X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
I personally like the X-men movies a lot so I am looking forward to this in 2014. Looks like this is after the prequal (X-Men:First Class) and before the main trilogy. Wolverine is my favorite so its nice to see him returning in this movie. Hopefully as more than a cameo like in First Class.

x_men__days_of_future_past_by_adwooddesigns-d5aih4i.png

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877832/

http://social.entertainment.msn.com...spx?post=d330a088-99ca-4981-b6d3-97f3472ca447

Last edited:
First bit of news:

Halle Berry is expecting again. However her new arrival shouldn't interfere with the film, according to the BBC.

This is the first time I've realised Jennifer Lawrence plays 'Mystique' I feel like an idiot now.

Also Your song is wrong now Seth Mcfarlane

Newest trailer just popped online - reveals a bit more. This is set to be one of the more ambitious comic book films (more so than Avengers, surely), and I can't wait:

Yeah, I've seen it. I really enjoyed it. I'd give it an 8/10.

I saw it over the weekend and really enjoyed it.
There are 2 parts that really dragged i think I dozed off.
But overall a good movie! 👍

Just watched it last night. It was good. Still like First Class better. I loved that film and I'm NOT a X-Men fan. But, that movie got me hooked.

BTW, if you see this movie, make damn sure you stay until the very end of the credits. What I saw was pretty awesome and you don't want to miss it. I give it a 8/10.

I expected something far worse, having got used to the X-Men franchise quality.

But damn, this was actually very good. It was the first X-Men film where I actually feared for the characters' lives.

Just watched it, really liked it only issue is

the old X men movies are useless now since they have been deleted from the timeline

I just watched this last night and I STILL do not understand this part......
How did Xavier magically come back to life after Xmen 3? The entire concept of how he is alive then comes to send Logan back in time just puzzles me.

How did Xavier magically come back to life after Xmen 3? The entire concept of how he is alive then comes to send Logan back in time just puzzles me.

The story that I've heard is that the comatose body Moira is taking care of at the end of X3 is a twin brother of Xavier's. Born that way due to Xavier's incredible powers while sharing the womb, he then transfers his consciousness to that body when Jean destroys his original body. It's a little strange, since it requires a bit of X3's storyline to then erase the events of X3, but that and the return of Logan's adamantium-laced skeleton are two of the big sticking points in the future portion of DoFP.

I don't want to make a thread for X-men Apocalypse but, why oh why couldn't they use Nathan Jones for this role?!
maitre-d-armes-2006-312-g.jpg

why oh why couldn't they use Nathan Jones for this role?!

...Because Oscar Isaac is a better actor?

I think it'd be better to have someone who can pull off the demands of portraying such an iconic comic book royalty rather than a guy who might look the part. Besides, make up and CGI will fill up the "gap" anyways.

Blast from the past, but it's "explained" in post-credit scenes in X-Men Last Stand and The Wolverine. Sort of.

I can see Fasbender as Magneto but, the orderly from Sucker Punch? I don't think Sony learned much after casting Mckellen(providing his last role as Magneto was what we saw). And CGI? Might as well do to Apocalypse what is being done to Thanos. Apocalypse standard look is horrible.

I can see Fasbender as Magneto but, the orderly from Sucker Punch? I don't think Sony learned much after casting Mckellen(providing his last role as Magneto was what we saw). And CGI? Might as well do to Apocalypse what is being done to Thanos. Apocalypse standard look is horrible.
You do realize that X-Men is a FOX property, right?

Besides, I personally think that Mckellen is a pretty solid choice for old Magneto, given his gay rights activism and the true origins of the X-Men comic book (Hint: It was created for equal rights). The only down side to the film franchise is the misnomer of throwing certain mutants into a brand x movie without a care about real continuity.

Speaking of that:

Blast from the past, but it's "explained" in post-credit scenes in X-Men Last Stand and The Wolverine. Sort of.

It's a bit more detailed than simply watching those post credit scenes, unfortunately.

The X-Men Timeline
(Source: MTV)

3000 B.C - Apocalypse makes the Pyramids in Ancient Egypt. (Days of Future Past)

1832 - Wolverine is Born (X-Men Origins: Wolverine)

1962 - Events of X-Men: First Class (X-Men: First Class)

[Editor's Note: Since we are now dealing with separate timelines at this point, I will denote the bad timeline's events in italics.]

1973 - Mystique stopped from killing Trask at the Summit
1973 - Mystique spares Trask at the White House.
1973 - Trask is Killed at the Summit*
1973 - Trask is killed at the White House*

[Note: Since Days of Future Past never looked at the possibility of the implications of either event happening on the timeline (beyond what was discussed at the beginning of the movie), it is assumed that both events would eventually merge into one timeline as a result.]

1980s - The events of X-Men: Apocalypse occur. (X-Men: Apocalypse)

1985 - Charles Xavier and Magneto visit the home of Jean Grey (X-Men: The Last Stand)

2005 - The Events of X-Men occur (X-Men)

2006 - The Events of X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand occur (X2: X-Men United and X-Men: The Last Stand)

2013 - The events of The Wolverine occur (The Wolverine)

2015 - Professor X and Magneto meet Wolverine at the airport (The Wolverine)

2023 - X-Men shown alive at Xavier's School (Days of Future Past)

2023 - Sentinels kill the X-Men. Kitty Pride sends Bishop back in time. (Days of Future Past)

2023 - Sentinels kill the X-Men. Kitty Pride sends Wolverine back in time. (Days of Future Past)

To put it rather bluntly:

Xavier's life must have been saved when Bishop was sent back through the timeline thanks to Kitty Pride. The new timeline that resulted from that allowed 'The Wolverine' to exist without worry to corrupting the existing timeline.

Xavier's life must have been saved when Bishop was sent back through the timeline thanks to Kitty Pride. The new timeline that resulted from that allowed 'The Wolverine' to exist without worry to corrupting the existing timeline.
Uh... no.

After being disincorporated by Phoenix, Charles's voice can be heard a couple of times. In the midcredit sequence of Last Stand he talks through a comatose patient to Moira MacTaggert. This is foreshadowed by Xavier asking a class whether it would be ethical to do so.

That coma patient is Xavier's twin brother - born braindead, because it's a bummer sharing a womb with a brain like that. Convenient, huh?

Back