series. Points system and race format will be designed to mimic the real-life series as well.

Two races will be run at each round. Race 1 will be approximately 50 km in length and Race 2 will be approximately 65 km in length. A qualifying session will set the grid for Race 1, and the Race 2 starting grid will be a reverse grid from the Race 1 results.

Season 1 will be 5 rounds using well-known international circuits.

Driver's Championship points standings will count the best 4 rounds (1 round drop). The Team Championship standings will count all rounds for both team drivers. In order to be eligible for team points both drivers must use the same car and matching team liveries.

Round 1 - WTCR Race of Japan
Suzuka Circuit
Race 1 - 9 laps
Race 2 - 11 laps
Date: Friday, May 1 (7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time)

Round 2 - WTCR Race of Germany
Nurburgring GP
Race 1 - 10 laps
Race 2 - 13 laps
Date: Monday, May 4 (7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time)

Round 3 - WTCR Race of Austria
Red Bull Ring
Race 1 - 12 laps
Race 2 - 15 laps
Date: Friday, May 8 (7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time)

May 11th race postponed; moved to May 18th.

Round 4 - WTCR Race of Belgium CANCELLED
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Race 1 - 7 laps
Race 2 - 9 laps
Date: Friday, May 15 (7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time)

Round 5 - WTCR Race of Spain
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Race 1 - 11 laps
Race 2 - 14 laps
Date: Monday, May 18 (7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time)

Only the following cars are eligible:

Audi TT Cup '16 Gr.4 (348 HP / 2405 lbs)

Peugeot RCZ Gr. 4 (379 HP / 2619 lbs)

Renault Megane Gr.4 (350 HP / 2401 lbs)

VW Scirocco Gr.4 (334 HP / 2315 lbs)

*HP and Weight with BOP On*

You must use the same car throughout the series; no changing cars between rounds.

Standard liveries should not be used; WTCR inspired liveries are encouraged. Be creative! If you have trouble creating liveries then post below and one of your fellow competitors will likely be happy to help you out.
Teams must use the same car and matching team liveries.
Qualifying
1st 5 pts
2nd 4 pts
3rd 3 pts
4th 2 pts
5th 1 pt

Races
1st 25 pts
2nd 20 pts
3rd 16 pts
4th 13 pts
5th 11 pts
6th 10 pts
7th 9 pts
8th 8 pts
9th 7 pts
10th 6 pts
11th 5 pts
12th 4 pts
13th 3 pts
14th 2 pts
15th 1 pt

In order to be eligible to score race points driver must take the start. Drivers who start the race but leave or get disconnected before the finish will be credited with a last place finish.
Start: Grid Start with False Start Check
Boost: none
Slipstream: real
Visible Damage: on
Mechanical Damage: light
Tire Wear: 2x
Fuel Consumption: 2x
Grip Reduction at Track Edge: real
Finish Delay: 90 sec
Category: Gr.4
BOP: on
Tires: medium
Tuning: prohibited
Ghosting: weak
Shortcut Penalty: weak
Wall Collision Penalty: none
Side Contact Penalty: on
Correct Vehicle after Off Track: off
Replace Cars: off
Active Stability Management: prohibited
Traction Control: prohibited
ABS: allowed
Qualifying: 10 minute session to set grid for Race 1
Bonus points for top 5 per scoring system.

Race 1: approximate race distance of 50 km
Points for top 15 per scoring system

Race 2: approximate race distance of 65 km
Starting grid set to reverse grid from Race 1 results
All drivers are expected to race as you would in real life. This means that you must be aware of your surroundings at all times. It also means you must be respectful of your competitors when on track. Keep in mind that damage will be on so contact may result in a wounded car. Any positions gained by hitting your competitor off track must be given back immediately. If you incur a time penalty for contact or shortcutting the track you must slow and serve the penalty immediately (ie - do not continue racing while trying to slowly 'burn off' the penalty time). We all make the occasional mistake, but anyone deemed to be repeatedly and/or deliberately taking out other racers may be removed from the series.

Ready for some WTCR racing action!? Post your PSN id and car choice below, and send a friend request to the series hosts. See you on the track.

Series Hosts
PSN id: nuthunmuch
PSN id: rbkLanny

Last edited:
Entry List

1) nuthunmuch - Audi TT
2) rbkLanny - Peugeot RCZ
3) Kermit_2142 - Renault Megane
4) Road2Fury (Justin Bell) - Renault Megane
5) SpacedustDaddy (05XR8) - VW Scirocco
6) TripleN81 - Audi TT
7) CaptainWalrus56 (Litening1) - Audi TT
8) Drummmer1979 (Drummer79) - VW Scirocco
9)
10)
11)
12)

Last edited:
I tried to do a WTCR series a couple months back and got zero interest. I would join but the race time doesn't work for me. Good luck!

Hello, what dates are the races on?
Hello! Races are scheduled for Mondays and Fridays beginning on May 1st. Date of each particular round can be found in the series schedule in the original post.

