Xbox Series S Officially Unveiled at $299

Luckily was able to get a ps5 at launch which lives with my sim rig.
Had PS4 gathering dust in living room which I traded into game, handed over £80 and walked out with a series s, my first ever Xbox.
I’ve only a 1080 tv in living room so series s made sense, so far kids are playing roblox and rocket league only.

I’ll probably get games pass ultimate as I’m looking forward to flight simulator and for the sake of £11 per month it makes sense, kids will want to play likes of fifa.
Can’t knock game pass value, all those games for price of two games per year makes it a no brainer.

So have to say, Microsoft strategy with series s worked, me as someone who’d no intention of even thinking of buying an Xbox, let alone subscribe to game pass!

Dev Mode and running Retroarch on my Series S has been an absolute game changer in terms of justifying getting the smaller model when I did.

The fact that I am able to play PS1, PSP, Dreamcast and PS2 games, alongside most everything else under the sun, all without having to go through hoops in order to run Retroarch is just as sweet a proposition as Game Pass is, tbh.

Back