Xbox Japan: "Forza 6 includes weather, night racing, 450 cars"

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 1,289 comments
Pure speculation with GT7.

It's not everything. It's missing one of my favorite features and as a result, I stand by my original post in this matter stating that once again, a console racing game disappoints with half-arse features.
What I'm wondering is, what is half assed to you? Implementing these features and not being able to run them as intended, or partially implementing them?

It's self inflicted mediocrity due to how each one of us, no matter how displeased we are with the GT's and FM's in gaming, we buy them each release, no questions asked.

Oh sure, we post on the internet how feature "A" and system "B" are bothersome, but alas, it doesn't seem to matter when our wallets already did the talking.
Not every game is perfect, & not everyone has the same standards set for games. Most folks are probably pretty tolerant knowing that despite a flaw or two, they don't distract from the game still being good.

Coming off as if we shouldn't have any criticisms at all because we bought the game. Who cares if updates & patches are a thing that can be created from those criticisms....

No more quicksand? That's all I needed to know.

And I like how he answered those questions. He kinda did the politicians answer and directly answered the question at the same time.
Oh sure, we post on the internet how feature "A" and system "B" are bothersome, but alas, it doesn't seem to matter when our wallets already did the talking.

Or maybe the game isn't just feature "A" and system "B". Maybe the game is an amalgamation of very many systems and features, and the overall package is worth buying. I've literally never bought a game that didn't have a few things that bothered me, but very rare is it that I regret purchasing a game because of those things.

It's self inflicted mediocrity due to how each one of us, no matter how displeased we are with the GT's and FM's in gaming, we buy them each release, no questions asked.

-I didn't buy GT5 at all after hearing it had standards. Rented it for a about a week and then received it later that year as a christmas gift. Mainly just ended up doing B spec. Could not stand to play A spec with the standards.

-I didn't buy GT6 at launch after hearing about the standards. Found out standards didnt have any restrictions and could be purchased at any time. So I waited a couple months and bought it for about $25.00 from Family video.

-I didn't buy Forza 5 at all because it did not have night or weather.

-I did buy FH2 because it did have night and weather. Plus it was dynamic so an extra added bonus.

So no some of us do not buy each game at launch "no questions asked". In fact I probably wont buy Forza 6 at launch either. I will wait a few days maybe even a week and see how well it is working. Might rent it on launch day.

EDIT: Had to fix a few typos.

Last edited:
Because there's still limits to what a developer wants & what they can achieve. The obvious thing now is to wait & see what tracks get these day/night/weather options, but so far, it looks like Daytona, Sebring, Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Spa, & Le Mans will be available. I'm not betting on Rio since it'll probably be the "showcase" track like the Bernese Alps was to 5.

And that's understandable, and I may rely on my experiences with helping to develop pCars often as it's really taught me the other side of things: what goes on behind closed doors, how there's information that can't even be shared immediately with investors because of the parameters of that specific agreement, etc. However, the one thing I also understand from this experience is that something needs to pique your interest.

And weather/time of day does that for Forza but the immediate takeaway is its limitations, and that's not something that's so easily shaken off.

The graphics>gameplay argument (not referencing you specifically) always gets me. Folks upset that developers put more emphasis on graphics than anything, yet are the first folks to get into FPS arguments when the game doesn't maintain a constant 30/60/whatever FPS and point all sorts of things in relation. Even if T10 managed dynamic weather & lighting, there would still be folks looking for that first instance of it affecting the game, and immediately calling it out. Happens to GT & we see it pointed out in PCars.

I respect, perhaps more than anything else, that they absolutely will not compromise a rock-steady 60fps target for anything unless it can be done right. The downside to that is exactly that, they're unwilling to compromise the frame tick and visual fidelity. The only exception to this rule thus far is Forza Horizon which is an entirely different game by all rights.

What I'm wondering is, what is half assed to you? Implementing these features and not being able to run them as intended, or partially implementing them?

It's the same half-arsed weather implementation that Gran Turismo 5 and 6 did before FM6. Seriously... if weather and time features need more work, let them cook in the oven. PDI started a trend of "creating as they go" and now it seems to be the "modus operandi" when it comes to console racing games.

Not every game is perfect, & not everyone has the same standards set for games. Most folks are probably pretty tolerant knowing that despite a flaw or two, they don't distract from the game still being good.

