WTCR - FIA World Touring Car Cup Season 1 Complete

• Thread starter nuthunmuch
  • 55 comments
Standings after Round 1 have been posted (see 3rd post at top of thread).

@Drummer79 You are welcome to continue participating in the series if you'd like. I realize it can be frustrating if the field is quicker, but don't feel bad about sticking around and racing. If we can get more people to race then the chances are better that there will be other racers closer in speed.

Hi guys, anyone got a replay or photos to share of the race??
I’m looking good for Monday hopefully so will see you on track 👍.

Pre-race Press Release:

The WTCR World Touring Car Cup is gearing up for Round 2 - Race of Germany. The garages are getting busier as mechanics and team engineers get the cars prepped to take on the Nurburgring GP circuit.

After Round 1 the championship standings have nuthunmuch, Road2Fury, and CaptainWalrus56 occupying the top 3 positions due to their consistent finishes. rbkLanny showed speed in qualifying taking the number 2 spot, but technical issues prevented the Tag Heuer Peugeot from making the grid for Race 1. The crew worked quickly to resolve the problem allowing rbkLanny to rebound with the Race 2 win.

The field looks to get even deeper for Round 2 with Kermit_2142 set to join the grid after showing impressive speed in preseason testing.

Cars will hit the track for qualifying in just under 8 hours time.

Results from Round 2 - Race of Germany

Qualifying Order
kermit_2142
nuthunmuch
rbkLanny
CaptainWalrus56

Race 1 Results
kermit_2142
nuthunmuch
rbkLanny
CaptainWalrus56 (DNS)

Race 2 Results
nuthunmuch
kermit_2142
rbkLanny
CaptainWalrus56

Post Race Press Release:

Round 2 of the WTCR series has come to a close, and the German crowd was sure to be thrilled with the intense one-track action every time the drivers circulated the Nurburgring GP circuit.

Beginning with qualifying, kermit_2142 entered the series with a bang by snatching the top qualifying spot by a mere 0.03 seconds. Despite being pressured from nuthunmuch for much of the race kermit_2142 didn't falter and turned the pole position into a race 1 win by the slimmest of margins.

After missing out on race 1 CaptainWalrus56 returned to the grid for race 2. By staying clear of some lap 1 chaos and driving smart defensive lines CaptainWalrus56 led the field through the first 5 laps. Early contact between nuthunmuch and rbkLanny cost both drivers time and track position but by lap 6 both had closed in on the battle for the lead. At the midway point of the race kermit_2142 and nuthunmuch found themselves out front and locked in a battle for the race 2 victory. Eight laps of bumper to bumper action did little to separate the two with nuthunmuch coming out ahead to claim race 2.

Thank you to those who took part. Driver's Championship standings will be updated shortly.

Next up is the Race of Austria at the Red Bull Ring. It would be great to have more drivers on track. New drivers are welcome to join the series anytime.

EDIT: Standings after Round 2 have been updated; see post #3. I also saved and shared a replay of Race 2 if anyone wants to watch the race or take some race photos.

Last edited:
Not available tonight, got stitches in my hand and cant grip a controller or wheel. Hopefully can be back in a few weeks.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you heal up quickly.

I’m hoping to make tonight if I’m not too tired 👍

It would be great if you can make it out again. Credit to you for sticking around last event despite having to work early the next morning!

Roll call for other racers: @Justin bell @Litening1 @05XR8 @TripleN81 You planning to make it for Round 3?

New racers are welcome as always. If you've been reading this thread but haven't raced yet come on out for Round 3 at the Red Bull Ring. The format is nice and simple, 1 qualifier and 2 races, no worrying about tire selection or pitstop strategy.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you heal up quickly.

It would be great if you can make it out again. Credit to you for sticking around last event despite having to work early the next morning!

Roll call for other racers: @Justin bell @Litening1 @05XR8 @TripleN81 You planning to make it for Round 3?

New racers are welcome as always. If you've been reading this thread but haven't raced yet come on out for Round 3 at the Red Bull Ring. The format is nice and simple, 1 qualifier and 2 races, no worrying about tire selection or pitstop strategy.
Sorry mate.:guilty:
Would like to take part, just to late for me to doo a decent job driving at the moment.:indiff:
Truly hope to catch on, on a later venue.
Wish you all the best for tonights race.👍

Thanks for the race last night guys, Red Bull Ring is brutal on tyres, I think that's why the race was a bit tame in the end.

Don't forget my Endurance Pre Season Event starts at 23:00 UK / 18:00 EST tonight, be great to have you along. If not I'll hopefully see you Monday night :cheers:

Round 3 is complete. Congratulations to @Kermit_2142 for taking a clean sweep of qualifying and the races. We had a couple wildcard entries for qualifying and race 1 which I've included in the results.

Results from Round 3 - Race of Austria

Qualifying
Kermit_2142
nuthunmuch
rbkLanny
SpeedGuil
sammetro
CaptainWalrus56

Race 1
Kermit_2142
nuthunmuch
rbkLanny
CaptainWalrus56
SpeedGuil (DNF)
sammetro (DNF)

Race 2
Kermit_2142
nuthunmuch
rbkLanny
CaptainWalrus56
SpeedGuil (DNS)
sammetro (DNS)

Thanks to those that came out to race. Points standings will be updated before the next round.

It's race day at Spa-Francorchamps. Qualifying will begin in just over 6 hours (start just after 7:00 EDT).

@rbkLanny @Kermit_2142 @Litening1 @Justin bell @TripleN81 @Drummer79 @05XR8

If you will participate you must confirm your attendance by responding below. A minimum of 4 racers is required by 6:30 PM EDT or the round will be cancelled. It's not fair to the regular attendees who set aside time or stay up late only to find there are only 2 or 3 cars on the grid.

Confirmed Racers for Spa
nuthunmuch
rbkLanny

Last edited:
A
It's race day at Spa-Francorchamps. Qualifying will begin in just over 6 hours (start just after 7:00 EDT).

If you will participate you must confirm your attendance by responding below. A minimum of 4 racers is required by 6:30 PM EDT or the round will be cancelled. It's not fair to the regular attendees who set aside time or stay up late only to find there are only 2 or 3 cars on the grid.

Confirmed Racers for Spa
nuthunmuch
I will be there.

It's time for the final round. Qualifying is scheduled to begin in just over 5 hours (start just after 7:00 pm EDT.

If you will participate you must confirm your attendance by responding below. Once again I am requesting a minimum of 4 racers confirmed by 6:30 PM EDT or the round will be cancelled.

Confirmed Racers for Round 5
nuthunmuch
kermit_2142

Last edited:
Back