Xbox price cut by 40% in Australia 5 weeks after launch!

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 8 comments

vat_man

Staff Emeritus
Well, there haven't been any sales figures put out yet, but I'm guessing the X-Box ain't goin' so well (note figures are in Australian dollars).

Microsoft just announced a 40% price cut (from $699 to $399) on the X-Box console, and for those who bought prior to the price cut, they mail in proof of purchase and get two free games (and the list to choose from was actually reasonably good quality) plus a free controller.

This means the base console is now $100 cheaper than the PS2, although to bring it up to DVD playing standard is another $49.95.

Mmmm. If they get down to $200 I might pick one up and put it next to my Beta Video Recorder.

Ha ha ha hah hah ha haaa ... got any web links backing this information? I want to send it to all my XBox friends (:

And ... are XBoxen regional like the PS2?

~LoudMusic

Actually the Gamecube is about to be released, and MS is lowering the price to try and insure that the big N doesn't gain too much of a market share. :)

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Ha ha ha hah hah ha haaa ... got any web links backing this information? I want to send it to all my XBox friends (:

And ... are XBoxen regional like the PS2?

~LoudMusic

:reallyodd

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
Actually the Gamecube is about to be released, and MS is lowering the price to try and insure that the big N doesn't gain too much of a market share. :)

What - more than theirs!?! :lol:

Seriously, if Microsoft are that worried about a system that appeals to much younger buyers and a proprietory DVD format that won't play DVD movies, then I think they can pretty well kiss the market goodbye.

They are doing the same in Holland.
They are lowering the price from 469 euro to 299 euro.
And the two games and a controller for the ppl who already have a XboX.

Back