Happy to have you for the whole series or just a couple rounds, whatever works for you.

Haha sorry, I don’t know how I didn’t see the dates, I was looking for ages aswell :lol:.
I’m already racing Fridays at that exact time, I should be able to make Monday’s if there’s still spaces available at the time. So put me down as a reserve if you like. Cheers.

psn: Kermit_2142 - car : Megane

Last edited:
wtcr_logo-jpg.jpg

Welcome to the World Touring Car Cup.

Fans of the real-life series have the opportunity to battle for the virtual series championship. Cars will be the Gr. 4 front wheel drive cars only as these most closely replicate the TCR spec cars used by the real-life series. Points system and race format will be designed to mimic the real-life series as well.

Two races will be run at each round. Race 1 will be approximately 50 km in length and Race 2 will be approximately 65 km in length. A qualifying session will set the grid for Race 1, and the Race 2 starting grid will be a reverse grid from the Race 1 results.

Season 1 will be 5 rounds using well-known international circuits.

Driver's Championship points standings will count the best 4 rounds (1 round drop). The Team Championship standings will count all rounds for both team drivers. In order to be eligible for team points both drivers must use the same car and matching team liveries.

Round 1 - WTCR Race of Japan
Suzuka Circuit
Race 1 - 9 laps
Race 2 - 11 laps
Date: Friday, May 1 (7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time)

Round 2 - WTCR Race of Germany
Nurburgring GP
Race 1 - 10 laps
Race 2 - 13 laps
Date: Monday, May 4 (7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time)

Round 3 - WTCR Race of Austria
Red Bull Ring
Race 1 - 12 laps
Race 2 - 15 laps
Date: Friday, May 8 (7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time)

Round 4 - WTCR Race of Spain
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Race 1 - 11 laps
Race 2 - 14 laps
Date: Monday, May 11 (7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time)

Round 5 - WTCR Race of Belgium
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Race 1 - 7 laps
Race 2 - 9 laps
Date: Friday, May 15 (7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time)

Only the following cars are eligible:

Audi TT Cup '16 Gr.4 (348 HP / 2405 lbs)
Peugeot RCZ Gr. 4 (379 HP / 2619 lbs)
Renault Megane Gr.4 (350 HP / 2401 lbs)
VW Scirocco Gr.4 (334 HP / 2315 lbs)

*HP and Weight with BOP On*

You must use the same car throughout the series; no changing cars between rounds.

Standard liveries should not be used; WTCR inspired liveries are encouraged. Be creative! If you have trouble creating liveries then post below and one of your fellow competitors will likely be happy to help you out.
Teams must use the same car and matching team liveries.
Qualifying
1st 5 pts
2nd 4 pts
3rd 3 pts
4th 2 pts
5th 1 pt

Races
1st 25 pts
2nd 20 pts
3rd 16 pts
4th 13 pts
5th 11 pts
6th 10 pts
7th 9 pts
8th 8 pts
9th 7 pts
10th 6 pts
11th 5 pts
12th 4 pts
13th 3 pts
14th 2 pts
15th 1 pt
Friends Only
Start: Grid Start with False Start Check
Boost: none
Slipstream: real
Visible Damage: on
Mechanical Damage: heavy
Tire Wear: 2x
Fuel Consumption: 2x
Grip Reduction at Track Edge: real
Finish Delay: 90 sec
Category: Gr.4
BOP: on
Tires: medium
Tuning: prohibited
Ghosting: weak
Shortcut Penalty: weak
Wall Collision Penalty: none
Side Contact Penalty: on
Correct Vehicle after Off Track: off
Replace Cars: off
Active Stability Management: prohibited
Traction Control: prohibited
ABS: allowed
Qualifying: 10 minute session to set grid for Race 1
Bonus points for top 5 per scoring system.

Race 1: approximate race distance of 50 km

Race 2: approximate race distance of 65 km
Starting grid set to reverse grid from Race 1 results
All drivers are expected to race as you would in real life. This means that you must be aware of your surroundings at all times. It also means you must be respectful of your competitors when on track. Keep in mind that damage will be set to 'Real' so damage can only be fixed by visiting the pits as you would in real life. Any positions gained by hitting your competitor off track must be given back immediately. If you incur a time penalty for contact or shortcutting the track you must slow and serve the penalty immediately (ie - do not continue racing while trying to slowly 'burn off' the penalty time). We all make the occasional mistake, but anyone deemed to be repeatedly and/or deliberately taking out other racers may be removed from the series.

Ready for some WTCR racing action!? Post your PSN id and car choice below, and send me a friend request. See you on the track.

PSN id: nuthunmuch

I would like to try this but I suspect that Eastern Daylight time is the American east (about 7am my time).

