Xbox Japan: "Forza 6 includes weather, night racing, 450 cars"

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 1,289 comments
Although I'm still holding off until FH3 before considering an XBone, this news has certainly piqued my curiosity. 👍

If true, liking what I'm seeing so far. Just need to know a few things:

1 - All cars unlocked on Free-play from the start. Like in FM3 and FM4. Better Free-Play mode overall.
2 - PC anyone?

Well I am anxiously waiting for this game to come out, it may fill in all the blanks that FM5 gave us. I like GT6(needs less cars) and Project Cars(needs more cars) et al, but FM6...hurry up and get here. :dopey:

1080px? So what, 40x27 or something? :lol:

Shots look quite good, might finally have to pick up an XBONE... unless it comes out for PC, which would be amazing. Sadly it's also amazingly unlikely.

Time for me to get a XBONE, Gran Turismo been disappointing the last few installments. Forza just haves everything you want in a race car game. I was of course one of the guys who grew up playing GT. But now I feel as Forza has taken the throne.

You won't regret it I jumped ship last year and I couldn't be happier. Wait until you try autovista! You also get pCARS on XBone plus A Corsa will come next year.

You won't regret it I jumped ship last year and I couldn't be happier. Wait until you try autovista! You also get pCARS on XBone plus A Corsa will come next year.

Yes I cant wait to get a XBONE with FH2 and FM5 while I wait for FM6 to come out.
I would have gotten pCARS but the car list is not that good, I want also real daily driven cars like in GT and Forza. The Hondas, Acuras, Nissans, Toyotas, Lexuses, Subarus!! Not just all the supercars we want a variety.

b910ca59-ed0d-45ca-95posiv.jpg

27568158-4047-432d-96huskl.jpg

1a046a20-bf43-4bda-89e3-965d226cc7f9.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1058308

Aaammm... I'm not sure how legit this source is. The English seems a bit dodgy to begin with. And 50 fps? The heck??

If these are indeed F6 shots, then man are we in for a treat. That last shot looks like the New York circuit. The middle one could be Hockenheim at night.

Goshdarn it, its a good time to be a current-gen console owner! :D\

Yes I cant wait to get a XBONE with FH2 and FM5 while I wait for FM6 to come out.
I would have gotten pCARS but the car list is not that good, I want also real daily driven cars like in GT and Forza. The Hondas, Acuras, Nissans, Toyotas, Lexuses, Subarus!! Not just all the supercars we want a variety.

This is what PCARS seriously lacks. I don't want to race, well.. race cars all the time. The road car collection ain't all that great. Actually, the overall collection ain't all that great! But then again, that wasn't the dev team's aim to begin with.

Anyway, personally, I much prefer a car game than a race car game.

Although I'm still holding off until FH3 before considering an XBone, this news has certainly piqued my curiosity. 👍

Matey, FM5 and Hor2 are reason enough to get the X1. PCARS, H3, FM6 and AC are just bonuses!

Time for me to get a XBONE, Gran Turismo been disappointing the last few installments. Forza just haves everything you want in a race car game. I was of course one of the guys who grew up playing GT. But now I feel as Forza has taken the throne.

IMO, Forza pretty much took over when FM2 came out. Once I saw what FM3 and 4 could do, I ditched GT for good. Been a great number of years growing up on GT, but Forza just owns it. I could no longer live with the mediocrity. I wanted to experience the real thrill of racing on a console, and Forza is it.

Just get the X1, you'll have zero regrets I assure you. :cheers:

Last edited:
50fps is a typo makes no technical sense, 50fps will have screen tearing. Multiple typos to back that up Daytone instead of Daytona
While i agree that it is probably a typo, it could have meant that the game never would dip below 50 fps, but will do 60 when it can. It would also not give you any tearing if the TV's refresh rate was set to 50hz, but that might be a nonstandard format nowadays.

While i agree that it is probably a typo, it could have meant that the game never would dip below 50 fps, but will do 60 when it can. It would also not give you any tearing if the TV's refresh rate was set to 50hz, but that might be a nonstandard format nowadays.
That seems like a wise expectation. 24 cars on grid now and weather are a big performance killer, there's no way fm5 would have managed it at 60fps. But with the extra core of power now available, dips to 50fps and 60 for the majority of the time seem a realistic bet.

I just can't wait to finally drive that beautiful laser scanned Lemans at night!
Was it confirmed Lemans is at night? Night has been confirmed but they didn't mention which tracks have night and weather. Obviously we would like to see ALL tracks with night and weather but I wont set my expectations that high.

Was it confirmed Lemans is at night? Night has been confirmed but they didn't mention which tracks have night and weather. Obviously we would like to see ALL tracks with night and weather but I wont set my expectations that high.
It would be the dumbest decision ever to not have night at Lemans.

It would be the dumbest decision ever to not have night at Lemans.
I agree and hopefully its a night day cycle but you never know. E3 is known EVERY year to market features that don't reach the full game.
I don't see the word dynamic in the reveal. And if we had dynamic weather and time I'd expect it to be plastered all over the article. Think people are getting ahead of themselves a little bit, wait for E3 and ultimately wait for release before we celebrate too much. E3 can't come soon enough!
Yes that's what I am also wondering about. It would have said dynamic for sure. So my guess is it might be restricted to certain tracks and will either be wet or dry, night or day. I would be okay with that too. Or if we are lucky maybe we can at least pick night, weather for each track and not restricted to just certain tracks. Hopefully we will have more confirmation next week at E3.

Matey, FM5 and Hor2 are reason enough to get the X1. PCARS, H3, FM6 and AC are just bonuses!
Not to me, but it would be great if FH3 and FM6 are more compelling, because the Horizon series is the concept I desire in a driving game, and I prefer Forza's collection of cars over a game like PCARS.

In the meantime, my Wii U will keep me more than busy enough until we learn about FH3.

Dynamic time is something that I support in theory, but in practice so long as the night racing is actually *night* racing instead of just "we darkened all of the track textures and skybox" than I'm all over that. Especially if the performance hit is lighter.

Latest Posts

Back