X-Port : What stores have them?

• Thread starter Syizm
  • 14 comments
I finally decided to go out and get an X-Port. Not as easy as it sounds, unfortunately. I went to...

-KB Toys: They don't carry them.
-Toys' R' Us: Nope.
-Best Buy: Yes, but out of stock.
-Babbages/Gamestop: Yes, out of stock.
-Target: No.
-Wal Mart: No.
-Eletronics Botique: No.

So who in the hell carries these things anyway? I'd like to get one ASAP... if not I'll be waiting for the few stores that do carry them to restock.

Thanks,
Steve-o

Have you tried to order one on-line?

But I can understand if you haven't cus usually I never want to wait for something once I have found out what it is that I want. :)

Try Best Buy online, I've purchased a Sharkport/Xport through them before. Try the other stores online that you mentioned above as well.

ebay might be a route that you could take as well.

Well, I know of alot of places online that sale them... but it's easier just to pick one up at the store.

I'm just wondering if there are any other stores that carry them.

I'll be calling up at Busy Buy alot - they're cheap up there.

Steve-o

Like I said, I know how it feels to just want to go to the store and get it. ;)

But in the situation your in now, it might actually be faster to get a Xport online, and I really can't think of any other stores as it seems that you have hit them all and then some.

Good luck Syizm. 👍

SAME PROBLEM! Went to Best Buy, the only place that carries them, they don't have it. I went to Game Stop...they said they don't even carry it because it is "shifty." Next closest best buy is 40 mins away and no gaurantee they have it.

Happened to come across your forum while searching for X-Port availability information. I Have had the same problems locating this that you guys have. One guy at Best Buy finally told me they closed out the first version and have not received any information about if or when they will sell V2. I sent an email to Datel (through codejunkies.com support) requesting information on the availabliity of this product in the US. I will let you know what hear back from them.

I finally got mine from bestbuy.com...the store definately carries them though, but inventory on them is inconsistent. Other than that, no stores that I know of carry tham. Gamestop and Toys-R-Us carried sharkport, which no longer exists. They do not (as far as I know) carry x-port. I talked to a manager at Gamestop who said that most major stores won't carry them because they are "sketchy" technology and not endorsed by SCEA or SCEI. (Which is true to some extent.)

Originally posted by ZZII
I finally got mine from bestbuy.com...the store definately carries them though, but inventory on them is inconsistent. Other than that, no stores that I know of carry tham. Gamestop and Toys-R-Us carried sharkport, which no longer exists. They do not (as far as I know) carry x-port. I talked to a manager at Gamestop who said that most major stores won't carry them because they are "sketchy" technology and not endorsed by SCEA or SCEI. (Which is true to some extent.)

Ask them why they insist on stocking 3rd party memory cards - renowned for eating game data...

Oafs!

:lol: I had a Mad Katz PS1 memory card that was supposed to hold 1000+ blocks. The little led lights that showed what block it was never worked, and I could never get to the right page to get my games back. Eventually, it stopped working altogether.

I found one at Best Buy in Redwood city. It was hiding behind all the multitaps and crap. Someone was hiding it for sure. But I found it. :D

Back