Haha sorry, I don’t know how I didn’t see the dates, I was looking for ages aswell :lol:.
I’m already racing Fridays at that exact time, I should be able to make Monday’s if there’s still spaces available at the time. So put me down as a reserve if you like. Cheers.

psn: Kermit_2142 - car : Megane
Sounds good. I'll add you to the list.

I would like to try this but I suspect that Eastern Daylight time is the American east (about 7am my time).
You're correct on the time. It is Eastern Daylight Time (eastern side of Canada and USA)

i like to take the Renault
PSN Road2fury
time US time?

Thanks for joining. I'll add you to the list.
Yes, time is Eastern Daylight Time. Same time zone as the east coast of USA if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fridays will work for me, as it'll be Saturday 9am my time. If possible, I can do the Fridays. Also, can I register my Megane as an Alfa?:D
6125459557731828748_0.jpg

If not, I'll go with the Scirocco.

Welcome! The Alfa Giullietta TCR is a cool car in the real WTCR series. Nice work on the replica.

Friendly reminder to all current and future entries: the only eligible cars are the wheel drive Gr4 models listed in the original post. This means that the Renault Megane Gr4 is allowed but the Renault Megane Trophy '11 is not (as it's mid-engine).

Planning to try the Audi for the series. Here is the livery I came up with:
6053493279059608596_0.jpg

6052925940188578844_0.jpg

If anyone new wants to join the series and be on team Rokit Audi Racing let me know, and I can share a matching livery with your number. Maybe sharing liveries will get more racers interested!?

@rbkLanny @Kermit_2142 @Justin bell Feel free to show off your liveries here as well.

Reminder to those that have signed-up: please send a friend request to me as well as rbkLanny (both PSN id in original post). It would be best to run the events as Friends Only lobby to avoid any problems from random racers.

Lobby for practice round is open. I haven't received friend requests from @05XR8 @Peddler13 .

Only expecting a few people tonight. @rbkLanny has informed me he'll be a bit late arriving.

Any new or interested racers are welcome to take part in practice round. Try different cars if you'd like. Don't have to commit to a car until the series starts.

Edit: Room is closed. Thanks to @Kermit_2142 and @rbkLanny for stopping in for some practice.

Last edited:
Hello, i hade my own season of the WTCR last year which even achieved satisfactory success for my first series, there were plans for the second season this year but unfortunately the complications with my work thwarted my plans.
Good luck with the series:D:tup:.

Hello, i hade my own season of the WTCR last year which even achieved satisfactory success for my first series, there were plans for the second season this year but unfortunately the complications with my work thwarted my plans.
Good luck with the series:D:tup:.
Please feel free to take part in this series if any of the times work for you. We'd be happy to have you along.
If you know of any WTCR fans from your series that may be interested in this one it would be great if you could spread the word.

Great initiative guys.
Sound like a fun combo to do.

The schedule dosn't fit me that well as it's a 1am start for me.:P
But perhaps I can make it for rounds 3 and 5. Will try to at least.
If so, it will be in the Audi TT.

Will let you now as soon as I can prior to the events.

Best of luck.

Lobby for practice round is open. I haven't received friend requests from @05XR8 @Peddler13 .

Only expecting a few people tonight. @rbkLanny has informed me he'll be a bit late arriving.

Any new or interested racers are welcome to take part in practice round. Try different cars if you'd like. Don't have to commit to a car until the series starts.

Edit: Room is closed. Thanks to @Kermit_2142 and @rbkLanny for stopping in for some practice.
I have notifications off, but I clicked to "Watch Thread". Last minute switch to the Scirocco, for variety. PSN: SpacedustDaddy. I'll see you all on Race Day.

Great initiative guys.
Sound like a fun combo to do.

The schedule dosn't fit me that well as it's a 1am start for me.:P
But perhaps I can make it for rounds 3 and 5. Will try to at least.
If so, it will be in the Audi TT.

Will let you now as soon as I can prior to the events.

Best of luck.

Welcome to the series. Perhaps you should see about a Red Bull sponsorship to help with the 1 am start time!

Countdown is on...only 3 hrs until Round 1!!

Thanks to all those who have shown an interest in the series. Please be patient if there are any issues with connections or race procedure as we get underway.

Reminders to all racers:
- Please ensure to confirm the friend request before starting up the game to ensure you have access to the lobby. I believe that I've sent requests to everyone on the list.
- Be patient on track and keep in mind that there may be a range of driver speeds. All driver abilities are welcome. Faster drivers should work their way through traffic patiently (especially important for reverse grid Race 2).

Hope to see you on track soon.

Round 1 is done, unfortunately not without a couple issues. I apologise for the finish of race 2. It seems I lost my connection which ended the room with only a lap to go.

Thanks to @rbkLanny @Litening1 @Justin bell for coming out!

Qualifying Order
nuthunmuch
rbkLanny
CaptainWalrus56
Road2Fury
Drummer1979

Race 1 Results
nuthunmuch
Road2Fury
CaptainWalrus56
rbkLanny (DNS)
Drummmer1979 (DNS)