Xbox Live Black Friday Deals Start Now

So, let's see what we've got here.

Assetto Corsa: Already have this on my two other platforms, and it hasn't impressed me on either (though I still occasionally whip it out on my laptop).
The Crew: Too old now.
Dirt 4: Really very good. But I already have it on my laptop.
F1 2017: Really, really very good. But I already have it on my laptop.
Forza Horizon 3: Ah, but I already got this off Amazon's last Prime Day sale. And the Ultimate Edition at that, though the 6 months of Xbox Live with it were probably more enticing, to be honest. Certainly, with FM7 now a thing, I've not seen much reason to bother with FH3. But the 'free' DLC was nice at least...
Micro Machines World Series: Not up my street. Nor much good, it seems.
Need for Speed Payback: Haha, no.
Project CARS 2: The only game I'd really consider taking a punt on. I've heard it's rather good, if not perfect...but is it good enough? I'm not sure. I'm also uncertain about how much content there actually is, especially if I'll have to download most of it.
WRC 7: Kylotonn rally game. Really no.

So unless y'all can sell me on PC2, I suspect I will be looking places elsewhere for my Black Friday fix this Saturday. Wait, what?

I still only have limited experience with it, but @Brend has had nothing but good things to say about WRC 7 — even in comparison to DiRT 4. As a Scotsman, I trust his opinion on rallying. :D

I still only have limited experience with it, but @Brend has had nothing but good things to say about WRC 7 — even in comparison to DiRT 4. As a Scotsman, I trust his opinion on rallying. :D
@C-ZETA - I found it a very fun drive, as did @Scaff. If DiRT 4 doesn't tickle your fancy...well worth a look. It's personally my favourite rally game on the actual gameplay front, of the year. 👍

So, let's see what we've got here.

Assetto Corsa: Already have this on my two other platforms, and it hasn't impressed me on either (though I still occasionally whip it out on my laptop).
The Crew: Too old now.
Dirt 4: Really very good. But I already have it on my laptop.
F1 2017: Really, really very good. But I already have it on my laptop.
Forza Horizon 3: Ah, but I already got this off Amazon's last Prime Day sale. And the Ultimate Edition at that, though the 6 months of Xbox Live with it were probably more enticing, to be honest. Certainly, with FM7 now a thing, I've not seen much reason to bother with FH3. But the 'free' DLC was nice at least...
Micro Machines World Series: Not up my street. Nor much good, it seems.
Need for Speed Payback: Haha, no.
Project CARS 2: The only game I'd really consider taking a punt on. I've heard it's rather good, if not perfect...but is it good enough? I'm not sure. I'm also uncertain about how much content there actually is, especially if I'll have to download most of it.

So unless y'all can sell me on PC2, I suspect I will be looking places elsewhere for my Black Friday fix this Saturday. Wait, what?
WRC7 is a great game.

Don't dismiss it out of hand, the Dev has worked damn hard to put a solid rally title in place this time around, it's got a decent physics engine and some excellent stage design.

My opinion, it's better than the expansion pack that Dirt 4 turned out to be.

WRC4 wasn't bad, so I might have a look at WRC7.
PCars2 I'll have to check if they added an update to support the G920 on Xbox yet, since I won't be able to enjoy it at all until that works.
FH3 car pass for 8 bucks? Well I'm just tickled pink. Guess I'll be playing FH3 tonight. :)

Just wondering, is this really Black Friday sales already? All games had a "3 days remaining" discount price when I checked the so called Black Friday sales early this weekend so it sure looked a bit fishy. I have a feeling if you want to buy something it's maybe better to wait a bit longer and closer to the real black friday, maybe some prices will drop a bit more. Or maybe Microsoft is waiting to see what Sony does and then adjust prices accordingly if needed.

Might get WRC 7, F1 2017, NFS Payback on the racing department and Assassins Creed tripple pack, Assassins Creed Ezio collection and (if on sale) Diablo III Eternal collection. I played the latter years ago on my PC but wouldn't mind it on console for a cheap price. I did play Reaper of Souls on the PC but never had the necro added. A bit interested in Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 as well since they both seem to be enhanced quite nicely for 4k HDR X1X.

For the PS4 Pro if I see a sale on the Skyrim VR Bundle I might get that.

All that together sure is way too many titles so I'm not buying all that. Probably will just go for the best sales.

Here in France the Supermarket "Auchan" is selling Gran Turismo Sport for €29.99

2017-11-20 15_35_24-Foto's.png

Here in France the Supermarket "Auchan" is selling Gran Turismo Sport for €29.99
Same price at MediaMarkt/Mediaworld (only today, though).
I hope to see a similar deal for Project CARS 2 on both platforms in the next days.

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.

Last edited:
Back