xbox360 message and question???

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
I have a new HDTV and the component cables for the xbox360. However, I get this message when I go to the Console settings and set it to HDTV 1080i.
"HDTV output is disabled. Your xbox360 component HD AV cable is currently set to TV"
What does that mean???

check on the video cable connector of your xbox. On the side that goes in the xbox is a switch which can be set to 'TV' or 'HD'. Your cable is most probably currently set to 'TV' and so the Component signal is not being sent correctly.

edit: I also just remembered that when you go in your console settings (in the dashboard, its the last onglet on the right - the purple one). Go in Video/display options and there are settings for HDTV... like setting it to 1080i or 720p... and so on.

check the manual for instructions.

Hope this helps.

RedOak
check on the video cable connector of your xbox. On the side that goes in the xbox is a switch which can be set to 'TV' or 'HD'. Your cable is most probably currently set to 'TV' and so the Component signal is not being sent correctly.

edit: I also just remembered that when you go in your console settings (in the dashboard, its the last onglet on the right - the purple one). Go in Video/display options and there are settings for HDTV... like setting it to 1080i or 720p... and so on.

check the manual for instructions.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot!!!! Thats what was wrong. Dang I cant wait to see what the graphics look like now!!! I had the settings on the console on 1080i but the cable was on TV just like you said. :) Dang I bet movies will look even better now!!

Yes that worked. However I did not see a significant difference with the cable off or on so far. Thats ok at least the message is gone and I know it is definetly playing in 1080i now. :)

Whoa, I noticed a big difference with the switch immediately. 480i/1080i...even the text in the dashboard looks 10x better.

BlackZ28
Whoa, I noticed a big difference with the switch immediately. 480i/1080i...even the text in the dashboard looks 10x better.
Yes 480p to 1080i is a lot better but I already had it in 1080i but the cord was set to TV the first time. Then I clicked the button on the cord over to HDTV and I did not see a huge difference. It looked stunning both ways. Its almost like it still played in 1080i even though the cord was clicked onto TV the first time.
Some games are only in 720p and some are in 1080i.

after playing on my mates Xbox 360, i now want one! But, i no you can play the xbox 360 on the red, white and yellow cables and HD, but, my friend said something about using a 15 pin plug which will work as well as HD. I found this LCD TV which has a 15 pin plugin socket, and can you plug the xbox into that to get as good as graphics as a HD ready TV?

you have to buy the VGA cables ($40 american) And any LCD/CRT pc monitor will work. you can't get HD out of RCA cables.

Back