Coming off as if we shouldn't have any criticisms at all because we bought the game. Who cares if updates & patches are a thing that can be created from those criticisms....

Agreed. Most games are far from perfect, and generally I am ok with that. I consider myself very tolerant to racing games but I was really looking for T10 to deliver that perfect game.

If I came off as such, my apologies, for I am all for voicing displeasure via forums. IE - My posts regarding FM6.

Or maybe the game isn't just feature "A" and system "B". Maybe the game is an amalgamation of very many systems and features, and the overall package is worth buying. I've literally never bought a game that didn't have a few things that bothered me, but very rare is it that I regret purchasing a game because of those things.

Indeed. Now while I am not a programmer, I am however a loyal customer who has spent hundreds of dollars on Turn 10 products. I really went into the E3 Conference expecting not to be disappointed as I believed the PR talk by T10 had improved and they were really going to live up to the promises they made.

Plus, I never said that FM6 wouldn't be a great game. ;)

So no some of us do not buy each game at launch "no questions asked". In fact I probably wont buy Forza 6 at launch either. I will wait a few days maybe even a week and see how well it is working. Might rent it on launch day.

You are much more strict then I am when it comes to supporting games and I tip my hat off to you, but I hardly believe you represent a majority of people. Me? I am guilty as charged, although my new game purchases have rapidly declined over years as I get older.

Look. I am simply disappointed with another Forza game, like GT5 and GT6 before it.

Agreed. Most games are far from perfect, and generally I am ok with that. I consider myself very tolerant to racing games but I was really looking for T10 to deliver that perfect game.

If I came off as such, my apologies, for I am all for voicing displeasure via forums. IE - My posts regarding FM6.
That's where we'll different then, I guess. After sitting through 3, 4, & 5's pre-releases, it doesn't bother me to see a lot of hype build off images & then see the actual information reeling it back in. There's just some things you associate with devs like PD's notorious development time/inevitable delays.

It isn't dynamic, but it's a start as a long time fan. As long as the core gameplay remains the same & the physics, sounds, & modifications get better, I'll be happy. The modification system needs a hefty upgrade.

This is looking more and more like what I expected Forza 5 to be. Good to hear that other car categories are being fleshed out, should make for some interesting race series'. Although weather is taking priority, it seems from the trailer and screenshots that the 'Photoshopped' effect of the visuals seem to have finally been dumbed down as well (bright sun glare being the number one offender).

The steering wheel rotation is still 180 degrees from lock to lock and they want to convince me that the game is simulation 👎
Well, I didn't realize that a visual inconsistency fully means that the game isn't a simulation anymore? :P Still, an option to disable the wheel all together wouldn't hurt, as I'm sure its a complaint from most wheel users.

Well, I know that this will be a game that I'm getting on day 1; especially with a lot of the stuff comfirmed already. I'm not too bothered that the game doesn't have dynamic weather & time change. I'm just happy that it will have night racing. Oh, and those Forza rewards are definitely going to be a motivator. It's a good thing that I already collect cars like crazy already. :P

Like always, what I'm wondering is how extensive is the customization going to be? Are they bringing over the HRE rim's, are they adding more, are they taking away more (like in FM5.)? Customization is a big part for me.

Maybe they couldn't render it without the arms glitching and didn't want to spend any longer on getting it right?

The steering wheel rotation is still 180 degrees from lock to lock and they want to convince me that the game is simulation 👎
I don't see how that would make FM6, or any other game for that matter, less of a simulation. It's just an animation. I assume that no changes were made due to most people playing with a controller, or they just simply couldn't be bothered for other reasons.

I understand that hardware limitations and focus on graphics and physics may have had an impact on making time and weather non-dynamic and only on some tracks. I am not surprised by this. With 1080p/60fps, 24-car grids-including online (can't wait for bigger demolition derbies LOL), among others, there needed to be trade-offs.

Anticipation comes into me despite not owning a Xbox One and being more excited for GT7. But at the same time, based on what I've read, it might be a Project CARS knock-off, which worries me and might make SMS angry. Also, it might as well be knocking on GT's door now.

However, there's also a bunch of graphical and physics stuff described which I think is too good to be true. 3D puddles, 148 unique textures, the "changing" of the rumble strips, and the cooling of the tarmac at night are all unpredencented in any racing game I've ever heard of and I think it might not work out properly.

Back