Xbox Series X Games Showcase Coming July 23

Yup I hope MS has learned from the previous event and steps up to the plate on the games side of things.

The hardware is already impressive imo. Just have to show the games off now.

Im hoping and praying for some FM8 news. That department has been dry all year so far and its rivals have already announced their games, with PC3 already coming out in a month. Come onT10 we need something.

Well, there maybe a very early look.

But XB insiders aren’t expecting FM8 this year. Strongest rumour is a new FH4 DLC update and 4K/60 patch.

Im hoping and praying for some FM8 news. That department has been dry all year so far and its rivals have already announced their games, with PC3 already coming out in a month. Come onT10 we need something.

Historically Forzas are usually revealed at E3 in June, but obviously E3 didn’t happen this year. I can’t imagine them not releasing FM8 this year after taking a year off already from a Forza release

I'm super hyped to see FM8 at Xbox's event this month. I went back to watch the old trailers of forza and every single one of them had a release date at the end. FM8 is definitely going to release this year after T10 took the year off.
Well, there maybe a very early look.

But XB insiders aren’t expecting FM8 this year. Strongest rumour is a new FH4 DLC update and 4K/60 patch.
Source? I doubt FH4 will be getting another expansion update. It can probably (key word: probably) get upgraded to the XSX, but that won't mean T10 aren't releasing FM8 this year.

It already had it's first play test at the studio back in December of 2019, confirmed by Chris Esaki himself who said it was playable. More news will follow after that in 2020, which is bound to be at this upcoming event.

It only makes sense that T10 has been waiting for this event to happen, since E3 has been canceled this year. It's coming.

I'm super hyped to see FM8 at Xbox's event this month. I went back to watch the old trailers of forza and every single one of them had a release date at the end. FM8 is definitely going to release this year after T10 took the year off.

Source? I doubt FH4 will be getting another expansion update. It can probably (key word: probably) get upgraded to the XSX, but that won't mean T10 aren't releasing FM8 this year.

It already had it's first play test at the studio back in December of 2019, confirmed by Chris Esaki himself who said it was playable. More news will follow after that in 2020, which is bound to be at this upcoming event.

It only makes sense that T10 has been waiting for this event to happen, since E3 has been canceled this year. It's coming.
A couple of the most reliable XB insiders on Resetera. T10 could always surprise us. But there’s been very few leaks or partnership news to suggest it’s coming this year. If anything I think they may do an extended beta as they’ve talked about fans influencing development.

I'd be very surprised and a little bit disappointed in Forza isn't being lined up for launch. Its a big title that will sell consoles and offers something totally different to Halo and whatever else may be lined up for launch.

A couple of the most reliable XB insiders on Resetera. T10 could always surprise us. But there’s been very few leaks or partnership news to suggest it’s coming this year. If anything I think they may do an extended beta as they’ve talked about fans influencing development.
A beta!? That would be the last thing T10 is willing to do. Sure there have been no leaks for FM8, but that just mean T10 are keeping it under wraps until the event. I still believe FM8 will release this year. No reason not to after that year off last year.

FM7 was really quiet until E3, we only knew it was coming because of the Ford GT launch in January of that year. Then they showed it at E3 and trickled info to launch in October of that year.

Could just be the same again only this time there was no car launch to announce it and E3 was cancelled so the MS game studios event is now its chance to shine. Then trickle info to what will be a later launch for a Forza potentially to coincide with XSX in November.

I hope.

This is microsofts opportunity to pick up the ball they dropped with the rest of their reveals so far... in my honest opinion, there has been little to no excitement surrounding the xbox, which is a huge shame.

Apparently all standard variants of the Xbox One (S, S All-Digital and X) have been discontinued, with only orders for third-party bundles being fulfilled.

Considering the original launch for the Series X was supposed to be in August, is this suggesting things are getting back on track for a launch earlier than Holiday 2020?

Apparently all standard variants of the Xbox One (S, S All-Digital and X) have been discontinued, with only orders for third-party bundles being fulfilled.

Considering the original launch for the Series X was supposed to be in August, is this suggesting things are getting back on track for a launch earlier than Holiday 2020?

Almost certainly, it's unusual that they would pull the plug so early if it didn't mean that the new one is imminent.

Even so it is a bit drastic, usually there is some overlap of production with the old and new generations.

Debunked as a false rumour. From the same thread:
Screenshot_20200711_142238.jpg

Really hope they've held back some brand new exclusive titles otherwise Sony will come out on top once again... Looking forward to the announcements not long to go

Really hope they've held back some brand new exclusive titles otherwise Sony will come out on top once again... Looking forward to the announcements not long to go

It'll be a very short show if they haven't got some new things to show as its a Microsoft Game Studios showcase. The last one was just 3rd party titles.

It'll be a very short show if they haven't got some new things to show as its a Microsoft Game Studios showcase. The last one was just 3rd party titles.

Ive read an article saying many exclusives are 2 years away doesn't bode well...

Ive read an article saying many exclusives are 2 years away doesn't bode well...
Next gen exclusives will come two years from now, but crossgen games will come constantly since release of XSX. All announced PS5 titles also could be released on PS4 in slightly different form, but Sony just artificially cut PS4 versions.

You know whats going to be a huge disappointment, if T10 dosent show up or even mention FM8 during this event. Then we will be really stuck wondering when will it ever be released if at all.

But it will still have Xbox exclusives. Microsoft have been very open saying that for at least 18 months it will be cross platform (XBX and XSX) for the exclusives.

For me I actually think that's good news as it points towards a potentially surprising price point for the XSX as there won't be immediate need so it has to be attractive.

Last edited:
Yearly Xbox Live Gold subscriptions have been removed from Microsoft Store.

This is pretty big news which I am sure we will hear about on July 23rd. Merger with Game Pass incoming?
This also follows a recent VentureBeat article from industry insider Jeff Grubb who predicted that Microsoft might talk about the future of Xbox Live Gold at this month's Xbox Games Showcase on July 23, questioning whether it might be time to phase it out due to its outdated nature.
I'm curious as to why it's outdated. It's literally what allows you to play any of the games fully online.

The Game Pass is a fantastic idea, but so far, I've only used it to play Ark & Horizon 4. So for me, I don't personally have a use for it & would prefer to keep just paying for online access than a higher-priced subscription that gives me both.

Speaking of games to be showcased. I'm hoping that Playground Games' new RPG that isn't-but-definitely-is Fable gets shown. They've subtly teased it for a few years, hopefully this is where we get that first real taste.

But it will still have Xbox exclusives. Microsoft have been very open saying that for at least 18 months it will be cross platform (XBX and XSX) for the exclusives.

For me I actually think that's good news as it points towards a potentially surprising price point for the XSX as there won't be immediate need so it has to be attractive.
I hope MS and Sony price war it out... thats a win for all of us. Fingers crossed there is a killer app or three 2moro ;-)

Latest Posts

Back